or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute

Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute - Page 2

post #41 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by xuselppa View Post
First of many reversals to occur, based on how bad US patent laws are and not just by Apple. In the last 5 years, the number of lawsuits initiated by "patent trolls" who bought up patents, but make no products and have a single intent to just sue for money has doubled and will triple if patent laws aren't better governed... soon.

I get it now. Slapppy's spores were a long-term thing. He was here, he sowed the seeds, and they hibernated for a few years before popping up in many different forms.

Either that or you're just LizSanford back again.

Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post
Every android phone is cheap in your eyes. If its not an iphone, its cheap in your mind. 

And in the minds of the telecoms who sell the things and who would know what is cheaper. Or do you contest that? 

I havent got a clue what you are talking about??? Slapppy's spores and LizSanford? What do these things or people have to do with patent reform that I mentioned? Or do all comments in this place have to be pro-Apple or fear being banned? If it is the later, then good bye.
post #42 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

Recent drop in AAPL has been mainly due to the concerns of 'yield' rate on key iOS devices, including the iPad mini and iPhone 5 shell.

AAPL dropped $10 today.  May be it is a reaction to another Samsung copycat galaxy nexus III mini announced today?

post #43 of 142
Quote:

Unlike you I don't worship Apple products. (All Hail Apple).

So, which is it?

You didn't catch schizophrenia from DaHarder, did you?

;-)
If you value privacy you can now set DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in iOS and OS X.
If you value privacy you can now set DuckDuckGo as your default search engine in iOS and OS X.
post #44 of 142

But high end android cost cost just as much, they just can't sell them at the cost that apple does, they don't have the demand. 

So… what's the takeaway from this, and why does it negate what you've said earlier?

Originally Posted by xuselppa View Post
I havent got a clue what you are talking about??? Slapppy's spores and LizSanford?

That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say.

Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post
AAPL dropped $10 today.  May be it is a reaction to another Samsung copycat galaxy nexus III mini announced today?

Could it also be partially because of the removal of a Samsung device from the earlier case?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #45 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

I think you and Nokia may not see eye to eye on this point...

I hope windows phones lets me decide my default apps, im sorry apple but i prefer evernote to your crappy notes app. Just stuff like that annoys me, notifications on ios so bad compared to android. 

2 things in looking to with wp8. They do a great job at integrating apps into hubs, so what would take 2-3 apps to do it does in one centralize app. the U.I looks interesting. But I heard the multitasking on wp8 is still as bad as wp7. 

post #46 of 142
Quote:

So… what's the takeaway from this, and why does it negate what you've said earlier?

you said apple sells phones at a higher cost. Great for apple, I don't own stock, as a customer why does that matter to me? What you said had no point. At least I gave a reason on why Apple sells phones at a higher cost than high end android phones. 

post #47 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

Its the galaxy S III mini

How did it copy Apple?

Why anyone would buy a low end phone like the S III mini over the iphone 5 is beyond me?

post #48 of 142
Quote:

That's exactly what I was hoping you'd say.

Could it also be partially because of the removal of a Samsung device from the earlier case?

Galaxy nexus is at the end of its life line, Nexus 4 will replace it soon. It barely sold anyways. 

post #49 of 142
Quote:

notifications on ios so bad compared to android. 

But didn't Apple 'steal' that from Android?

Will you be answering my previous question about you claiming I am delusional and how you seem to be very familiar with my innermost thoughts and beliefs shortly?

Is there an Android app to get this information? ;-)
post #50 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

AAPL has been dropping nearly every day for the last couple of weeks. Today's drop probably has little to do with the Nexus, or Samsung at all for that matter.

melior diabolus quem scies
post #51 of 142
you said apple sells phones at a higher cost.

Nope.

At least I gave a reason on why Apple sells phones at a higher cost than high end android phones. 

Given that they don't, which is the actual argument here, I'm still waiting for you to come to the inevitable conclusion.

Galaxy nexus is at the end of its life line, Nexus 4 will replace it soon. It barely sold anyways. 

And this is a good thing for Samsung in ANY way?

post #52 of 142
Quote:

But didn't Apple 'steal' that from Android?
Will you be answering my previous question about you claiming I am delusional and how you seem to be very familiar with my innermost thoughts and beliefs shortly?
Is there an Android app to get this information? ;-)

Apple stole that wrong, i wish they did a better job copying it. Android apps can connect to android notification system in ways ios apps dream of. 

post #53 of 142
Quote:

Nope.

