or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Live Blog: Follow live coverage of Apple's iPad mini launch event
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Live Blog: Follow live coverage of Apple's iPad mini launch event

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Apple at 10:00 am PT (1:00pm ET) today will host an event at San Jose's California Theatre to introduce a new member to its iPad family and likely show off a completely redesigned line of iMacs, among other advancements. Click here to be taken to AppleInsider's live blog of the event.
post #2 of 26
I'm so grateful to all those that sat and typed at these events in the past as there was no live feed. However I am thrilled to be able to watch live today assuming the technology all works as expected. For all those that can't watch at least the AI typed feed blog and others should have slightly less traffic today.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #3 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I'm so grateful to all those that sat and typed at these events in the past as there was no live feed. However I am thrilled to be able to watch live today assuming the technology all works as expected. For all those that can't watch at least the AI typed feed blog and others should have slightly less traffic today.

I have the suspicion that the live feed might fall over from the interest...
post #4 of 26

It's not working on MAc but working on iPad.

post #5 of 26

Working great on my Macbook, good quality too!

post #6 of 26

Hey Tallest Skill!

 

What did I say yesterday?

 

They're showing Macs!lol.gif

post #7 of 26
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
Hey Tallest Skill!

 

What did I say yesterday?

 

They're showing Macs!lol.gif

 

And I'm glad for it!

Phil's looking GOOD, too. 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #8 of 26

The inside of the Macbook Pro 13" retina looks better than the outside of everybody else's laptops! 1smoking.gif

post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

And I'm glad for it!

Phil's looking GOOD, too. 

 

Yes, so far the event is going very smooth! It looks like Apple has a whole lot of stuff to show us today.

post #10 of 26

iMac, the #1 desktop computer in the US! 1smoking.gif

post #11 of 26

The new iMac looks crazy thin! Stunning! 1smile.gif

post #12 of 26

Wow, the previous gen iMac looks fat and obese compared to the new one.

post #13 of 26

New iMac 8 lbs lighter? Wow, that's pretty significant.

post #14 of 26

Why is nobody else replying to this thread?

 

Well, I don't care. I'll just keep on having a conversation with myself. lol.gif

post #15 of 26

Doh...no mention of a dedicated GPU in the mini.

post #16 of 26

100 Million iPads sold! 1smoking.gif

post #17 of 26

don't feel so all alone.....
 

post #18 of 26

Mac Mini and iMac...no desktops??

post #19 of 26

91% of all web traffic = iPad. lol.gif

 

Fandroids go home.

post #20 of 26
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
91% of all web traffic = iPad. lol.gif

 

I just don't get why they're supposedly spending so much to capture just half of what's left of that… 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #21 of 26

Woah...no Scott...or did I miss him in something?

post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nht View Post

Woah...no Scott...or did I miss him in something?

Scott's chained to the Apple Maps bench. He hasn't been allowed to go home, or even change his clothes until it's done right.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nht View Post

I have the suspicion that the live feed might fall over from the interest...

Well now we know it worked great 1smile.gif I too was a bit worried but it hesitated once for me for a few seconds just before the start then never flickered.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post


Well now we know it worked great 1smile.gif I too was a bit worried but it hesitated once for me for a few seconds just before the start then never flickered.

 

Stuttered and died for me on the mac but the iPhone worked throughout over LTE.

post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Scott's chained to the Apple Maps bench. He hasn't been allowed to go home, or even change his clothes until it's done right.

 

Still, it's interesting that Michael Tchao took his usual spot on the video.

 

Maybe only dudes with no hair are allowed on the videos now.

post #26 of 26

But where is the new iTunes?!?!?!  Not much left in October, so I was very surprised to not hear a word about it...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Live Blog: Follow live coverage of Apple's iPad mini launch event
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Live Blog: Follow live coverage of Apple's iPad mini launch event