or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Review roundup: Microsoft Surface hardware shines, but software is a letdown

Review roundup: Microsoft Surface hardware shines, but software is a letdown - Page 4

post #121 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnw View Post

Yes, I realize it was rejected. But it wouldn't surprise me to see something materialize if it's innovative and enhances the product's beauty and functionality.

On the video on small screens, Steve Jobs was quite clear about his thoughts on viewing video on small screens (and generally, adding 'needless' features to the iPods):

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/02/steve-jobs/

Check out his thoughts on book readers......ouch

All he said was that people don't read anymore and then said they stood on Amazon's shoulders and took the device further. Plenty of people still prefer a eInk reader.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #122 of 122

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this assessment based on what I saw. The build quality is actually terrible. It's worse than any Android. I was expecting for the hardware to really shine but instead its this plasticky mess. The size is awkward and the IE10 browser is terrible than any I've seen. it's bad even for a MSFT product and that's saying something. The text looks pixelated on web pages in both portrait and landscape orientation. The going back and forth between Windows 8 and Windows RT seemed pretty nice enough IMO. The keyboard looked cheap but it did work for the most part save for the trackpad which had some issues with it. The surface was much lighter than I was expecting. The Xoom is a heavier tablet but the Xoom was a much higher quality item than the Surface. I can't believe reviewers are gushing over it TBQH. I was really expecting something like a Xoom in terms of build quality from MSFT and instead I got some plasticky MSFT stuff where the browser doesn't work well. The browser is the single most important app on your tablet....and it's probably one of the worst I've seen from MSFT. The pixelation is really bad with it. I'm actually shocked they released with out the browser being any good. 

Edited by AdonisSMU - 10/29/12 at 7:02am
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Review roundup: Microsoft Surface hardware shines, but software is a letdown
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Review roundup: Microsoft Surface hardware shines, but software is a letdown