Given that they don't, which is the actual argument here, I'm still waiting for you to come to the inevitable conclusion.

And this is a good thing for Samsung in ANY way?

given that they do, all you need to do is look up Apple's profit margin on the iphone to realize the sell their devices at a higher price to the telecoms than high android phones. Use the internet, its your friend.

Nexus devices are not money makers, they are basically the standard all android phones get built on. Samsung makes its money off of its flagships, SGS, II, III. And nexus get built by different oems. This year its LG. 

post #54 of 142
Quote:

Apple stole that wrong, i wish they did a better job copying it.

I'm sorry.

Could you confirm that statement:

Apple stole that wrong?

Do you mind if I get that printed on a t-shirt to show my friends?

I still appear to be waiting for you to back up some of your previous statements. Will you be providing some answers to my previous questions, or are you busy customising your widgets?
post #55 of 142
given that they do, all you need to do is look up Apple's profit margin on the iphone to realize the sell their devices at a higher price to the telecoms than high android phones. Use the internet, its your friend.

The two bolded phrases have nothing to do with one another and do not follow logically.

Additionally, the underlined phrase is wrong.

post #56 of 142
Quote:

I'm sorry.
Could you confirm that statement:
Apple stole that wrong?
Do you mind if I get that printed on a t-shirt to show my friends?
I still appear to be waiting for you to back up some of your previous statements. Will you be providing some answers to my previous questions, or are you busy customising your widgets?

They should of done a better job copying the key features of android notification, I would love android like notifications on my ios devices, android didnt invent the notification shade, they just took it to a different level. Apple's notification shade is so crappy it reminds me of samsungs crappy touchwiz skin when it tried to copy ios. Steal the right way, meaning improve the system, make it your own, or don't steal at all. Apple did a poor job. 

post #57 of 142
They should of done a better job copying the key features of android notification…

Do we have to pull out the pictures of Lisa OS again?

post #58 of 142
Quote:

The two bolded phrases have nothing to do with one another and do not follow logically.

Additionally, the underlined phrase is wrong.

sorry english is my 3rd language, like I said Apple sell their phones at a higher cost than high end andriod oems, that is why their profits are so high. 

Its basic math. 

Say apple makes the iphone for $200 and sells it for $600 to the telecoms. They make $400 profit. 

Now samsung makes its phone for $200 and sell it for $500 to the telecoms. they make $300 profit.

Apple can sell its device for a higher price because it has higher demand.

understand?

And Apple should do that, they have a valued brand, more money to them. 

post #59 of 142
Quote:

Steal the right way, meaning improve the system, make it your own, or don't steal at all.

Steal the right way?
post #60 of 142
Quote:

sorry english is my 3rd language

Ah!

That would explain your lack of logic and inability to reply to your own statements.
post #61 of 142
Quote:

Do we have to pull out the pictures of Lisa OS again?

Go ahead, not once did I say android created the notification shade. The just improved on it and made it their own. 

Well not in Apple land. Slide to unlock to Apple means no one else is allowed to touch their 

Not allowed. 

screen to unlock a phone. 

post #62 of 142
understand?

I understand the concept you're trying to push across, but it's fundamentally flawed because Apple's high end phones aren't more expensive than Android ones!

Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post
Go ahead, not once did I say android created the notification shade.

So… Apple DIDN'T steal it from them, then, because of Apple's prior designs in this field. Got it.

post #63 of 142
Quote:

Ah!
That would explain your lack of logic and inability to reply to your own statements.

I understand my statements clearly, you on the other hand, have said nothing of value. 

post #64 of 142
Quote:

I understand the concept you're trying to push across, but it's fundamentally flawed because Apple's high end phones aren't more expensive than Android ones!

So… Apple DIDN'T steal it from them, then, because of Apple's prior designs in this field. Got it.

Except that they are, but don't let facts and numbers get in your way. 

post #65 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

JR, I think #1 is close but not entirely accurate. At this stage Judge Koh would not be ruling that infringement has occurred. In a preliminary finding the injunction ruling would only require that it's likely Apple's patent is both valid and infringed, among some other requirements. Judge Koh never ruled that Samsung was infringing on Apple's IP in the case of the Nexus. That would come later during the trial phase.

Both good on-topic replies, thanks. So if the Galaxy Necus goes back on sale, can Apple claim more damages from the increased profit generated once we get to trial?

