or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Saving articles in web to read offline

Saving articles in web to read offline

post #1 of 7

I have recently returned from a trip where accessing wi fi was incredibly expensive. What is the best way to save an article or a web page and read it online? I have an iPad 1.

Also if I use the RSS on Safari can read articles offline?

Many thanks for advice.

wminot

post #2 of 7
Originally Posted by wminot View Post
I have recently returned from a trip where accessing wi fi was incredibly expensive. What is the best way to save an article or a web page and read it online? I have an iPad 1.

Reading List, right? Or is that only on Mountain Lion and iOS 6 that it actually saves the pages?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #3 of 7

I made a mistake. I want to save and download articles while I'm online, to read off line, and save wi fi costs when travelling and being charged a lot of money for web access.

post #4 of 7
I made a mistake. I want to save and download articles while I'm online, to read off line, and save wi fi costs when travelling and being charged a lot of money for web access.

Right. Reading List does this, but I don't remember if it will on your iPad.

post #5 of 7

Alas it doesn't. Any other suggestions? TYA

post #6 of 7
Alas it doesn't. Any other suggestions? TYA

Instapaper, then.

post #7 of 7

Thank you!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Saving articles in web to read offline