or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Guesstimate price of new 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display?

Guesstimate price of new 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display?

post #1 of 6

My first post after JUST joining. Hello to all and thanks for allowing me to join AppleInsider. I am undecided which to purchase soon: MacBook Pro Retina Display.... 13" or 15". I am dumping my DELL desktop and going all Apple. I have only the 4th gen iPOD Touch. Any comments would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

post #2 of 6

$1,599.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply and others who might offer their comments!

post #4 of 6

Price is $1300 dollars for the least expensive model in their lineup.

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Price is $1300 dollars for the least expensive model in their lineup.

It's being quoted at $1700 for the base 13" Pro Retina model at some "other" site.1wink.gif

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy 
It's being quoted at $1700 for the base 13" Pro Retina model at some "other" site.1wink.gif

That would be a bit disappointing. There is a $400 difference on the 15" so $1199 + 400 = $1599. It will probably need a dedicated GPU on top but the display should be a little cheaper. I was hoping for $1499 but at $1699, it means it won't cannibalise the $1499 Macbook Air quite so much.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › Guesstimate price of new 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display?