or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple PC shipments reach new high of 13.6% despite contracting global market

Apple PC shipments reach new high of 13.6% despite contracting global market - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Originally Posted by Aizmov View Post
Unfortunately for us Mac users Apple doesn't care about the Mac anymore. The iMac, Mac mini and Mac Pro weren't updated this year.

So I guess the MacBook family is just chopped liver.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACT View Post

In all of these analyses it is worth remembering that roughly 70% of PCs are in businesses (mostly very low end machines), and are of little interest for the average consumer. Looking at the numbers for USA and Europe the overall Mac use is about 12%, which roughly translates to about 40% home use. This fits well with the estimate that 40% of college students are buying Macs.

I did notice this.  Macs seem to be preferred at the University I go to. 

Except in the Business faculty (where I am).  There it's all ThinkPads, EliteBooks, and Dell Latitudes... 

post #43 of 45

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 1/22/13 at 7:03am
post #44 of 45
Apple has repeatedly said that they will not ship until the product is something that they are proud of producing. Tim Cook is on the record saying that the Mac Pro tower is getting a refresh. I have to assume the same for the iMac. The only reasonable explanation for the iMac is a shortage of high definition and high quality screens. The newest workstation processor from Intel is due soon so I would expect that this is the hold up for the Mac Pro. The iMac is due for more than a basic refresh of its components. It is due for a new form factor.

Perhaps the new product announcement on the 23rd will include a refresh of desktop machines.
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnewsjunkie View Post

Apple has repeatedly said that they will not ship until the product is something that they are proud of producing. Tim Cook is on the record saying that the Mac Pro tower is getting a refresh. I have to assume the same for the iMac. The only reasonable explanation for the iMac is a shortage of high definition and high quality screens. The newest workstation processor from Intel is due soon so I would expect that this is the hold up for the Mac Pro. The iMac is due for more than a basic refresh of its components. It is due for a new form factor.
Perhaps the new product announcement on the 23rd will include a refresh of desktop machines.

Correction: Steve Jobs said that. But we see now - rMBP 13" and 15" ~ released without much app support initially, still choppy. iPad mini - no retina screen, it's really quite blurry because it's 1024*768 at 8" (or so). The iPad mini design is a little bit "cheap" as well in the way the display sits quite below the glass. iMac ~ nice, appears ready, but they can't seem to make enough (or even meet initial targets).

iPad 4 ~ excellent, but shouldn't they have waited to refine the form factor rather than just a new chip? The iPad 4 screen is also excellent, but I'm sure Steve would have wanted a slim down of the iPad 3 because that was bigger and heavier than the iPad 2 ... never felt ~quite~ right.

YES I HAVE BECOME ONE OF THOSE POSTERS/TROLLS, but hey, you know there's truth in what I say.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple PC shipments reach new high of 13.6% despite contracting global market