or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Hurricane Sandy made Me WISH I had an Apple TV

Hurricane Sandy made Me WISH I had an Apple TV

Poll Results: How did Sandy affect you?

• 0% (0)
    No power
  • 100% (1)
    No power and no internet
  • 0% (0)
    Worse
  • 0% (0)
    Really bad
  • 0% (0)
    not at all
1 Total Vote  
post #1 of 3

Sandy hit, and I have power to one TV by generator but no TV or internet. Had I had an Apple TV, I could have downloaded and streamed to it some movies. 1/4 of the cell towers locally are out meaning that service sucks so now I'm just sitting here reflecting. Will be buying an Apple TV post-Sandy. If you're curious, I'm chronicling the horrors of not having internet on my blog. #firstworldproblems 1biggrin.gif

How did Sandy hit you?

Come visit and chat with me about Apple: Appstorechronicle.com

Email Me: Editor@appstorechronicle.com

post #2 of 3
If you didn't have Internet, then how would you have downloaded/streamed movies to it???
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 3

I knew a day or two in advance that I would lose power and likely the web from the storm. I even downloaded a comedy album onto my phone. I didn't expect 1/4 of the cell towers in the area to be knocked out though. I had a 3G device from Verizon and a 4G device from ATT at the ready, but I didn't count on the failing cell service. Luckily a place where I intern a few days a week is near Optimum Wifi, so I'm downloading a few movies there tomorrow while I work, and then I'll hook my computer up to my TV with an HDMI cable if I can find one lying around.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Hurricane Sandy made Me WISH I had an Apple TV