...Liver? WTF.
post #66 of 142
Quote:

AAPL has been dropping nearly every day for the last couple of weeks. Today's drop probably has little to do with the Nexus, or Samsung at all for that matter.
I'd love to know what exactly is driving the stock down so much. It's gone beyond correction territory now. I have a hard time believing it's all due to production issues with iPhone 5 or smaller iPad. It seems like there is a ton of FUD out there which is impacting the stock. I've seen so many anti apple articles the past month or so from Forbes, Marketwatch, Fortune, tech blogs etc its not even funny. And a lot of these articles that claim Apple isn't innovating fail to point out where others are (in a meaningful way).

Throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks or adding gimmicks that tech junkies will love but the average comsumer could care less about isn't real innovation to me. Lenovo is building every possible combination of touch screen/convertible laptops without any evidence it's what the customers want and the products will sell. And you've got Samsung doing gimmicky things like building a camera with android and a data plan. I mean seriously how many people are going to purchase a camera with a data plan? And then of course there is Nokia dinging Apple for being boring when Apple had colorful products long before the lumina was ever a product for sale. So now the tech press considers colored plastic to be innovative? Did they think that way when the first iMacs came out? Or the first colored iPods?

It bugs me to know end that Apple gets knocked for being thoughtful about what it brings to the market rather than creating a bunch of shit and hoping some of it sells. Just having lots of products does not equal innovation.
post #67 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

But the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled on Thursday that the district court in California "abused its discretion" when it barred sales of the Galaxy Nexus.

I may have been confused with other cases, but was that the the Federal Appeal court had sent the case back to Koh to reconsider PI?

post #68 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

I may have been confused with other cases, but was that the the Federal Appeal court had sent the case back to Koh to reconsider PI?

that was the samsung galaxy tab 10.1

post #69 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

It's related to that case, but Koh took it on herself to go with Apple add the Nexus to it. 

post #70 of 142
Quote:

I understand my statements clearly, you on the other hand, have said nothing of value. 

I'm glad to hear that you understand yourself. That's reassuring.

How have I said nothing of value?

You have actually taught me a lot:

1. You hate software patents.
2. People who have a differing opinion are delusional, but you're not sure why.
3. Android has the same apps. They just aren't good looking and don't have pretty colours.
4. Android tablets lack apps and are butt ugly.
5. You don't worship Apple products, but you do like to hail them.
6. High end Android don't have the same demand as Apple.
7. Apple stole notifications 'wrong'.
8. You need to steal the right way, or don't steal at all.
9. There is a place called Appleland!
post #71 of 142
Except that they are, but don't let facts and numbers get in your way. 

… So show it.

post #72 of 142
Quote:

Your opinion, I find the software to be much more advance than ios 6, love the on screen buttons, its large but not too large, curved screen is awesome. Its not cheap. Every android phone is cheap in your eyes. If its not an iphone, its cheap in your mind. 

I'm sure it isn't cheap but it's not a secret that compared to an Apple product it could be conceived as cheap. 

My opinion on software is it isn't any more or any less advanced.  I think iOS is much smoother (even with project butter) and for me, for example, just because you can change a inferior stock keyboard to another inferior keyboard does not make Android worth it.  I make way more mistakes on my Android keyboard than I ever did with the iPhone I had.  That includes stock HTC keyboard, Stock Jelly Bean keyboard, and a couple from the Google Play with the swype feature which is garbage.  

The customizable argument that most use is laughable when with customization comes obvious glitches.  Custom Roms are more glitchy with features on the phone that no longer work.  My video camera capabilities don't work and the phone is constantly doing weird things, so tell me why it's worth it.  I'm going back to original Rom ASAP.  I only changed to Cyanogenmod for Google Now on Jelly Bean and let me tell you how absolutely horrid it is.  I've never used Siri much so if Google Now is better than Siri than Siri sucks even worse and I no longer wish I could have it.  All Google Now ever does is a Google Search result and mispells everything I ask it.  

I hate the on screen buttons.  If you deny this I know your lieing because the problem I have when ever I reach to tap on the upper part of the screen my palm areas hit the on screen buttons.  In the end not a big deal but it's the downfall of the on screen buttons, especially since they are touch sensitive.  It happens very often in all types of situations no matter how you grip the phone one handed or two handed.  They are just easy to trigger. 

