or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 'iPad mini' event will be streamed live to Apple TV, Mac & iOS devices

'iPad mini' event will be streamed live to Apple TV, Mac & iOS devices - Page 2

post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

I don't see the need to restrict this for Mac only on the website. That's stupid.

They didn't.  You can watch on a Mac, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or AppleTV.  i.e. all of the devices apple's latest technology can be at both ends of the connection.

Am I reading too much into it to think they much think this is a pretty big event to pick it to bring back the live streaming

post #42 of 66

Unfortunately this is because Apple uses HTTP live streaming which is not available on all browsers.

post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

It's currently 1:46 AM in Australia. Apple Store being updated (in multiple languages).
Will have to see my shiny new iMac in the morning...
http://store.apple.com/au

Just after midnight for me in Japan...  Will try to emulate my far younger self of years past and pull an all-nighter to watch live.  Will probably wake up with popcorn all over the floor...

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #44 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Just after midnight for me in Japan...  Will try to emulate my far younger self of years past and pull an all-nighter to watch live.  Will probably wake up with popcorn all over the floor...

I did that to watch the landing on the moon. Some things are way cooler in the early hours with popcorn! Enjoy! 1cool.gif
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #45 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

As long as you don't get too excited, and it's only popcorn, no harm, I guess....lol.gif

post #46 of 66

Great news!

It's been a long, long time since I've been able to watch an Apple event live! When was the last time, like a decade ago or something?

And to those people whining about this only working on Apple devices, too freakin' bad! lol.gif We can't have trolls from all over the world clogging up Apple's precious server bandwidth. I've said this before, but if it were up to me, this forum would only be able to be accessed by people with Apple devices. That would certainly cut down on the Fandroids and other infiltrators that come here.

One hour to go! Even with all of the leaks, I'm hoping that Apple will be able to surprise me.1smoking.gif

post #47 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

And to those people whining about this only working on Apple devices, too freakin' bad! lol.gif We can't have trolls from all over the world clogging up Apple's precious server bandwidth. 

I hope it works better than last time. I remember that it stalled repeatedly and then jumped back to the beginning without any video controls. I was finally able to get it back to live status by refreshing the page but it was less than seamless for me and a number of others made comment that they experienced the same issue. That was a couple years ago so perhaps it has been sorted out but these types of live events are difficult to test. You never know how it will behave with a full load on the servers. We'll see. I'm anxious to see what they have in store.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #48 of 66
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
It's been a long, long time since I've been able to watch an Apple event live! When was the last time, like a decade ago or something?

Two years, if memory serves. It doesn't, but I know I'm not completely wrong.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #49 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Your memory is probably better than mine in that case, but I blame the weed.lol.gif

post #50 of 66

I wonder if there will be an iMac update after all? The invitation said a "little" more - that would refer to the iPad mini, Mac mini, and 13" MBP but not really the iMac. And they chose a little venue to update their little products. The little venue may also be why the stream.

post #51 of 66
Originally Posted by ascii View Post
The invitation said a "little" more - that would refer to the iPad mini, Mac mini, and 13" MBP but not really the iMac.

The problem here is in assuming this means anything at all, much less what you've said.

post #52 of 66
Quote:

The problem here is in assuming this means anything at all, much less what you've said.

Apple's invitations sometimes have double meanings but not usually no meaning.

post #53 of 66
Quote:

I think it is way longer but one things for sure, it wasn't HD! 1smoking.gif
post #54 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Apple's invitations sometimes have double meanings but not usually no meaning.

It is certainly a play on 'one thing more' IMHO ... so I'm pretty excited! I just hope AAPL picks up a few weeks later after the most likely further drop that seems to follow good news from Apple 1oyvey.gif I picked up a load more on Friday, the price is crazy low!
post #55 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

It is certainly a play on 'one thing more' IMHO 

It definitely evoked that in me first time I saw it too.

post #56 of 66

Hmmm... the stream has already started, 10 mins early. Gauging the server load?

post #57 of 66
Quote:
Quote:

Oct. 2010, but I don't remember if HD.
post #58 of 66
Quote:

Quote:

October 2010 Steve presenting the new MacBook Air

post #59 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Oct. 2010, but I don't remember if HD.

I'm surprised to be honest. I believe you but what was that event, it seems I've had to follow blogs for years. Was it all events prior to that or was that a one off?

I just started watching. Wow the HD on now is very good!
post #60 of 66

I like old theatres like that, I've been to a few musicals in them, it really adds to the experience. Though I think today will be more about books than music.

post #61 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

Unfortunately this is because Apple uses HTTP live streaming which is not available on all browsers.

Is that why Sprint's crappy 3G is giving me perfectly smooth streaming video?  Go Apple!  I was expecting it to be a terrible slideshow on my phone today.  That theater is beautiful.  So much for relying on the Engadget liveblog like I usually do

post #62 of 66

Sucks I have a 100 MB connection and the video is stalling big time!irked.gif

post #63 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

It's brilliant streaming quality for me.....

post #64 of 66

Stuttering for me now. They're definitely hammered.

Two minutes into the presentation proper, the quality instantly dropped from 720 to 480.

post #65 of 66

Seems to have settled down. Must have been all the initial page loads. Ok for now.

post #66 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

It's brilliant streaming quality for me.....

Same here at the other side of the pond. 720. Really amazed how fluid it was.

@mstone: Mb?
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 'iPad mini' event will be streamed live to Apple TV, Mac & iOS devices