or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute

Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute - Page 3

post #81 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjb View Post

What do you think about the LG Nexus design?  I think the current Galaxy Nexus design is near perfect and I would not want it changed.  

I love the slightly curved front design of Galaxy Nexus.  It comfortably fits well in my pocket.  I even like a little bump at the back bottom, I have my way of holding it and I am quite enjoying it.

One minor thing.  I dont know if you have noticed, if you place GN on your desk 50cm infront of you and phone front facing upward, music sound is really great.  The difference may not be much but it is like your desk becomes a part of its speaker.  The reason, I think, is that the speaker at the back is not fully covered by the desk and in fact the speaker volume reflects, by the desk, toward me making sound louder and crisper.  It may an unintended effect, but I am really enjoying it.

I welcome the better screen quality, the beast quad core S4, 2gb of ram, better cam. We will see. My dream phone is an htc one x running pure jelly. Or an Iphone 5 with a 4.3 inch screen running 4.1. I would do things to that phone. 

post #82 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post

They should of done a better job copying the key features of android notification, I would love android like notifications on my ios devices, android didnt invent the notification shade, they just took it to a different level. Apple's notification shade is so crappy it reminds me of samsungs crappy touchwiz skin when it tried to copy ios. Steal the right way, meaning improve the system, make it your own, or don't steal at all. Apple did a poor job. 

Huh?  What exactly are key features of Android notifications?  I think I can answer that for you, to provide the user with notifications.  hmm all this time I thought Apple's notification did just that but I was sadly mistaken since Apple did not steal the key feature. 

Oh and with your logic why was Android made.  Maybe today with Android 4.0 and 4.1 you can say it's a closer battle with iOS but for years Android, a rip off of iOS was craptastic so why was it made?  Why did they steal the main concept?  They should've stuck to ripping off RIM and not 100% change in direction as soon as iPhone was shown to them. 

post #83 of 142
Quote:

1. No such things as software patents just patents. That is the problem I have with them. They are treated just like any other patents and they should not. Cost to build and time is too low to be considered in the same range as other patents. I hope we finally do get software patents with its own rules. ie no 20 year protection. 
2. Difference between differing opinions and blind devotion.
3. Yes ios apps a much sexier. Cnn app on android is as functional on android as it is on ios, but the ios one looks better.
4. Yes
5. When I said All hail Apple I was making fun of you. 
6. Yes that is why iphone kills every single android device when it comes to sells.
7. Yes should of added functionality and made it better, they made it a much much crappier version.
8. Yes, this is what happens in the tech industry, google took maps and search and made it better, apple took the app mobile ecosystem and made it much better ect...
9. Yes in the minds of fanboys like you. Where if its not made by the APPLE overlords, its not worthy. 

You do realise you just replied to me quoting your own posts, don't you?

You're not going to start arguing with yourself soon, are you?

post #84 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

You do realise you just replied to me quoting your own posts, don't you?

You're not going to start arguing with yourself soon, are you?

I was expanding on the statements I made, you got some wrong, and some right. I explained the views on patents more ect.

post #85 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

You need to answer the question.  Why Samsung need to announce SIII mini a few weeks after iPhone 5? 

I have no idea. Samsung apparently thinks it can sell enough of them to make the investment worthwhile?

melior diabolus quem scies
post #86 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

You need to answer the question.  Why Samsung need to announce SIII mini a few weeks after iPhone 5? 

Well, that maybe their way of calling BS to Apple.  Apple calling 4inch 'BIG', but we call it 'mini'.

post #87 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivanile View Post

Huh?  What exactly are key features of Android notifications?  I think I can answer that for you, to provide the user with notifications.  hmm all this time I thought Apple's notification did just that but I was sadly mistaken since Apple did not steal the key feature. 

Oh and with your logic why was Android made.  Maybe today with Android 4.0 and 4.1 you can say it's a closer battle with iOS but for years Android, a rip off of iOS was craptastic so why was it made?  Why did they steal the main concept?  They should've stuck to ripping off RIM and not 100% change in direction as soon as iPhone was shown to them.

One thing that is just useless on is when im in the middle of something ios notifications still feel the need to interupt me by showing up on that little section on the top on the screen. Yes its not popping up on the middle of the screen like it used to, but its still vastly inferior to the way android does it. A lil icon pops up at the top of the screen. and stays there. I don't have to pull down the shade to know I have a notification on android.

post #88 of 142
Quote:

I was expanding on the statements I made, you got some wrong, and some right. I explained the views on patents more ect.

I was quoting you verbatim. How could I get some wrong?

Would you like to go back and read what you originally posted to confirm that?
post #89 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, no, no. Brand new phones only, please.

Those phones are less than a year old. How much was the full retail price of a 4S pre iphone 5 release?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #90 of 142
Quote:

I was quoting you verbatim. How could I get some wrong?
Would you like to go back and read what you originally posted to confirm that?

Well there is this thing called context. And some things need to be expanded on, because the reader was too dumb to understand. 

I kid, I kid. 

I felt the need to explain myself more so you could better understand where I'm coming from. Maybe I could snap you back from appleland to reality. I failed you. Im sorry :(

post #91 of 142

samsung releases 4 inch phones every year this has nothing to do with apple. 

post #92 of 142
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Those phones are less than a year old. How much was the full retail price of a 4S pre iphone 5 release?

And yet they're already free or $50 on contract. 

Originally Posted by Techstalker View Post
samsung releases 4 inch phones every year this has nothing to do with apple. 

I guess if you mean 4" in the sense that the case is a minimum of 4" long… 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

post #93 of 142
Quote:

One thing that is just useless on is when im in the middle of something ios notifications still feel the need to interupt me by showing up on that little section on the top on the screen. Yes its not popping up on the middle of the screen like it used to, but its still vastly inferior to the way android does it. A lil icon pops up at the top of the screen. and stays there. I don't have to pull down the shade to know I have a notification on android.

Ok I see what your saying.  I'll tell you something I hate about Androids implementations of Notifications.  Let's say you get a new message and you get a notification and swipe it away from your notifications without reading it.  There is no badge on the Text Icon like you get with iOS.  That goes with most of the apps.  I'm not saying Android should copy that idea but often I've accidentally swiped away the wrong notification because you get one for every little thing your phone does and I forgot to check the message only for hours to go by without realizing it.  I personally don't mind the Apple way since it is less obtrusive now without the popup in the middle of the window. 

post #94 of 142
Quote:

Well there is this thing called context. And some things need to be expanded on, because the reader was too dumb to understand. 

I kid, I kid. 

I felt the need to explain myself more so you could better understand where I'm coming from. Maybe I could snap you back from appleland to reality. I failed you. Im sorry :(

It is interesting to see that in post 59 you use the excuse of English not being your first language but when somebody quotes your own posts back at you suddenly it's them being dumb.

How can that be?

Are you able to elaborate on your previous quote of those of differing opinions being delusional?

If you can't, just feel free to ignore this point, as I realise it may be a little difficult to support.

Also, why do you condone stealing?

post #95 of 142
Quote:

another one of your useless post that make no point or add anything of value. Yes samsung makes many low end android phones that are 4 inches and less each year, but again facts dont let them get in your way. 

Android phones also lose their value faster than the iphone due to android having so many flagship android phones. One is released every 2-3 months. 

Look I made a point. try it. 

post #96 of 142
Quote:

It is interesting to see that in post 59 you use the excuse of English not being your first language but when somebody quotes your own posts back at you suddenly it's them being dumb.

How can that be?

Are you able to elaborate on your previous quote of those of differing opinions being delusional?

If you can't, just feel free to ignore this point, as I realise it may be a little difficult to support.

Also, why do you condone stealing?

Stealing is what makes the etch industry.

Steve Jobs had a famous quote about stealing and copying. 

Stealing is the sense, company A sees company B do something. Company A goes. "wow that is great" okay lets built off that idea and make it our own. 

He used my quote to show me, my grammar was incorrect, which it is sometimes, im improving. 

post #97 of 142
Quote:

Android phones also lose their value faster than the iphone due to android having so many flagship android phones. One is released every 2-3 months. 

Android Flagship:

post #98 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivanile View Post

Ok I see what your saying.  I'll tell you something I hate about Androids implementations of Notifications.  Let's say you get a new message and you get a notification and swipe it away from your notifications without reading it.  There is no badge on the Text Icon like you get with iOS.  That goes with most of the apps.  I'm not saying Android should copy that idea but often I've accidentally swiped away the wrong notification because you get one for every little thing your phone does and I forgot to check the message only for hours to go by without realizing it.  I personally don't mind the Apple way since it is less obtrusive now without the popup in the middle of the window. 

one thing I like about ios notifications is the lock screen. With Jelly bean I just fell android has moved that much further along with not action being able to be taken in the notification shade. 

post #99 of 142
Quote:

Android Flagship:

So funny. 

But its not. 

Funny that is. 

You should try the HTC one x. Nevermind its cheap and useless compared to the iphone. 

post #100 of 142
Quote:

I had that same exact phone back in the day,  Me and my Brother had one.  I use to think how can they ever top this. haha.

post #101 of 142
Quote:

Answer the question.
post #102 of 142
Quote:

Whats with your obsession on size? O_o

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

"Like I said before, share price will dip into the $400."  - 11/21/12 by Galbi

post #103 of 142
Quote:

I hope windows phones lets me decide my default apps, im sorry apple but i prefer evernote to your crappy notes app. Just stuff like that annoys me, notifications on ios so bad compared to android. 

2 things in looking to with wp8. They do a great job at integrating apps into hubs, so what would take 2-3 apps to do it does in one centralize app. the U.I looks interesting. But I heard the multitasking on wp8 is still as bad as wp7. 

I use an iPhone 4 (and a Gnex too) and I am still waiting for more widgets for the iOS notification bar. Weather and Stocks....lovely. How about adding widgets that let us avoid going to settings every time we want to turn off wifi or activate airplane mode....etc etc. 

post #104 of 142

This thread is veering so far afield now, perhaps this can get things back on-topic. 

Hardly noticed in the Appeals Court order reversing the injunction is another notice to Judge Koh. They note they disagree with her reasoning in accepting Apple's claims in the '604 "unified search" patent. According to them what Apple is trying toconvince the court it says doesn't jive with what the patent really says. As such they don't find a  likelihood that Apple will be successful with an infringement claim using that patent against the Nexus. 

post #105 of 142
Quote:

Stealing is what makes the etch industry.

Steve Jobs had a famous quote about stealing and copying. 

Stealing is the sense, company A sees company B do something. Company A goes. "wow that is great" okay lets built off that idea and make it our own. 

He used my quote to show me, my grammar was incorrect, which it is sometimes, im improving. 

What exactly is the 'etch industry'?

Steve Jobs had a famous quote about stealing but, according to you:

"Well there is this thing called context.".

Post 91.

post #106 of 142

Well, you SEE my point at least. That you don't acknowledge it to be my point and don't see any of the implications of it is another matter, but at least you're learning.

Answer the question.

What question?

Originally Posted by Galbi View Post
Whats with your obsession on size? O_o

How is this a question that you can ask while remaining within the context of the discussion, and how is it a question you can ask me when it should be asked of Android manufacturers?

What exactly is the 'etch industry'?

Not his first language. Let's not do cheap jabs at proofreading.

post #107 of 142

Quote:

Not a jab.

I'm actually unsure what he is referring to here and attempting to clarify.

post #108 of 142
Not a jab.

I'm actually unsure what he is referring to here and attempting to clarify.

Tech industry. I don't think we're on the subject of scuffgate. lol.gif

post #109 of 142
Quote:

Thank you for finally moderating.

post #110 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

This thread is veering so far afield now, perhaps this can get things back on-topic. 

well that plainly didn't work. . .

post #111 of 142
Quote:

Well, you SEE my point at least. That you don't acknowledge it to be my point and don't see any of the implications of it is another matter, but at least you're learning.

What question?

How is this a question that you can ask while remaining within the context of the discussion, and how is it a question you can ask me when it should be asked of Android manufacturers?

The question you dodged. Look to my previous posts.
post #112 of 142
The question you dodged. Look to my previous posts.

Okay, and? I "dodged" it (ignored it) because it isn't valid. When the Note 2 comes out, we can compare its price unlocked to the iPhone's.

post #113 of 142
Quote:

Apple has the highest profit margin in the industry.

Microsoft's profit margins are higher.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #114 of 142
Quote:

Okay, and? I "dodged" it (ignored it) because it isn't valid. When the Note 2 comes out, we can compare its price unlocked to the iPhone's.

It was plenty valid. You claimed the SGS lll and HTC One X were old, but they were not as old as the iPhone 4S. What was the full retail price of each before the iPhone 5 was released? My question had nothing to do with the Note 2.
post #115 of 142
Quote:

No, no, no. Brand new phones only, please.

So when do phones stop being brand new? Just so you know the One X and SGS lll retail for $499 and did so a month ago when the iPhone 4S was still $649. So explain to me how Apple doesn't sell phones for more.
post #116 of 142
Quote:

another one of your useless post that make no point or add anything of value. Yes samsung makes many low end android phones that are 4 inches and less each year, but again facts dont let them get in your way. 

So which flagship Android phones have launched since the Galaxy S III and HTC One X?

/crickets chirp

post #117 of 142
Quote:

Tech industry. I don't think we're on the subject of scuffgate. lol.gif

'etch a sketch, a possible reference to prior art in tablets?

post #118 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

So which flagship Android phones have launched since the Galaxy S III and HTC One X?

/crickets chirp

The Moto RAZR MAXX HD. Crickets gone now.
post #119 of 142
Quote:

So when do phones stop being brand new? Just so you know the One X and SGS lll retail for $499 and did so a month ago when the iPhone 4S was still $649. So explain to me how Apple doesn't sell phones for more.

Which models are you comparing?

In Australian $ the Galaxy SIII RRP is $749, the iPhone 5 is $784 for the 16GB models and $829 vs $899 for the 32GB models.

Aha the 64GB model is over $1000, proof that Apple is dearer.

HTC has been forced to drop the price of the 32GB One X to $549 after sales fell off a cliff in response to Samsung steamrolling them with marketing or maybe it's the non-removable battery and no MicroSD support which are apparently an essential part of Android.

post #120 of 142
Quote:

The Moto RAZR MAXX HD. Crickets gone now.

Not in Australia, or apparently Germany.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Appeals court reverses ban on Samsung Galaxy Nexus in Apple patent dispute