or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple posts new notice saying Samsung didn't copy iPad on UK website
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple posts new notice saying Samsung didn't copy iPad on UK website - Page 4

post #121 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post
 Any more it's almost like arguing between Ford and Chevrolet trucks. Almost. Still a ways to go for Android, but you get the basic point.

 

and yeah I know, Apple is more like a <insert favorite luxury car>

yeah chevy trucks rule but seriously there is no ford in the tablet market.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #122 of 171
Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post
It's amusing to see how some diehard apple fans try to portrait Apple as the solely inventor while everyone else is just trying to ripoff Apple.

 

It's amusing to see how some trolls make up arguments to suit their fantasies.


Oh here, I shed a tear for poor Apple lol.gif.

 

Seems slapppy gets around.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #123 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGJ View Post

1) "So...where was she murdered?"

"St Thomas' Hospital, ma'am."

"Why was she there?"

"She was shot in the House of Commons."

2) *Hides my crossbow*

3) Interestingly enough, the death penalty for acts of High Treason was only banned in 1997. But it is still punishable with a life prison sentence (that's if the police manage to catch them alive, it's likely that anyone who tries to kill the Queen would most likely get killed by the crowd first :D). But either way, I'd pledge my loyalty to the Queen in the same way an American would pledge loyalty to the Stars and Stripes.

4) :D

Skipping to 6) Well...it depends on what is meant by 'ride a cow' :P

 

This is fun.


It was fun. Thank you.

post #124 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I love how browser "benchmarks" are the only ones in which Apple isn't leagues faster than absolutely everything else on the market, and so the trolls latch onto them as though they mean anything at all. 

 

That's because sooo many people are browsing the web on their Android devices. Oh wait... Mobile Safari is the most popular web browser in use. Nevermind. /s

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #125 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I don't know why these benchmarks matter anyway with them so close to each other. Is there seriously much difference in browsing speeds and responsiveness between the most recent iPhones and iPads and the most recent Android phones and tablets? Not that I'm aware of. Both OS's are speedy, both platforms have features unique to them, both have good hardware.and the latest devices from both get high marks from professional blogs and reviewers. Any more it's almost like arguing between Ford and Chevrolet trucks. Almost. Still a ways to go for Android, but you get the basic point.

 

and yeah I know, Apple is more like a <insert favorite luxury car>

 

They're not that close. Some tests produce similar results (for example, many tablets can max out at 60FPS so a bunch of devices will all score the same) while other tests show large differences. When you take resolution out of the equation and look at raw processing power the A6X kills everything out there in GPU.

 

The Exynos 5 is still faster in synthetic CPU getting a Geekbench score of 2350-ish compared to the A6X's 1750-ish. Yet when it comes down to application performance the A6X still beats the Exynos 5.

 

This is not like arguing Ford vs Chevy. That implies both are equal and people are trying to make minor differences seem more important than they are. These benchmark tests reveal some interesting items:

 

- Android is poorly optimized/iOS is highly optimized. When an Exynos 5 has a CPU that's over 30% faster than the A6X, yet still lags behind in application performance, then something's wrong.

- Windows RT (which also uses Tegra 3) benchmarks faster than Android devices also using the same Tegra 3. So Win RT is also better optimized than Android. Imagine that, MS's first tablet OS is better optmized than Android which has been going through revisions for several years now.

- Apple has always placed an emphasis on GPU over CPU in their SoC's. And iOS devices have always run better (smoother) than Android devices have. It's not hard to put 2 & 2 together.

- Android requires more processing power to achieve the same performance as iOS. That means an Android device is at an immediate dis-advantage in terms of cost of the more expensive SoC and in terms of how much battery power it will consume to supply that SoC.

- With Android devices using so many different SoC's with different GPU's, Android never gets fully optimized to work with a specific SoC. Android OEM's can't even bother to get updates out for older devices, so why should they bother to spend more time than necessary to get their product released?

post #126 of 171
^ Not at all. Didn't read my post I see. iPad is better at everything than the Nexus 10.

