or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumored 'iPad mini' event to focus on iBooks, report says

Rumored 'iPad mini' event to focus on iBooks, report says - Page 4

post #121 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's what you think is EQUAL TO the iPhone 5 display?!

I think there's a lot of arguing over a few very good displays that I don't see actual users complaining about. The recent HTC OneX, Samsung S3, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5, and  Moto Razr HD all get high marks for display quality if you look at user reviews. Even techie sites like Anandtech don't badmouth any of those. I don't think most users of those include the display in their list of device complaints.

Personally I see a bit too much spec-tossing being used to prove one is better than another for everyday users. Just my 2 cents. 

melior diabolus quem scies
post #122 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I think there's a lot of arguing over a few very good displays that I don't see actual users complaining about. The recent HTC OneX, Samsung S3, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 5, and  Moto Razr HD all get high marks for display quality if you look at user reviews. Even techie sites like Anandtech don't badmouth any of those. I don't think most users of those include the display in their list of device complaints.

Personally I see a bit too much spec-tossing being used to prove one is better than another for everyday users. Just my 2 cents. 

The comment wasn't that thy are good enough, it was specify about being equal to or superior. And in this case about 163 PPI display not being good enough for a budget iPad.

Note, I've made more than a few positive comments about PenTile being a clever low cost and low power option.

As for bad mouthing other products we see a lot of non-Apple products getting a pass on clearly inferior features and user experience for what can only be described as a pity review while any slight on an Ape product becomes a major issue. Lens flare? Seriously? We're now suppose to believe that never existed before the iPhone 5?

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #123 of 125
Quote:

The comment wasn't that thy are good enough, it was specify about being equal to or superior. And in this case about 163 PPI display not being good enough for a budget iPad.

I've no doubt that Apple has taken price point, component costs, acceptable profit margin, target market and user experience into account, and the new iPad mini will reflect that. 

*I've got a marketing piece to work on in the morning, so I'm just getting in the mindset. :)

post #124 of 125
Quote:

There is noting about the iPad mini rumours that are geared toward it being "more" than the iPad (3) in any way. I know we all want Apple to release something groundbreaking every day but they simply can't. Sometimes it's about releasing something smaller, cheaper, and simpler to capture the lower end of the market once the tech and saturation make it viable. As previously noted, we've seen them do this with the iPod line up.

Yes, yes & yes!

I have no idea why Rogifan and others are so passionate about the iPad Mini having to be a ground-breaking superior device...to a point where it just doesn't make good business sense.

Let's be clear, the iPad Mini WILL BE better than the Nexus 7 & Kindle Fire.  It will be priced just more than Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire to upsell that market and to prevent substantial traction of competitors.  It won't be as good as the iPad 3 (base specs, anyway).

But in the view of Apple, Apple marketing, and the general consumer, the iPad Mini will be "superior" than the competition (at the same size/price points).

post #125 of 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Trust Spam to think of this. You're a genius, on par with the likes of... me :P

What handheld device I'd love from Apple more than anything is an e-ink reader.

:D

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing what Apple could do with some kind of e-ink product.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumored 'iPad mini' event to focus on iBooks, report says