or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ūüĎ© In a more than 2 billion campaign, Sarah donates a measly $5,000.

ūüĎ© In a more than 2 billion campaign, Sarah donates a measly $5,000.

Poll Results: Is Sarah's late and tiny donation a ploy to help her run in 2016?

Poll expires: May 1, 2015  
  • 100% (1)
    YES!
  • 0% (0)
    No.
1 Total Vote  
post #1 of 20

She may as well have contributed nothing.

Does she want Romney to lose?

"Sarah Palin's political action committee gave $5,000 to Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's campaign on Wednesday.

"We must now look to this new team, the Romney/Ryan ticket, to provide an alternate vision of an America that is fiscally responsible, strong, and prosperous ‚Äď an America that understands and is proud of her exceptional place in the world and will respect those who fight to secure that exceptionalism, which includes keeping our promises to our veterans," Palin¬†said.

Palin wasn't always behind Romney's effort to become the Republican presidential nominee. Though she never gave a formal endorsement, she urged Republicans to vote for Newt Gingrich in January 2012."

~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/03/sarah-palin-mitt-romney_n_2068943.html

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 20

Team Obama is absolutely desperate to distract from his failed record.

Romney is winning more Republicans.

Romney is winning more Independents.

Obama is barely capturing 87% of his own party.

Obama is trying to become historic in a second way. He wants to become the first incumbent to win a second term with fewer states and voters supporting him.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Obama is trying to become historic in a second way. He wants to become the first incumbent to win a second term with fewer states and voters supporting him.

But trumpet, take a look around. Europe's seen massive slowdowns and job losses and Obama, through stimulus and bailouts, has managed to keep the US far ahead of them. But what's really remarkable is that unemployment is at 8% and he still is going to win this election in a landslide. Given the nature of American voters, that has to be in large part due to the weakness of the Repub party. Presidents with numbers like those, like you know, normally get hammered. 

post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

But trumpet, take a look around. Europe's seen massive slowdowns and job losses and Obama, through stimulus and bailouts, has managed to keep the US far ahead of them.

Actually, you have it backwards. Europe is ahead of the US. Europe is prologue. The "stimulus" and bailouts have simply kicked the can down the road. This is actually one of the reasons I can think of for wanting to see Obama re-elected. I think politicians should have to suffer through the results of their own policies. A second term for Obama gives us that chance that Obama will be marked with the failure he has heaped onto the US.

Quote:

But what's really remarkable is that unemployment is at 8% and he still is going to win this election in a landslide.

That will be interesting if it happens but nothing extraordinary. You seem to think that even if he were to win be a landslide, this makes him a good person or even a good president. It does nothing of the sort.

Quote:

Given the nature of American voters, that has to be in large part due to the weakness of the Repub party. Presidents with numbers like those, like you know, normally get hammered. 

Weakness in the opposition is certainly one argument. An ignorant and easily swayed American public is another. I don't put much stock in the American public's ability to select wisely here.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #5 of 20
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

But trumpet, take a look around. Europe's seen massive slowdowns and job losses and Obama, through stimulus and bailouts, has managed to keep the US far ahead of them. But what's really remarkable is that unemployment is at 8% and he still is going to win this election in a landslide. Given the nature of American voters, that has to be in large part due to the weakness of the Repub party. Presidents with numbers like those, like you know, normally get hammered. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227334/Scandinavian-countries-list-worlds-prosperous-nations--U-S-drops-time.html

Four more years, four more years!

post #6 of 20

I love to point out that the left cares far more about that woman than the right does.

post #7 of 20
Quote:

But trumpet, take a look around. Europe's seen massive slowdowns and job losses and Obama, through stimulus and bailouts, has managed to keep the US far ahead of them.

What does "far ahead" mean?  Europe is moving away from the failed liberal polices that Obama espouses.  And I can't help but noticing you're making excuses, just like Obama.  

Quote:
 But what's really remarkable is that unemployment is at 8% and he still is going to win this election in a landslide.