Despite Exynos scoring faster in CPU it's still slower in productivity and application performance. You know, real world usage. Android is a bloated pig of an OS compared to iOS or Win RT, which are both highly optimized.
post #127 of 171
Seems they put a bit of new code on the apple.com/uk site so that the statement text always ends up just below the screen no matter what. Self centred or what?
post #128 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by aBeliefSystem View Post

Self centred or what?

 

An apt description of your post, seeing as the javascript discussion was brought up pages ago.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #129 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I love how browser "benchmarks" are the only ones in which Apple isn't leagues faster than absolutely everything else on the market, and so the trolls latch onto them as though they mean anything at all. 

 

That, and we know it's all about GPU nowadays.

 

J.

post #130 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post


WOW. Do I see 7 "different" tests here? You could post some more pictures lol.gif.
This all is ONLY one benchmark and it ONLY measures the GPU performance of OpenGL ES implementations.
Apple has always performed better in GLBench. than the other devices, probably that's why Anandtech focuses on this particular benchmark when reviewing Apple devices so much lol.gif.

CPU? Now that what I'm talking about.
Geekbench: iPad (4th gen)   -   1755
Geekbench: Nexus 10         -    2345

Does this mean that iPad shows more potential in playing 3D games, while Nexus 10 shows more potential in being actually productive?


 

 

Actually no, iOS can offload calculation intensive tasks to its GPU(s), its called OpenCL.

So the iPad is in fact a much better device to be 'productive'.

 

By the way, did you notice that the iPad 4 is almost twice as fast as the N10 if you look at the GPU and only 25% 'slower' if you look at the CPU.

 

J.

post #131 of 171

What was the topic of this thread again?lol.gif

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #132 of 171
post #133 of 171
Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post
WOW. Do I see 7 "different" tests here?

 

Sounds like you don't understand what benchmarks are.


Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post
What was the topic of this thread again?lol.gif

 

Some whiny British people demanding the same thing twice. It's not important. lol.gif

 

Other than Apple doing it right both times, yeah. 

 

It's hilarious that no one commenting on this thing seems to have a clue what actually went on at the end, much less the beginning, or even before it. If they're not going to take the time to find out the truth, there's not really any reason to listen to them at all.


Edited by Tallest Skil - 11/5/12 at 7:03am

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #134 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Other than Apple doing it right both times, yeah. 

 

It's hilarious that no one commenting on this thing seems to have a clue what actually went on at the end, much less the beginning, or even before it. If they're not going to take the time to find out the truth, there's not really any reason to listen to them at all.

 

Please do enlighten us then.

post #135 of 171
Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post
Please do enlighten us then.

 

No. We've had four threads about that already. If you can't read the existing explanations across them (while even being in one of them), I don't think doing it again will be of any use.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #136 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

No. We've had four threads about that already. If you can't read the existing explanations across them (while even being in one of them), I don't think doing it again will be of any use.

 

I have read plenty about all of this and I am confident that I have a firm grasp of the facts. However, we appear to have come to very different conclusions. Maybe I didn't drink enough Kool-Aid first?

post #137 of 171
Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post
Maybe I didn't drink enough Kool-Aid first?

 

Just not the right kind, it seems.

 

1000

 

1000

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #138 of 171

deleted


Edited by MacRulez - 1/23/13 at 6:06am
post #139 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I don't know why these benchmarks matter anyway with them so close to each other. Is there seriously much difference in browsing speeds and responsiveness between the most recent iPhones and iPads and the most recent Android phones and tablets? Not that I'm aware of. Both OS's are speedy, both platforms have features unique to them, both have good hardware.and the latest devices from both get high marks from professional blogs and reviewers. Any more it's almost like arguing between Ford and Chevrolet trucks. Almost. Still a ways to go for Android, but you get the basic point.

and yeah I know, Apple is more like a

When they very close they don't matter. With JS it's pretty pointless these days as there are many other viable factors to consider. That said, when you have a less optimized OS like Android compared to iOS you need to have faster HW just to keep up with most real world tasks so when even the HW benchmarks show that a new Android device is well below an Apple product it calls things into question.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #140 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

<...>

 

It's hilarious that no one commenting on this thing seems to have a clue what actually went on at the end, much less the beginning, or even before it. If they're not going to take the time to find out the truth, there's not really any reason to listen to them at all.

