or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sorry honey, your rape-induced pregnancy "is something God intended to happen"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sorry honey, your rape-induced pregnancy "is something God intended to happen" - Page 2

post #41 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I'm sorry that sounds ridiculous, but I was presuming that you understood the difference between cell division and cell differentiation. And there is nothing inconsistent about knowing the absence of something without being able to define its presence. I'm certainly willing to consider other views, but I listed some criteria that I think are relevant and the conclusions that I draw from them, so would you consider making a counter-argument that goes beyond telling me I sound ridiculous and that my argument is beyond you.

Sorry, but it does sound ridiculous.  How anyone can conclude that a embryo at that early stage is not a "life" is beyond me.  Whether it should be legally protected is another matter.  

Well - as I said before, I gave my reasoning in some detail. Your counter-argument has not risen beyond "that's ridiculous", so I'll conclude that it is your gut feeling rather than an informed opinion. That's fine, as long as you don't try to claim that medical science supports your position.
post #42 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post


Well - as I said before, I gave my reasoning in some detail. Your counter-argument has not risen beyond "that's ridiculous", so I'll conclude that it is your gut feeling rather than an informed opinion. That's fine, as long as you don't try to claim that medical science supports your position.

 

Wow.  You cannot define when life begins, except that you know it's not at conception.  You acknowledge brain activity at 6 weeks, but won't say life begins then, either.  You acknowledge rapid cell division over the first two weeks, but won't say that's life either.  I think you need to take a position here and then provide rationale for it.  So  I ask again, when does life begin?  

 

As far as I'm concerned, we can all have a spirited debate about what our abortion laws should be.  But anyone that doesn't acknowledge that life begins at conception should not be taken seriously, or should at least be questioned as to what his/her agenda is.  Our debate is about when we as a society say that we'll protect that life over a mother's objections.  It's not about when the life actually begins.  That's frankly a red herring.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #43 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post


Well - as I said before, I gave my reasoning in some detail. Your counter-argument has not risen beyond "that's ridiculous", so I'll conclude that it is your gut feeling rather than an informed opinion. That's fine, as long as you don't try to claim that medical science supports your position.

 

Wow.  You cannot define when life begins, except that you know it's not at conception.  You acknowledge brain activity at 6 weeks, but won't say life begins then, either.  You acknowledge rapid cell division over the first two weeks, but won't say that's life either.  I think you need to take a position here and then provide rationale for it.  So  I ask again, when does life begin?  

 

As far as I'm concerned, we can all have a spirited debate about what our abortion laws should be.  But anyone that doesn't acknowledge that life begins at conception should not be taken seriously, or should at least be questioned as to what his/her agenda is.  Our debate is about when we as a society say that we'll protect that life over a mother's objections.  It's not about when the life actually begins.  That's frankly a red herring.  

 

Nowhere did I say that life does not exist at 6 weeks - I said that, in my view, human life does not meaningfully start at conception. Yes - it is a rapidly dividing bundle of undifferentiated cells at that point, but except for the genetic blueprint it is indistinguishable from any other bundle of cells. And you have still provided nothing but outrage and incredulity to dispute that view.

 

So I'm not to be taken seriously if I disagree with you? Your arrogance is astounding, and I will happily leave you to enjoy your dogmatic beliefs uncontested. 

post #44 of 71

If human life "begins at conception", then it does not follow that societies all around the world, regardless of religious faith, refer to a person's age as from the day they were born, as opposed to conceived. Perhaps it is because while inside of the mother, a fetus is not a viable independent "life unit"?

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #45 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

If human life "begins at conception", then it does not follow that societies all around the world, regardless of religious faith, refer to a person's age as from the day they were born, as opposed to conceived. Perhaps it is because while inside of the mother, a fetus is not a viable independent "life unit"?

