or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple announces 3M sales of iPad mini, fourth-gen iPad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple announces 3M sales of iPad mini, fourth-gen iPad - Page 5

post #161 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Until of course the mini gets a Retina screen too.

there is this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5452?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I want to know how many Apple sold of each color? Why aren't they telling us? What do they have to hide? Why didn't they call the Kindle Fire HD an act of terror right away?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #162 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

What which comments I said Steve made did I make up? The only claimed quotes that are being claimed from Steve that are false have been from you and you comments that 7.9" equals 7", that "current crop" means all tablets around today, and that the iPad mini is great tablet UI when compared to the full size iPad.

Your scenario was obviously made up and I never mentioned 7" tablets, only that 10" was the minimum size for tablet apps. Which you still haven't told me what that entire sentence means to you. I know you have always been pro a smaller tablet but many here ridiculed any tablet that wasn't around 10".
Edited by dasanman69 - 11/5/12 at 10:31am
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #163 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Your scenario was obviously made up.

Um, yeah, what part of 'scenario' did you not understand?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #164 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by thataveragejoe View Post

Not sure why people are constantly nagging on the Nexus...it's not even close as competition, Amazon should be your focus. Good thing all the 'experts' here don't actually run Apple. 

Eh. Kindle Fire doesn't feel that durable. It does look nice. I tried to see what it sounds like, but there was no sample media loaded onto the display model. I forgot to check if there was a way to go to their internet store and play sample from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewyboy View Post

Lets remember folks that Apple does NOT do a breakdown of sales in each category. iPhone, Macbooks, and now iPads... they have not and will not break it down. It has nothing to do with sales at all. It's simply company operating standards.

On the topic of Amazon and reporting, Apple is far better than Amazon doesn't say how may Kindles sold, period. The best they give is "we sold a LOT!", which is really just smoke and mirrors, because there is no way to know if a lot is 100k or 100M units. If I were an AMZN shareholder, I'd be nervous about the lack of figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post


amazing how most pundits miss what should be obvious - the mini is going to become Apple's top selling iPad, and reinforce its overall tablet leadership.



the pundits carp about the screen. even tho it's actually a very good screen, better than the iPad 2, which is still very adequate (i have one). because it's not the latest and greatest retina quality.


Didn't the pundits say the "Retina" resolution was overkill? Gotta go find one and see what said pundit thought of the Google 10" tablet.

Edited by JeffDM - 11/5/12 at 10:37am
post #165 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Until of course the mini gets a Retina screen too.

there is this:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5452?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I want to know how many Apple sold of each color? Why aren't they telling us? What do they have to hide? Why didn't they call the Kindle Fire HD an act of terror right away?

 

When did they know, and what did they know it?

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #166 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Eh. Kindle Fire doesn't feel that impressive. It looks nice. I tried to see what it sounds like, but there was no media on the display model.

A couple things about the Kindle Fire HD that don't get mentioned is that 1) The $199 entry price is which ads, and 2) They have an unusual pricing structure for doubling the capacity that range from $50, $70 to $100 depending on the physical size of the device and if it has Cellular or not. If Apple did those things just imagine the uproar.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #167 of 234
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post
obvious - the mini is going to become Apple's top selling iPad…

 

Why would that be obvious?

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #168 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I just got my iPad 4 and love it. I can't wait for the next generation of apps to take advantage of the smoking fast processor.

 

Is this how it works? 

 

"wow, my new iPad absolutely smokes all my Apps. Hey developers, quick, make me some new apps that I didn't know I wanted that are more awesomer."

 

Is this what life has become in the brave new world?

post #169 of 234
It's safe to assume MOST of these sales are from the Mini, as I doubt many ran out to buy the new iPad. Off to an amazing start, as expected, and naturally all this 'noone wants a mini', 'weak demand', horse-shit the media has been running has been just that- horse-shit.
post #170 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Now you're being dense, the exact quote is "10" screen is the minimum size required to create great tablet apps".

No, he said the current crop of 7" Android tablets were DOA.

 

He was 100% correct.

post #171 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post
obvious - the mini is going to become Apple's top selling iPad…

 

Why would that be obvious?

Using the rationale that iPad mini sold out and iPad 4 did not, at least as far as we know. It may not be irrefutable logic, but it makes sense to me.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #172 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why would that be obvious?

Because it's less expensive and more portable. One can buy 3 minis for less than 2 iPads.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #173 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

... they will buy a ton of them for holiday gifts. no one will feel bad when they unwrap that present!

what Apple did was deliver a V.1 mini that was ready to go now at a price level it intends to maintain for every new mini model in the future, using mostly iPad 2 internals in a new shell to avoid delay. it will sell everyone of those Foxconn can make the rest of this year anyway, so there is no good market reason to charge less.

then pretty early next year - March? - Apple will introduce the V.2 mini with a 326 dpi retina display and A6 chip when screen makers and Foxconn are ready for its volume production. its $330 price will be the same, and this V.1 mini's price will drop to, for example, $250. this price segmentation by model generation is what Apple has done with the iPad, iPod touch, and the iPhone, so it should be obvious that's what it plans for the mini too.

that V.2 mini will be the real "killer" product - pretty close to perfect for a lot of people - and become not only the #1 iPad, but the #1 tablet, period.

(yes, i'm waiting for that one.)

 

 

Absolutely agree.  I've said all along that the mini is a huge market, but that it'll take some time for people to warm up to the idea of a smaller tablet screen.  Just wait 'til more people get their hands on a mini to demo (esp cellular models)...sales will be red hot!

 

For AAPL, it would be even better to get a chunk of the cellular profits as well...I can see most users wanting (nearly) always on 3G/4G celluar connection for their mini.  I abhor watching large wireless corporations rake in profits due to inflation of data service pricing.

post #174 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

No, he said the current crop of 7" Android tablets were DOA.

He was 100% correct.

He said both and was wrong both times.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #175 of 234
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Because it's less expensive and more portable. One can buy 3 minis for less than 2 iPads.

 

Guess the iPod shuffle is the best-selling iPod.

 

Guess 7" Android tablets will sell better than the iPad mini, too!

 

"It's based on more than that."

YEAH, it's based on more than that; it's based on usability and utility, too.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #176 of 234

Apple is one of the stock most owned by hedge funds.

 

What do you do with healthy stocks that will eventually go up again when the healthy numbers shows up?

You do things to lower their current values, buy some shares, so when the rumours evaporates you make a larger profit.

 

It is the volatility of AAPL that makes it interesting for so called investors, it wouldn't be so interesting if it was only going up.

Some of them even sell large stock quantities to make it dip, just to buy them back when they are at their lowest.

 

With all those analyst wannabes, it is just so easy to influence AAPL stock value with just a fee rumours.

For years now, everything is used as a prediction to Apple failure, at least for a couple of hours, days or weeks, just the time needed for "investors" to make a bit more money.

post #177 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Guess the iPod shuffle is the best-selling iPod.

Guess 7" Android tablets will sell better than the iPad mini, too!

"It's based on more than that."


YEAH, it's based on more than that; it's based on usability and utility, too.

And how much less usable is the iPad mini to the iPad? The shuffle is a bad example it offered very little compared to the iPod, and obviously anyone heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem isn't going to buy a Android tablet no matter what size it is or what it offers.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #178 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It makes no sense for Apple to break it down exactly, so that all of the copycats can know.

 

Has any Android manufacturer ever in the history of the world ever reported how many they sold in an opening weekend? 

They have never reported how many they have sold. Period. lol.gif

post #179 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

 

Best post on this thread, IMO!

Strange... We actually agree, which you may have noticed when quoting it if you checked who gave it the thumbs-up.1smoking.gif

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #180 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

 

Is this how it works? 

 

"wow, my new iPad absolutely smokes all my Apps. Hey developers, quick, make me some new apps that I didn't know I wanted that are more awesomer."

 

Is this what life has become in the brave new world?

Yes? 1rolleyes.gif

post #181 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

They had two new products within the iPad category for this weekend and that's what they commented on. There history is usually just one new product within a category so that's what they comment on.

Agreed. Anything more would be unnecessarily providing the competition (and analysts) more information than they need.

 

If they want it, they should do their own business intelligence. (Which, I am sure they do; which, I am guessing has led to much sobbing in Seoul and Seattle in the past few hours).

post #182 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

IMHO Apple declining to state weekend sales for the Mini is probably an indication there just weren't very many to sell (rather than no one wanted them). Not Apple-like to avoid announcing product launch figures if they're good. My completely uneducated guess is that fewer than 1M Mini's went home with new owners.

 

It's better than Microsoft's report on the early sales of Surface. Seen that?

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply
post #183 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

They have never reported how many they have sold. Period. lol.gif

 

Good point. A few months back I tried to find Samsung numbers and couldn't. If they are out there, they aren't anywhere easy to find.

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply
post #184 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdonisSMU View Post

theyve said they wouldnt do a lot of things theyve done. That doesnt matter. That stuff is what you call marketing. I wanted a 7 inch tablet even before steve jobs made that comment and I knew apple was going to release one. They were just trying to throw competitors off the trail and protect their current product.

 

Actually, the ipad mini is not a 7" tablet.  The fact that is 7.9 with a 4:3 ratio makes a great tablet. When using a 7" you really feel you are handling a compromise device.   The mini is every inch an ipad indeed.

 

And because the mini has the same height as the Nexus 7, they both display the same screen size when watching a 16:9 movie.

post #185 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Guess the iPod shuffle is the best-selling iPod.

 

Guess 7" Android tablets will sell better than the iPad mini, too!

 

"It's based on more than that."

YEAH, it's based on more than that; it's based on usability and utility, too.

No TS, you are wrong. It will become the best selling iPad. Because it offers the same experience (or close enough for most people) in a smaller lighter and cheaper package. When everything else is equal, size, portability and price matter. It won't suit everyone but the new iPad is what the 13" MBP is to the 15" MBP. 

 

I know you HATE to be wrong... but I'm sorry.

post #186 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

It's safe to assume MOST of these sales are from the Mini, as I doubt many ran out to buy the new iPad. Off to an amazing start, as expected, and naturally all this 'noone wants a mini', 'weak demand', horse-shit the media has been running has been just that- horse-shit.

 

Had they made some tiny numbers like 1,000 minis and most of the sales were the new big iPad, they wouldn't be rushing to make more.

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply

Philip Machanick creator of Opinionations and Green Grahamstown
Department of Computer Science, Rhodes University, South Africa

Reply
post #187 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post
obvious - the mini is going to become Apple's top selling iPad…

 

Why would that be obvious?

Using the rationale that iPad mini sold out and iPad 4 did not, at least as far as we know. It may not be irrefutable logic, but it makes sense to me.

 

Schools, doctors, waiters, travel agents, salesmen... to name a few in business.

 

Moms, kids, non-techies... to name a few in consumers.

 

One of my grandkids (who has an iPad 2) wants a mini so she can "cuddle it".

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #188 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewys808 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

... they will buy a ton of them for holiday gifts. no one will feel bad when they unwrap that present!

what Apple did was deliver a V.1 mini that was ready to go now at a price level it intends to maintain for every new mini model in the future, using mostly iPad 2 internals in a new shell to avoid delay. it will sell everyone of those Foxconn can make the rest of this year anyway, so there is no good market reason to charge less.

then pretty early next year - March? - Apple will introduce the V.2 mini with a 326 dpi retina display and A6 chip when screen makers and Foxconn are ready for its volume production. its $330 price will be the same, and this V.1 mini's price will drop to, for example, $250. this price segmentation by model generation is what Apple has done with the iPad, iPod touch, and the iPhone, so it should be obvious that's what it plans for the mini too.

that V.2 mini will be the real "killer" product - pretty close to perfect for a lot of people - and become not only the #1 iPad, but the #1 tablet, period.

(yes, i'm waiting for that one.)

 

 

Absolutely agree.  I've said all along that the mini is a huge market, but that it'll take some time for people to warm up to the idea of a smaller tablet screen.  Just wait 'til more people get their hands on a mini to demo (esp cellular models)...sales will be red hot!

 

For AAPL, it would be even better to get a chunk of the cellular profits as well...I can see most users wanting (nearly) always on 3G/4G celluar connection for their mini.  I abhor watching large wireless corporations rake in profits due to inflation of data service pricing.

 

Mmmm.... I agree with everything, especially the 4G cellular.  My oldest grandson has had his iPhone 5 for a month...  Got the first bill...  $540 of LTE data charges...

 

No unlimited 4G data on ATT...

 

It turns out several popular games require continuous internet connection.  He would pass the time in the car, waiting somewhere, etc. playing these games.

 

Maybe time for a US MVNO,

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #189 of 234
Originally Posted by paxman View Post
No TS, you are wrong. It will become the best selling iPad.

 

Seems odd that you know exactly what the future's like. And for more reasons than the aleph-null minus one number of possibilities of futures.

 

Because it offers the same experience (or close enough for most people)…

 

Ah, but it doesn't. If you need to do any work, the regular iPad is the one to get.

 

…the new iPad is what the 13" MBP is to the 15" MBP. 

 

So the 13" MacBook Pro's keyboard(s) are of different sizes than the 15" MacBook Pro's keyboard(s)?

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #190 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

 

Mmmm.... I agree with everything, especially the 4G cellular.  My oldest grandson has had his iPhone 5 for a month...  Got the first bill...  $540 of LTE data charges...

 

No unlimited 4G data on ATT...

 

It turns out several popular games require continuous internet connection.  He would pass the time in the car, waiting somewhere, etc. playing these games.

 

Maybe time for a US MVNO,


...YES, I agree!...and that's why in its CURRENT form, data/cellular cost is almost unbearable.  There really needs to be a dramatic change in wireless data services.  Most Americans (pardon my USA-only comment) would agree that data services here is subpar (i.e. bad LOS and high costs) and it will only get worse unless there is a shake-up in the industry.  Would be interesting if Apple could instigate a positive change to the industry!...positive for consumers, that is.

post #191 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I know you HATE to be wrong... but I'm sorry.

Yep! He's been wrong on the mini for the entire year since the first rumors started. First he said Apple would never do it because it was a bad idea. Then when it was announced he said it was still a bad idea and Apple is making a mistake. Now that it has sold out on launch, he still thinks it is a bad idea and the full size iPad will out sell the mini. Let's give him another year just to be sure.

 

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #192 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Yep! He's been wrong on the mini for the entire year since the first rumors started. First he said Apple would never do it because it was a bad idea. Then when it was announced he said it was still a bad idea and Apple is making a mistake. Now that it has sold out on launch, he still thinks it is a bad idea and the full size iPad will out sell the mini. Let's give him another year just to be sure.



TS would rather starve to death before eating crow.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #193 of 234
Originally Posted by mstone View Post
Yep!

 

Again, I'm interested in how you can say this about the iPad mini. 

 

The regular iPad will be purchased for work, the mini for… what? People who thought they wanted a smaller eReader. 

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #194 of 234

I was one of those people that was an early skeptic of the viability of a smaller iPad.  Then, I began to think maybe -- but it had to be price competitive, say, $249 for a 16 GB model...

 

I was wrong!  As soon as you get your hands on an iPad Mini, you realize that this is the "best seller" tablet for the next few years.  It is a perfect combination of utility, quality and desirability... and the price is secondary -- when it is what you want!

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #195 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Again, I'm interested in how you can say this about the iPad mini. 

The regular iPad will be purchased for work, the mini for… what? People who thought they wanted a smaller eReader. 

I'd say for work, too. In fact, I'd say that the smaller size and lower cost make it much more ideal for types of work with very specific tasks in mind. Now, if it's going to be your primary way to use the internet in a Post PC world I would recommend the 9.7" model but for many work environments and for many users the 7.9" model might be just fine.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #196 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Again, I'm interested in how you can say this about the iPad mini. 

 

The regular iPad will be purchased for work, the mini for… what? People who thought they wanted a smaller eReader. 

Like I said, I think you are wrong but let's give it some time. You may be right. The iPad mini might end up being a flop after all but I don't think Las Vegas would be giving you very good odds on this one.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #197 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Again, I'm interested in how you can say this about the iPad mini. 

 

The regular iPad will be purchased for work, the mini for… what? People who thought they wanted a smaller eReader. 


What?!  Please, stop burying your head in the sand.  There are a plethora of professions that could use a smaller form function than the 9.7" iPad.

post #198 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewys808 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Again, I'm interested in how you can say this about the iPad mini. 

 

The regular iPad will be purchased for work, the mini for… what? People who thought they wanted a smaller eReader. 


What?!  Please, stop burying your head in the sand.  There are a plethora of professions that could use a smaller form function than the 9.7" iPad.

Yeah the motorcycle cop can write you an e-ticket. Press the "I agree button". Saves him time at the end of the shift since it already synced the license plate, GPS and time with the court computer. Free app idea!

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #199 of 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

...then pretty early next year - March? - Apple will introduce the V.2 mini with a 326 dpi retina display and A6 chip when screen makers and Foxconn are ready for its volume production. its $330 price will be the same, and this V.1 mini's price will drop to, for example, $250.
 

This is what is holding back sales as well...the fact that many think that retina display will be available next year at same cost (and without any negative tradeoffs, like battery life or processing).  Many will not buy immediately but will wait 'til next year.

 

Let's see if Apple marketing can convince most to ignore that.

 

Keep in mind that this is a VERY DIFFERENT argument than TS's (i.e. that people just don't want a mini because it's too small, not functional, etc, etc).

post #200 of 234

SOT:

 

Has anyone seen any reports of WART Surface sales numbers?

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple announces 3M sales of iPad mini, fourth-gen iPad