post #1 of 1

Some of you may follow British politics and for those that do, I'd be interested in your thoughts. I know I'll disagree with the anti-austerity people, found on the left, if you want to talk about it please do, but I'm unconvinced by those positions. It's complex for sure, but I'm not voting for those that won't at least try to push the limits, especially when political correctness enters the equation. 

I find it quite hard, because green issues and others, are still very important to me and the Conservatives deserve a C- on that, but the way I'm seeing things, is the that the Conservatives are now the party that most closely reflect my views. That's a major change, and something I definitely did not see coming, though I've been frustrated for some time at the left in the US for numerous reasons, and even more so here in the UK, where European integration plays a major role. 

I was always a Labour person, and to be quite frank, have held back telling some important people in my life about the transition to the Conservatives, because a) I've told them how angry I am with some some of their policies and b) I don't want them them to hate me. That might sound pathetic, and maybe it is, but their good friends. Some people I know are Conservatives, and well, we agree on a lot of things. More and more in fact.

Your thoughts?

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama