or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › ARM announces 64-bit Cortex-A50 mobile processors coming in 2014

ARM announces 64-bit Cortex-A50 mobile processors coming in 2014 - Page 2

post #41 of 43

These could make great low-wattage servers. A few companies are already competing in this space.

post #42 of 43

I'd love to see Apple pump up Aperture or come out with a mainstream Photoshop competitor.  They have Apeture and iPhoto.

Arm chips are only going to get more powerful.  iPads are only going to get more powerful.  The current iPad 4 must be a real speed demon.  Remember when

iMacs where only 15 inch screens?  The iPads are basically 10 inch.  Not that far away.  How long before the iPad gets a bigger screen and docks on a stand?  How long before iOS and 'X' merge?  

A few years away yet, I'm sure.

There's Procreate on the iPad.  Blisteringly fast.  It's a warning sign that bloating empires fall in time due to complacency and 

spaghetti code. 

64 bit Arm cpus is a an exciting development.

I remember when ARM had a risc chip on a desktop many moons ago.  It was blistering fast at the time!

Competition is good.  Be it in the cpu or Image editing market.  

Pixelmator gets CMYK in the latest version.  They keep plugging away on it...  Maybe it will get adjustment layering next?

Will Macs whither on the vine as the Apple II once did?  (I don't think so.  Not with a pending userbase of 100 million users...)

Or will more powerful iOS devices supercede them in time?  It's currently hybrid.  But for 90% of stuff I can use an iPad.

Give me an A3 sized iPad and a stylus.  I'd be very happy.  One day...maybe...

Remember when people thought Apple would charge £1000 for the iPad?  I wonder if we will get bigger iPads in time..?

Yours, Musingly, 

Lemon Bon Bon.

PS.  The forums look like 'Bagdad.'  What are you guys doing?

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

You know, for a company that specializes in the video-graphics market, you'd think that they would offer top-of-the-line GPUs...

WITH THE NEW MAC PRO THEY FINALLY DID!  (But you bend over for it.)

post #43 of 43

For those interested, some updated status info from Nvidia on their ARMv8 64-bit Project Denver processor.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20121108215621_Nvidia_Denver_Is_Custom_ARMv8_64_Bit_Processor_with_Secret_Sauce.html

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › ARM announces 64-bit Cortex-A50 mobile processors coming in 2014