There is no way that will happen.  First, he's going to lose...probably in a landslide.  If he does win, it will be extremely close.  NO ONE is predicting an Obama landslide.  

Quote:
 Given the nature of American voters, that has to be in large part due to the weakness of the Repub party. Presidents with numbers like those, like you know, normally get hammered. 

See you Tuesday.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #8 of 20

By the way, why do you care how much SarahPAC donates?  

post #9 of 20

I'm sure if Obama wins no matter what the margin he'll claim a "mandate" for himself.

post #10 of 20

He deserves it with all the crap he went through in his presidency in 4 years.From Food Stamp President to not born here.Plain disgusting to hear this nonsense from the GOP Party.

post #11 of 20

In Canada, the maximum political donation one can make is a little over $1,100.

$5,000 seems fine, considering her PAC is probably more engaged in donating to local candidate races.

The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

In Canada, the maximum political donation one can make is a little over $1,100.

$5,000 seems fine, considering her PAC is probably more engaged in donating to local candidate races.

In the US it is $2,500. And yet...people seem to be regularly attending $10,000, $20,000 and $40,000 a plate "dinners."

post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

He deserves it with all the crap he went through in his presidency in 4 years.From Food Stamp President to not born here.Plain disgusting to hear this nonsense from the GOP Party.

He is the food stamp President.  And given is background (e,g. he for years claimed he was born in Kenya) it's not surprising there were questions about his birthplace.  

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

What does "far ahead" mean?  Europe is moving away from the failed liberal polices that Obama espouses.  And I can't help but noticing you're making excuses, just like Obama.  

There is no way that will happen.  First, he's going to lose...probably in a landslide.  If he does win, it will be extremely close.  NO ONE is predicting an Obama landslide.  

See you Tuesday.  

America has seen much stronger GDP growth than much of Europe. Nearly double in fact, somewhere around 2%, versus 1.1%. 

Obama will not get a win with a massive majority of the popular vote, but with the electoral college he'll be up close to where he was in 2008. You'd call that a landslide wouldn't you?

post #15 of 20
Quote:

By the way, why do you care how much SarahPAC donates?  

Because she's still a major force in your party and given the rocky road ahead, she'll play a major role in shifting the party away from RINO Romney's to a Tea Party platform, as she already has been doing in fact. No one was ever going to trust Romney to do that despite his panderings. Perhaps her and Ryan will be on the ticket in 16/20?

post #16 of 20
Quote:

Because she's still a major force in your party and given the rocky road ahead, she'll play a major role in shifting the party away from RINO Romney's to a Tea Party platform, as she already has been doing in fact. No one was ever going to trust Romney to do that despite his panderings. Perhaps her and Ryan will be on the ticket in 16/20?

eh ... not so much

post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

eh ... not so much

Really?

"Greta van Susteren had  this to say on her blog yesterday:

In the past few months, Governor Sarah Palin has had enormous success getting long shot candidates the nominations in their party.  No one has come close to influencing primaries as much as she has.  In major races, her endorsements have been credited with making the difference between who wins and who does not.  Here are some samples: Ted Cruz (Texas), Deb Fisher (Nebraska), Richard Mourdock (Indiana) and she was credited with having an influence on Senator Orrin Hatch winning a hotly contested primary in Utah.   She has just thrown her weight behind Sarah Steelman in Missouri…and people are now watching that race.

Ask yourself, does any single person in the Republican Party wield such influence with the Republican voters?  Perhaps Governor Romney and the RNC better give her a prominent speaking role at the convention?  "

post #18 of 20
Quote:

I just don't see what that has to do with anything.  

post #19 of 20
Quote:

I just don't see what that has to do with anything.  

Well, it doesn't bode well either for 16/20 does it?.

post #20 of 20
Quote:

Well, it doesn't bode well either for 16/20 does it?.

I don't see how it means anything whatsoever...certainly nothing to do with whether or not she runs/wins.  By the way, I'd rather not see her run.  Unless she was naked. ;) 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ūüĎ© In a more than 2 billion campaign, Sarah donates a measly $5,000.