 

That's probably just for convenience, since, in most cases, date of birth is much easier to know than date of conception. No one (I think) is going to argue that a foetus is not alive until it is born.

post #46 of 71

I believe that in Korea and possibly other areas that age is considered plus one after birth.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #47 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

 

Nowhere did I say that life does not exist at 6 weeks - I said that, in my view, human life does not meaningfully start at conception. Yes - it is a rapidly dividing bundle of undifferentiated cells at that point, but except for the genetic blueprint it is indistinguishable from any other bundle of cells. And you have still provided nothing but outrage and incredulity to dispute that view.

 

So I'm not to be taken seriously if I disagree with you? Your arrogance is astounding, and I will happily leave you to enjoy your dogmatic beliefs uncontested. 

 

How do you define meaningful in this case?  It's either a life or not.  And no, it's not that I don't take you seriously because you disagree.  It's because life clearly and obviously begins at conception, and your "position" is all over the map.  You haven't said when it begins, only that you don't think it's at conception.  You support this by talking about what the mass of cells that becomes a human child resembles to your eye.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

If human life "begins at conception", then it does not follow that societies all around the world, regardless of religious faith, refer to a person's age as from the day they were born, as opposed to conceived. Perhaps it is because while inside of the mother, a fetus is not a viable independent "life unit"?

 

Do you honestly believe that?  Because frankly, I find what you just posted disgusting.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #48 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

 

Nowhere did I say that life does not exist at 6 weeks - I said that, in my view, human life does not meaningfully start at conception. Yes - it is a rapidly dividing bundle of undifferentiated cells at that point, but except for the genetic blueprint it is indistinguishable from any other bundle of cells. And you have still provided nothing but outrage and incredulity to dispute that view.

 

So I'm not to be taken seriously if I disagree with you? Your arrogance is astounding, and I will happily leave you to enjoy your dogmatic beliefs uncontested. 

 

How do you define meaningful in this case?  It's either a life or not.  And no, it's not that I don't take you seriously because you disagree.  It's because life clearly and obviously begins at conception, and your "position" is all over the map.  You haven't said when it begins, only that you don't think it's at conception.  You support this by talking about what the mass of cells that becomes a human child resembles to your eye.  

 

My position is not all over the place - you just seem to be incapable or unwilling to comprehend it. To restate my argument (for the final time); the undifferentiated cell mass comprising the embryo that differs only from any other embryo in its DNA, that has no organs, no nervous system, and no circulatory system is no more alive than the gametes that produced it. That much seems obvious to me, and I said nothing about what it "resembles to your eye" - that is a total straw man. 

 

Since the developmental stages form a continuum, it is not as obvious, in my opinion, when we should accord it the status of a human life. Should it have any of the physical attributes of a human, have a brain, have brain activity, be capable of conscious thought, be a viable organism? I don't know, I have no problem not knowing, and, as with many other things that I don't know, I feel no need to resort to making up answers.

 

But this discussion is completely pointless anyway because, as I said, it comprises me providing observation and argument while you provide neither and instead just indignantly assert that I am not to be taken seriously and that we cannot discuss this unless I first accept your view. Do you not see a degree of logical contradiction in that approach?

post #49 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

Do you honestly believe that?  Because frankly, I find what you just posted disgusting.  

 

Oh really? A fetus depends on the mother's body for everything, and is is therefore not independently viable. Perhaps you should study human biology.

 

So many "pro-lifers" (sic) really are a piece of work -  ranting on about Jesus this, Chistianity that and the "sanctity" of life while simultaneously supporting capital punishment (murder by government), apologizing for rapists, and supporting the wholesale slaughter of innocents abroad on the basis of LIES, via wars of recreation to benefit big business... to say nothing of deliberately killing our own citizens on behalf of élitists. And as regards newborns, "pro-lifers" have zero concern.....

 

And, IMHO, quite frankly SDW2000, the majority of your commentary tends towards sanctimonious phony-moralistic claptrap to rank duplicity.

"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #50 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I believe that in Korea and possibly other areas that age is considered plus one after birth.

Just a different way of counting--nothing to do with fetuses. A kid who is 9 is in his 10th year.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #51 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

 

Oh really? A fetus depends on the mother's body for everything, and is is therefore not independently viable. Perhaps you should study human biology.

 

A fetus can be viable as early as 23 weeks.   So take the snark and shove it up your ass.  

 

 

 

 

Quote:
So many "pro-lifers" (sic) really are a piece of work -  ranting on about Jesus this, Chistianity that and the "sanctity" of life while simultaneously supporting capital punishment (murder by government),

 

Capital punishment is not murder, just like deaths in war are not murder, accidents are not murder, and manslaughter is not murder.  And are you really claiming that we should be able to kill the unborn while not being able to execute someone like Ted Bundy?  

 

 

Quote:
apologizing for rapists,

 

Not even Todd Akin apologized for rapists.  

 

 

Quote:
and supporting the wholesale slaughter of innocents abroad on the basis of LIES

 

This is the kind of unreasonable, unbalanced speech that causes people not to take you seriously.  You may disagree with foreign policies, wars, etc.  But no, the U.S. does not engage in the "wholesale slaughter" of "innocents."  A war you view as unjust is not "slaughter of innocents."  Accidental civilian deaths due to war is not "slaughter of innocents."  

 

 

Quote:
, via wars of recreation to benefit big business...

 

Recreation?  There you go again.  

 

 

 

Quote:
to say nothing of deliberately killing our own citizens on behalf of élitists.

 

Uh, OK 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote:

And as regards newborns, "pro-lifers" have zero concern.....

 

And, IMHO, quite frankly SDW2000, the majority of your commentary tends towards sanctimonious phony-moralistic claptrap to rank duplicity.

 

Well, you apparently don't read my posts, especially on this issue.   Neither the pro-life nor pro-choice label fits me.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #52 of 71

Mourdock is down in the polls (47-36)... except of course for his own internal one (which shows him leading).

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/donnelly-indiana-poll_n_2063743.html

 

It will be interesting to see which polls prove true.  Eight points is a pretty big difference.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #53 of 71
Thread Starter 

John Scalzi writes an excellent piece of satire here.  All these anti-abortion-even-in-the-case-of-rape Republicans are playing right into the rapists' hands.

 

 

 

Quote:

WARNING: this post is going to be oh-so-very-triggery for victims of rape and sexual assault. I am not kidding.

Dear certain conservative politicians:

Hi! I’m a rapist. I’m one of those men who likes to force myself on women without their consent or desire and then batter them sexually. The details of how I do this are not particularly important at the moment — although I love when you try to make distinctions about “forcible rape” or “legitimate rape” because that gives me all sorts of wiggle room — but I will tell you one of the details about why I do it: I like to control women and, also and independently, I like to remind them how little control they have. There’s just something about making the point to a woman that her consent and her control of her own body is not relevant against the need for a man to possess that body and control it that just plain gets me off. A guy’s got needs, you know? And my need is for control. Sweet, sweet control.

So I want to take time out of my schedule to thank you for supporting my right to control a woman’s life, not just when I’m raping her, but for all the rest of her life as well.

Ah, I see by your surprised face that you at the very least claim to have no idea what I’m talking about. Well, here’s the thing. Every time you say “I oppose a woman’s right to abortion, even in cases of rape,” what you’re also saying is “I believe that a man who rapes a woman has more of a right to control a woman’s body and life than that woman does.”

Oh, look. That surprised face again. All right, then. On the chance that you’re not giving me that surprised face just for the sake of public appearances, let me explain it to you, because it’s important for me that you know just how much I appreciate everything you’re doing for me.

So, let’s say I’ve raped a woman, as I do, because it’s my thing. I’ve had my fun, reminding that woman where she stands on the whole “being able to control things about her life” thing. But wait! There’s more. Since I didn’t use a condom (maybe I’m confident I can get other people to believe it was consensual, you see, or maybe I just like it that way), one thing has led to another and I’ve gotten this woman pregnant.

Now, remember how I said the thing I really like about raping a woman is the control it gives me over her? Well, getting a woman pregnant is even better. Because long after I’m gone, she still has to deal with me and what I’ve done to her. She has to deal with what’s happening to her body. She has to deal with doctor visits. She has to deal with the choice whether to have an abortion or not — which means she has to deal with everyone in the country, including you, having an opinion about it and giving her crap about it. And if shedoes have an abortion, she has to deal with all the hassle of that, too, because folks like you, of course, have gone out of your way to make it a hassle, which I appreciate. Thank you.

Every moment of that process, she has to be thinking of me, and how I’ve forced all of this on her — exercised my ability to bend her life away from what it was to what I’ve made of it. Me exercising my control.

I gotta tell you, it feels awesome.

But! You know what would feel even more awesome? The knowledge that, if you get your way and abortion is outlawed even in cases of rape, that my control of her will continue through all the rest of her life.

First, because she’ll have no legal choice about whether to have the baby I put in her — sorry, dearie, you have no control at all! You have to have it! That’s nine months of having your body warp and twist and change because I decided that you needed a little lesson on who’s actually running the show. That’s sweet.

Once the baby’s born, the woman will have to decide whether to keep it. Here’s an interesting fact: Of the women who have gotten pregnant from rape who give birth to that baby, most keep the baby, by a ratio of about five to one. So my ability to change the life of the woman just keeps growing, doesn’t it? From the rape, to the nine months of the pregnancy, to the rest of her life dealing with the child I raped into her. Of course, she could put the kid up for adoption, but that’s its own bundle of issues, isn’t it? And even then, she’s dealing with the choices I made for her, when I exercised my control over her life.

Best of all, I get to do all that without much consequence! Oh, sure, theoretically I can get charged with rape and go to prison for it. But you know what? For every hundred men who rape, only three go to prison. Those are pretty good odds for me, especially since — again! — folks like you like to muddy up the issue saying things like “forcible rape.” Keep doing that! It’s working out great for me.

As for the kid, well, oddly enough, most women I rape want nothing to do with me afterward, so it’s not like I will have to worry about child support or any other sort of responsibility… unless of course I decide that I haven’t taught that woman a big enough lesson about who’s really in control of her life. Did you know that 31 states in this country don’t keep rapists from seeking custody or visitation rights? How great is that? That’s just one more thing she has to worry about — me crawling out of the woodwork to remind her of what I did, and am continuing to do, to her life.

Look how much control you want to give me over that woman! I really can’t thank you enough for it. It warms my heart to know no matter how much I rape, or how many women I impregnate through my non-consensual sexual battery, you have my back, when it comes to reminding every woman I humiliate who is actually the boss of her. It’s me! It’s always been me! You’ll make sure it’ll always be me. You’ll see to that.

I am totally voting for you this election.

Yours,

Just Another Rapist.

P.S.: I love it when you say that you “stand for innocent life” when it comes to denying abortions in cases of rape! It implicitly suggests that the women I rape are in some way complicit in and guilty of the crimes I commit on top of, and inside of, their bodies! Which works out perfectly for me. Keep it up!

No, seriously, keep it up.

– JAR

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #54 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

John Scalzi writes an excellent piece of satire here.  All these anti-abortion-even-in-the-case-of-rape Republicans are playing right into the rapists' hands.


That post is despicable. You cheapen life by even agreeing with it.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #55 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Just a different way of counting--nothing to do with fetuses. A kid who is 9 is in his 10th year.
There is a reason it is called a birth date, not a conception date. Simple difference I know, but you might have missed it.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #56 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

There is a reason it is called a birth date, not a conception date. Simple difference I know, but you might have missed it.
 

 

Irrelevant response, Noah. I was answering Berger's question.  Simple difference, I know, but you might have missed it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I believe that in Korea and possibly other areas that age is considered plus one after birth.

 

Yes, someone who is 9 is in one's 10th year of living.  It's like saying the 1900s vs the 20th century.  Koreans use the latter.  Americans use the former.  I concur that it has nothing to do with conception.  I was explaining that, Noah.  Please read carefully next time before attempting to correct something I didn't get wrong.  

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #57 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Mourdock is down in the polls (47-36)... except of course for his own internal one (which shows him leading).

 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/02/donnelly-indiana-poll_n_2063743.html

 

It will be interesting to see which polls prove true.  Eight points is a pretty big difference.

 

47-36 is 11 points.  And from what I've read the race is much tighter than that.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

That post is despicable. You cheapen life by even agreeing with it.

 

Exactly.  A guy says that even pregnancies resulting from rape are God's will, and now he himself is a rapist?  Yeah, hilarious satire there.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #58 of 71
Thread Starter 
Read again SDW. That is NOT what the piece said.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #59 of 71

You are like Romney always twisting some ones other thoughts.You both  deserve each other!
 

post #60 of 71

Next to a picture of Murdock:  

 

 

 

Quote:
Hi! I’m a rapist. I’m one of those men who likes to force myself on women without their consent or desire and then batter them sexually.

 

OK...not what the piece said.  1oyvey.gif

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #61 of 71
Thread Starter 

The picture of Mourdock is there because he's the one who talked about rape babies being god's will.  For ****'s sake, SDW.  Try reading and comprehending.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #62 of 71

People who have the best ideas don't have to try to trick people into thinking someone with a different idea is someone terrible or bad.

 

The Democratic Plan for Obama's second term. Republicans are rapists and murderers. Thus Democrats don't need a plan.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #63 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The picture of Mourdock is there because he's the one who talked about rape babies being god's will.  For ****'s sake, SDW.  Try reading and comprehending.

 

For ****'s sake BR, I'm not arguing that's what the "article" says.  I'm saying that's the headline.  Unless you think it's a coincidence that there is a huge picture of Mourdock right next to text saying "I'm a rapist."  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #64 of 71
Thread Starter 

No, it says "Dear Conservative Politicians" next to the picture of a conservative politician who said that rape babies were gifts from god.  You are looking too hard for subliminal messages that aren't there.  Perhaps because you plant so many dog whistle statements, you think there's a dog whistle statement everywhere.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

No, it says "Dear Conservative Politicians" next to the picture of a conservative politician who said that rape babies were gifts from god.

 

All babies are gifts from God, and should be cared for and treasured in any just society.

 

Christians got the "pro-life" moniker when they ventured outside the city walls to rescue babies left to die by their parents who didn't think their lives were 'viable' even outside the womb. Death by lions and hypothermia was considered a beautiful gift by many parents in the Roman Empire.

 

This is where the atheist mindset inevitably leads. Always to Death, and how 'beautiful' and 'selfless' it is to cheerlead for it in society.

Abortion, Euthanasia, Assisted Suicide, Drug Injection sites, and on and on and on. It's why Halloween is now a month-long celebration in our culture.

 

All of course, guided by the chief delusion of Evolution, the religion that man owes his very existence to being perfected through millions of years of Death.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #66 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

No, it says "Dear Conservative Politicians" next to the picture of a conservative politician who said that rape babies were gifts from god.  You are looking too hard for subliminal messages that aren't there.  Perhaps because you plant so many dog whistle statements, you think there's a dog whistle statement everywhere.

 

lol.gif1confused.gif

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #67 of 71

Mourdock lost.

 

Akin lost.


Edited by Bergermeister - 11/6/12 at 7:21pm

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #68 of 71
Thread Starter 

Two Republican Rape Apologizers down!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #69 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Two Republican Rape Apologizers down!

 

Sadly, there are more.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #70 of 71
Thread Starter 

Indeed--but two fewer!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #71 of 71
Thread Starter 

Memo to Todd Akin and Dick Mourdock:

 

 

14hyr.jpg

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sorry honey, your rape-induced pregnancy "is something God intended to happen"