or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › HELP with Macbook and girlfriend

HELP with Macbook and girlfriend

post #1 of 7

Hi,

Thank you for reading my thread. First just a quick introduction to myself. I have been a Mac user since my first computer in 2005 (12" ibook), I would still have this splendid machine if it hadn't been stolen. I have had my 13.3" Macbook since May 2007. Last year my girlfriend moved in with me, and I found that she was using my Macbook rather a lot, and certainly a lot more than her own PC. In the end I ended up getting one for her (her first Mac it was very exciting, and she is smitten). Its a 2008 13.3" Macbook, so a bit newer than mine. Onto my problem...

Wanting to protect her Macbook my girlfriend is looking into buying a protective case. Yellow is her favourite colour; she says that its a happy colour or something. So a yellow protective case that will fit her 2008 Macbook is sought. I am very keen to get her one but its tricky as they don't make this model Macbook any more and the very last white Macbook was a different shape. 

So if anyone can help me I would be very great full. The case needs to fit the models from November 2006 - October 2009. This is was a hugely popular design so I am sure there must be some sold somewhere. 

Thanks again for reading.

post #2 of 7

Is it a white MacBook or is it the aluminum MacBook "collector's edition"?

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #3 of 7

Its the white Macbook. 

http://apple-history.com/mb_early_08

post #4 of 7

My advice would be to be a man about it, you've done your job you've turned her on to the best piece of hardware/software, stop wasting your time on girlie stuff next thing you'll be painting her toenails (which actually could be kinda fun depending on what she's wearing, but I digress), let her buy her own damn yellow protective cover, whatever she buys, it's not going to have any effect on her actual computing experience.

post #5 of 7
post #6 of 7

Don't be a wimp be a man and tell her to do her thing!

post #7 of 7

Marvin thanks a million, thats Christmas sorted and I am so poor at getting presents. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Hardware › HELP with Macbook and girlfriend