 

 

if you checked the facts, you'd know better, but regular readers will know that you don't let the facts bother you

 

unlike what i suspect to be representative of the whining fanboys that infest this site, i've been an apple user since the last century and own a pleasant mound of their shares

 

apple's senior management acted like spoiled brats when the orginal judgement went against it, the pr statement after they lost had to be approved, it was a blatant insult to the court and a denial of the facts, let's be clear it was lies, apple lied

 

the judge, rightly, directed them to state the facts, not apple newspeak

 

they repeated their childish behaviour with the initial web page, which anyone but a fanboy blinded by zealotry can see was a deliberate and calculated insult to the court

 

now they barely scrape in, with yet another pathetic attempt to look clever, the fanboys cheer, a great day for apple!

 

but all it does is reinforce the impression of an arrogant and insular management team, taking time to play infantile games, rather than ensuring that their products work properly when released and that they continue to innovate, rather than recapitulate, which seems to be the way they are heading

 

yet another sad day for apple, ever closer to what it once rebelled against

post #141 of 171
Originally Posted by umumum View Post
if you checked the facts, you'd know better, but regular readers will know that you don't let the facts bother you…

 

So enlighten me, because I know them already.

 

unlike what i suspect to be representative of the whining fanboys that infest this site, i've been an apple user since the last century and own a pleasant mound of their shares

 

This old schtick again?

 

1000

 

apple's senior management acted like spoiled brats when the original judgement went against it…

 

Spoiled brats who… posted the judgement verbatim.

 

…and a denial of the facts…

 

A denial of the facts… by posting exactly what the judge told them to post. "Denying the facts" would be saying the British judgement isn't a complete farce.

 

…let's be clear it was lies, apple lied…

 

Yes! Let's be clear! About what did Apple lie? The judgement? NOPE. They did what the court said. That Samsung lost cases in Germany and the US? NOPE. That's true, too.

 

the judge, rightly, directed them to state the facts, not apple newspeak

 

And so Apple posted THE EXACT SAME WORDS AGAIN. So they were lies the first time but not the second?

 

…which anyone but a fanboy blinded by zealotry can see was a deliberate and calculated insult to the court…

 

Is this really the right website for you?

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #142 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

And so Apple posted THE EXACT SAME WORDS AGAIN. So they were lies the first time but not the second?

 

 

On what planet is a statement containing 360 words the EXACT same words as one containing 105 words?

 

Oh, I see, you mean the court mandated text.  So you're conveniently forgetting the extra stuff they added to the original statement which is the WHOLE REASON they had to republish.

 

Jeez, your Apple blindness knows no bounds.

post #143 of 171
Originally Posted by reefoid View Post
On what planet is a statement containing 360 words the EXACT same words as one containing 105 words?

 

When the words posted the second time were the words directly relevant to the legal ruling.  Something you acknowledge.

 

So you're conveniently forgetting the extra stuff they added to the original statement which is the WHOLE REASON they had to republish.

 

No, I'm ignoring it because the court had no right to prevent Apple from posting that as well. Apple did exactly what the court demanded, twice, and they're probably going to go after Apple again. 

 

Your argument is that since Apple says any words about the iPad anywhere on their website that were not limited to what the court said Apple could say about the iPad, they're in violation of whatever blah de blah of the blah de blah. Nonsense.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #144 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

When the words posted the second time were the words directly relevant to the legal ruling.  Something you acknowledge.

 

 

No, I'm ignoring it because the court had no right to prevent Apple from posting that as well. Apple did exactly what the court demanded, twice, and they're probably going to go after Apple again. 

 

Your argument is that since Apple says any words about the iPad anywhere on their website that were not limited to what the court said Apple could say about the iPad, they're in violation of whatever blah de blah of the blah de blah. Nonsense.

As usual TS, your arguments are full of smoke and mirrors.

 

Clearly the court did have a right to prevent Apple posting inaccurate stuff (yes, yes, I know you don't agree it was inaccurate), because the court told them to republish and Apple did.  If the court had no right, why didn't Apple go back to court and tell the judge where he went wrong with his ruling?

 

Not sure what you mean by your last paragraph.  Where have I argued anything about Apple using words about the iPad anywhere on their site?  Are you confusing me with someone else?  In fact, I've never mentioned the iPad in any of this nonsense, because the case was never about the iPad but a registered design from 2004.

 

Like I say, smoke and mirrors.

post #145 of 171
Originally Posted by reefoid View Post
(yes, yes, I know you don't agree it was inaccurate)

 

Yes, I disagree that the text demanded of Apple by the court to post and which Apple posted was inaccurate within the extent of what the court is allowed to state is inaccurate. 

 

Simply because they posted, word for word, what they were told by the court to post. It is unfathomable that people can still defend the nonsense of claiming that what they said to do was not what they said to do.

 

My personal belief of the inaccuracy of the content extends beyond what the court is allowed to state, but that's presently a different matter.


If the court had no right, why didn't Apple go back to court and tell the judge where he went wrong with his ruling?

 

THEY DID. TWICE.

 

Not sure what you mean by your last paragraph.  Where have I argued anything about Apple using words about the iPad anywhere on their site?

 

Right here:

 

So you're conveniently forgetting the extra stuff they added to the original statement which is the WHOLE REASON they had to republish.

 

But you knew that already, so I'm not sure why you're pretending to have worse memory than even me.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #146 of 171

OK, more smoke and mirrors.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

THEY DID. TWICE.

 

 

And were ruled against each time.  Seriously, take the hint.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Right here:

 

But you knew that already, so I'm not sure why you're pretending to have worse memory than even me.

I didn't mention  anything against Apple using words about iPad ANYWHERE on their site, which is what you stated.  I talked about the extra paragraphs they added in their statement on ONE page..  At no point did I mention the iPad, which is what you implied.  Smoke and mirrors, round and round we go.  I'm outta here.

post #147 of 171

OMG...I cannot believe the hypocrisy, rudeness, lack of consideration for others, and general nastiness of many of the members here on AI. 

 

Apple lost the case. Period. Apple tried to push the view (to the public) that Samsung copied their tablets and that consumers cannot tell them apart. The court decided to force Apple to reverse that statement in a public venue. The deed is done. Get.Over.It.(Apple).People

 

Apple won in the U.S. and Samsung may have to pay over a billion dollars in damages. Again. The deed is done. Get.Over.It.(Samsung).People.

 

I have watched this forum become less and less relevant towards Apple products and instead about CONSTANT, freaking bickering between people who act like they are in elementary school. This includes the moderators as well!!! 

 

I really wish AI would separate into two websites: one dealing with Apple computers and OS X... and the other dealing with iOS devices. Most of the garbage that is written on AI has to do with iOS and such. I am so tired of wading through worthless posts trying to find ANY relevant information. :(

 

Am I the only one who feels this way or has everyone who is not an over-the-top Apple fanboy already left AI?


Edited by lamewing - 11/5/12 at 10:30am
post #148 of 171
Originally Posted by reefoid View Post

I'm outta here.

 

Please do leave, as everyone does when their argument is destroyed.

 

Originally Posted by lamewing View Post
Apple tried to push the view (to the public) that Samsung copied their tablets and that consumers cannot tell them apart. 

 

And it worked.

 

The court decided to force Apple to reverse that statement in a public venue.

 

Except no, try again.

 

Actually, at this point, stop trying. You clearly will never understand, by your own choice.

 

Am I the only one who feels this way or has everyone who is not an over-the-top Apple fanboy already left AI?

 

Given the sheer number of anti-Apple trolls here, no, they would all agree with you.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #149 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by stike vomit View Post

'iWeasels':

 

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/05/apple_apology_take_2/

 

An apt description of "the Register", hey you idiots at the register, the UK site contains the same Javascript AS MANY OTHER of Apple's international sites, a fact you seem to have missed.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #150 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by umumum View Post

it was a blatant insult to the court and a denial of the facts, let's be clear it was lies, apple lied

 

 

So the remarks of Birss, about "coolness" were "lies"?

 

So why is Apple still required to provide a link to the judgement containing those remarks by Birss?

 

Then there were the references to the other rulings, so was Samsung found to have copied in Germany or not?

 

Did an American jury decide Samsung copied Apple or not?

 

See, these were Apple's statements, along with the one that remains.

 

Time to dump your shares, sell your gear and go shopping at a "principled" company like Samsung, whatever you want from Apple Samsung has a reasonably passable copy.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #151 of 171
@Moderator

I am NOT an Apple lover or hater. Nor am I a (Apple) competitor lover or hater. I use both Apple and non-Apple products. Heck, I just bought an iPad Mini (with 40% profit for Apple -Yikes!) this weekend because I find it the best choice for a tablet (for my uses). So stuff the Apple hater BS.

I do wish that the moderator would ... well, moderate...instead of posting more comments than any other forum member in this thread. Leave the discussions to the forum members. If the moderator feels the need to constantly chime in...then he needs to relinquish his position at AI.
post #152 of 171
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post
(with 40% profit for Apple -Yikes!)

 

Nope.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #153 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by reefoid View Post

 

On what planet is a statement containing 360 words the EXACT same words as one containing 105 words?

 

 

The planet where UK judge's clarify one of their peers initial requirements as to precisely what they want to be published.

 

So where are the charges of contempt, if Apple has done what you are stating they have done?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #154 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

@Moderator
I am NOT an Apple lover or hater. Nor am I a (Apple) competitor lover or hater. I use both Apple and non-Apple products. Heck, I just bought an iPad Mini (with 40% profit for Apple -Yikes!) this weekend because I find it the best choice for a tablet (for my uses). So stuff the Apple hater BS.
I do wish that the moderator would ... well, moderate...instead of posting more comments than any other forum member in this thread. Leave the discussions to the forum members. If the moderator feels the need to constantly chime in...then he needs to relinquish his position at AI.

All moderators are forum members. They are not site admins. As far as I know they are not paid by AI. They have a right to their opinions just like all other forum members.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #155 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Please do leave, as everyone does when their argument is destroyed.

 

 

Yeah, nice try, but no1wink.gif.  I'm out of here because when all you have left is to put words into my mouth, its a sure sign your argument is destroyed.

 

Laters.

post #156 of 171
Originally Posted by reefed View Post
…all you have left is to put words into my mouth…

 

When I quote your posts, it tends to sound a lot like what you say.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #157 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

 

Apple lost the case. Period. Apple tried to push the view (to the public) that Samsung copied their tablets and that consumers cannot tell them apart. The court decided to force Apple to reverse that statement in a public venue. The deed is done. Get.Over.It.(Apple).People

 

 

To get you up to speed, as you seem to have lost the way, this statement has nothing whatsoever to do with Samsung "copying" Apple, the statement is based on Samsung not infringing a specific Apple design patent.

 

The court states they require this to clear up any confusion the "general public" may have.

 

Going on your remarks and the remarks of others who mention "copying" they have obviously failed.


Edited by hill60 - 11/5/12 at 1:24pm
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #158 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

All moderators are forum members. They are not site admins. As far as I know they are not paid by AI. They have a right to their opinions just like all other forum members.

My point is that as moderators, their posts cannot be hidden. We cannot block them, therefore it is an abuse of their powers on this forum when they post their personal opinions. There job is to moderate. If they wish to post personal views they should use a non-moderator account.
Edited by lamewing - 11/5/12 at 3:12pm
post #159 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

To get you up to speed, as you seem to have lost the way, this statement has nothing whatsoever to do with Samsung "copying" Apple, the statement is based on Samsung not infringing a specific Apple design patent.

The court states they require this to clear up any confusion the "general public" may have.

Going on your remarks and the remarks of others who mention "copying" they have obviously failed.

I stand corrected. That doesn't change the fact that Apple must follow the law just like everyone else. Apple knew what they were required to do. They instead chose to play games. The judge shouldn't have to spell out what any reasonable person would understand they judges's instructions to be.

My brother is an attorney and it makes me sick to see him use loopholes and play semantic games to help people avoid taking responsibility for their actions. What Apple did is no different. That so many people here feel that Apple is okay trying to skirt the law is rather telling about many of the forum's viewpoints on what is right and wrong.
post #160 of 171
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post
If they wish to post personal views they should use a non-moderator account.

 

And get whined after for "hiding" behind a second account like AI's writers do? I don't think so. lol.gif

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple posts new notice saying Samsung didn't copy iPad on UK website