I'll take a smaller phone with a smaller screen any day.  My daily use of my iPhone in the past and my current phone with a 3.7" screen never has had me envious of someone holding a phone that, once you add a case, looks like what Zach Morris's phone from Saved by the Bell would look like in modern times.  Yesterday at work I saw a female coworker of mine with a GS3 in the lunch room look so uncomfortable trying to use the phone without setting it down and that is while she is unoccupied with anything else.  Can't even imagine trying to do something on the phone while driving (Yes I know your not suppose to use it while driving but lets be realistic, it happens).  Oh and before any one says you don't need a case because it's made of plastic, well I say even without a case it's too big.  Can't really comment on a curved screen as my Screens have always been flat.  In fact I can say I prefer a flat screen as opposed to our Old ass TV with a bubblous curve.  Just don't know how the flat or curved screens translate to phones. 

post #73 of 142
Quote:

… So show it.

Go to HTC website or do a google search for HTC one x unlock price. 

Do the same for samsung GSIII on samsung website or google search

The do it for the iphone 5. 

Use this little thing called math, and just like magic you will see Apple sells its phones at a higher price. 

Facts and math are wonderful. 

post #74 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:

I'd love to know what exactly is driving the stock down so much. It's gone beyond correction territory now. I have a hard time believing it's all due to production issues with iPhone 5 or smaller iPad. It seems like there is a ton of FUD out there which is impacting the stock. I've seen so many anti apple articles the past month or so from Forbes, Marketwatch, Fortune, tech blogs etc its not even funny. And a lot of these articles that claim Apple isn't innovating fail to point out where others are (in a meaningful way).

I think it's probably larger investors seeing the poor execution on the iPhone release and inferring that Apple just isn't as good an investment without Jobs in charge.

post #75 of 142
Go to HTC website or do a google search for HTC one x unlock price. Do the same for samsung GSIII on samsung website or google search

No, no, no. Brand new phones only, please.

post #76 of 142
Quote:

You need to answer the question.  Why Samsung need to announce SIII mini a few weeks after iPhone 5? 

post #77 of 142
Quote:

I'm glad to hear that you understand yourself. That's reassuring.

How have I said nothing of value?

You have actually taught me a lot:

1. You hate software patents.
2. People who have a differing opinion are delusional, but you're not sure why.
3. Android has the same apps. They just aren't good looking and don't have pretty colours.
4. Android tablets lack apps and are butt ugly.
5. You don't worship Apple products, but you do like to hail them.
6. High end Android don't have the same demand as Apple.
7. Apple stole notifications 'wrong'.
8. You need to steal the right way, or don't steal at all.
9. There is a place called Appleland!

1. No such things as software patents just patents. That is the problem I have with them. They are treated just like any other patents and they should not. Cost to build and time is too low to be considered in the same range as other patents. I hope we finally do get software patents with its own rules. ie no 20 year protection. 

2. Difference between differing opinions and blind devotion.

3. Yes ios apps a much sexier. Cnn app on android is as functional on android as it is on ios, but the ios one looks better.

4. Yes

5. When I said All hail Apple I was making fun of you. 

6. Yes that is why iphone kills every single android device when it comes to sells.

7. Yes should of added functionality and made it better, they made it a much much crappier version.

8. Yes, this is what happens in the tech industry, google took maps and search and made it better, apple took the app mobile ecosystem and made it much better ect...

9. Yes in the minds of fanboys like you. Where if its not made by the APPLE overlords, its not worthy. 

post #78 of 142
Quote:

Great should not have been banned to begin with. I love my Galaxy Nexus!!!

Im glad google has figured out a way to get pass, slide to unlock, pinch to zoom, and universal search on a mobile device, rubber banding on android. 

I have no idea if double tap, and hyperlink whatever link system apple has "patented" has been worked through yet. 

I hate software patents. 

What do you think about the LG Nexus design?  I think the current Galaxy Nexus design is near perfect and I would not want it changed.  

I love the slightly curved front design of Galaxy Nexus.  It comfortably fits well in my pocket.  I even like a little bump at the back bottom, I have my way of holding it and I am quite enjoying it.

One minor thing.  I dont know if you have noticed, if you place GN on your desk 50cm infront of you and phone front facing upward, music sound is really great.  The difference may not be much but it is like your desk becomes a part of its speaker.  The reason, I think, is that the speaker at the back is not fully covered by the desk and in fact the speaker volume reflects, by the desk, toward me making sound louder and crisper.  It may an unintended effect, but I am really enjoying it.

post #79 of 142
Quote:

No, no, no. Brand new phones only, please.

Well those are the high end phones that samsung and HTC have put out. Its always going to be like this since the releases are months apart. 

post #80 of 142

9. Yes in the minds of fanboys like you. Where if its not made by the APPLE overlords, its not worthy. 

These people exist, but I wouldn't call hill60 one.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute