or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS 6 Maps, Lightning connector have no effect on iPhone 5 demand, survey finds

iOS 6 Maps, Lightning connector have no effect on iPhone 5 demand, survey finds - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw3227 View Post

I love the Lightning connector. I hated the old 30-pin one, which was a pain to orient properly. I'm completely mystified by those who complain about what to me is a clear improvement.

I agree 100%. As someone who recently switched from Android to iPhone 5, the lightning connector is such a massive improvement in usability it's actually kind of hilarious. For folks who have been a long time Apple customer and have multiple gadgets they wished to grandfather in, that's tough luck. That's just the price you pay in the technology world where some stuff will be rendered obsolete. The lightning connector is so much better in terms of plugging your iPhone in. I can't be the only one at night in bed who plugs their iPhone into the charger in the dark. Rather than hassling and twisting and finding the right way, it's a simple plug and snap. Done. One of the underrated changes in the iPhone in my opinion.

post #82 of 83
Nice survey. Nearly a month out, I'm unimpressed with the problems. Apple needed to ditch the connector, and the maps. It hurts a little if you were using Google's maps as your primary navigation, but I never did.

Good move Apple! You made the move at a point where your overall public persona is good enough to take a little criticism with minimal impact on the brand.

My contract on my iPhone 4 is up this month, and I WILL be buying the "5" and taking my Garmin USA/Can maps with me to the new phone. I will buy a 30 pin > "Lightning" adapter to carry for my much loved InCase, all-in-one car & and wall charger, and I have enough "legacy ipod devices around the house to use all the old 30 pin docks with. This new connector is a non-issue, a make-believe news item, and the "maps," meeeh, it's the price of change. Get over it. The bigger issue is whether your husband (or wife) drinks straight out of the milk carton, sans cup.

I've spent enough time with the "5" to appreciate the differences in performance it offers over my 4, and want the 64 gig over my present 32 which I've outgrown.
post #83 of 83

I bought an iPhone 5.  I don't care about Map issue knowing that it will get better over time.  I am a little upset over the support logistics for new phone.  Customers want to buy accessories like case, cable right away.  Nothing can be found at the Apple Stores.  Secondly, the lightning connector is a change for the better.  However, I don't like the way that Apple want to completely control even the accessories market as well.  We all know that in a mutually respected relationship between friends, you win some and you lose some.  In this Apple, it is all Apple.  It makes the money on the phone.  Now they want to squeeze the last drop from the customers by charging $30 for a cable.  This is not a good way to build loyalty from your customer base. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • iOS 6 Maps, Lightning connector have no effect on iPhone 5 demand, survey finds
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS 6 Maps, Lightning connector have no effect on iPhone 5 demand, survey finds