or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Image allegedly shows 9.7-inch iPad with Lightning port
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rumor: Image allegedly shows 9.7-inch iPad with Lightning port - Page 3

post #81 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

And? So what? Look at Apple's product lines.

 

The iPhone does not have any smaller models. It sells last year's model cheaper.

The iPod does not have any older models. It sells smaller models cheaper.

 

Why would the iPad have both? 

 

 

The iPhone is not the iPad.  The iPhone is not the iPod.  The iPad is not the iPod.  The iPod touch is not the iPod nano.  The iPod nano is not the iPod shuffle.  The iPad is not the iPad mini...  Please stop thinking like Microsoft users with no creativity and no understanding of people in general.

 

The iPhone 4, 4S, and 5 are all iPhones.  They provide different value at different price points (they are like differently spec-ed iPhones).  It is my opinion that Apple will keep this strategy for the full-sized iPad.  Also, Apple owns the equipment that produces these products.  These machineries typically last 2 to 3 years, and Apple does not want to just throw them out when there is a new design.  Please refer to Horace Dediu on this.

 

At the same time, the iPad mini is designed to target a different audience and/or different usage pattern.  So it's like the iPod vs. iPod mini (back then).  A different product line within the category.

post #82 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Whether there's any connection, a few blogs are now reporting a Nexus10, meaning a 10" tablet, is being revealed at a previously-announced Google event on the 29th. Said to be introducing a particularly his-res 16:10 display at 2560x1600 or approx. 300ppi (for reference the iPad is 264), it was co-developed by Google and Samsung according to the reports. Like the Nexus7 it will also be sold directly on GooglePlay along with other retailers.

 

http://thenextweb.com/google/2012/10/21/revealed-everything-that-google-will-announce-at-its-android-event-on-october-29/?utm_source=Twitter&awesm=tnw.to_c6KI&utm_ca

 

Another example of how competition pushes all the players to up their game.

 

 

It seems that Samsung has become an expert in scheduling products "around" Apple.

 

Samsung released the S3 about 6 months after the iPhone 4S, and now the so-called Nexus 10 6 months after the new iPad.

post #83 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post


It seems that Samsung has become an expert in scheduling products "around" Apple.

Samsung released the S3 about 6 months after the iPhone 4S, and now the so-called Nexus 10 6 months after the new iPad.

And in turn is besting Moto and HTC with that schedule.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #84 of 86
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
The iPhone is not the iPad.  The iPhone is not the iPod.  The iPad is not the iPod.  The iPod touch is not the iPod nano.  The iPod nano is not the iPod shuffle.  The iPad is not the iPad mini...  Please stop thinking like Microsoft users with no creativity and no understanding of people in general.

 

Yes, because Apple has never done similar things across different lines of product. They certainly don't put a bunch of different products under the same banner and run them with the same thoughts and ideas in mind. And hey, Apple absolutely cannot do something with a new product that they have done with an older, ludicrously similar product at any point in the past. This cannot happen.

 

¡

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #85 of 86
I remember hearing about the heat problem in the iPad (3) being about a second LED strip used in back lighting and that they were going to be doing something about that. That mixed with the new Lightning connector and the iPad being the last device (other than the classic and AppleTV) that use the 30 pin connector, seems like a good time for a mid-cycle upgrade.
post #86 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Yes, because Apple has never done similar things across different lines of product. They certainly don't put a bunch of different products under the same banner and run them with the same thoughts and ideas in mind. And hey, Apple absolutely cannot do something with a new product that they have done with an older, ludicrously similar product at any point in the past. This cannot happen.

 

 

Yeah, I get your sarcasm, and I'm sorry for skipping your big "i" or Spanish exclamation mark in the quote.  It takes up too much space.

 

Before rebutting people's ideas, could you first read others' messages more carefully and think deeply?

 

If you need parallels, the full-sized iPad line will be marketed like the iPod touch now.  Last year's model will still be available.  Customers see the 5th gen iPod touch and 4th gen iPod touch as differently spec-ed devices at different price points.  At the same time, you have the iPod nano.  The difference between the touch and nano is not in the specs.  It's in the usage pattern in general.  Same thing with the iPad mini.

 

5th gen iPod touch = iPad 3

4th gen iPod touch = iPad 2

iPod nano = iPad mini

 

I hope my logic is clear.  I'm trying to explain why I think you are wrong in that Apple will drop the iPad 2.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Image allegedly shows 9.7-inch iPad with Lightning port