or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › I Don't Recognize My Country Anymore
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I Don't Recognize My Country Anymore - Page 2

post #41 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I've seen this a fair bit... but there's a yawning discontinuity at the top of the circle because the 'neocon' and 'progressive' positions are miles apart.

 

I disagree. But, if we use the X/Y chart...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

The x/y diagram below (imho) is somewhat little more representative..... and the huge majority of politicians (from both major parties) lay somewhere in the blue section.

 

 

I disagree that they are all in the blue section, but they are all above the X-axis.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #42 of 455

Bullshit they are.  Perspective man.  Get some.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #43 of 455
The betting markets consistently had Romney pegged at around 5/1 during the weeks and days leading up to the election. Anyone who thought Romney had any chance needs to find a better and less biased source of information in future.
post #44 of 455
Quote:

 

Cheer Up, Republicans

You’re going to have a moderate Republican president for the next four years: Barack Obama.

 

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/frame_game/2012/11/obama_the_moderate_republican_what_the_2012_election_should_teach_the_gop.html?msn

 

 

 

Quote:

Cheer up. The guy we just re-elected is a moderate Republican.

I know how stupid that sounds. Barack Obama is the head of the Democratic Party. For five years, conservative politicians and media told you he was a raving socialist. In the heat of the campaign, when you’re trying to beat the guy, it’s hard to let go of that image of him, just as it’s hard for Democrats to see past the caricatures of Mitt Romney. But now that the campaign is over and you’re staring at a second Obama term, the falsity of the propaganda may come as a relief. By and large, Obama’s instincts are the instincts of a moderate Republican. His policies are the policies of a moderate Republican. He stands where the GOP used to stand and will someday stand again.

 

Cheer up.1biggrin.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #45 of 455

Why can't those Republicans understand that if Obama were every bit the socialist they make him out to be, the American Left would not have been so disillusioned and so filled with apathy in 2010, only to snap out of it enough when faced with the potential reality of a Romney presidency?  

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #46 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

 

1.  It's not a tirade.  

 

2.  What is "not true?" I wrote about my feelings on the outcome.  I wrote about facts such as trillion dollar deficits and the fact that Obama was a "community organizer."  Tell me what you view as untrue.  

 

3.  The deceits?  Oh, do tell.  And by all means, ignore that our President is a liar.  As for Romney, I have no complains about his campaign other than I would have liked to see him call out Obama on Benghazi, Fast and Furious as well as propose a more aggressive tax restructuring.  

 

 

 

Secondly, the polls were wrong in many respects, particularly the national popular vote (Rasmussen and Gallup both had Romney up by 1..he lost by about 2).  The polls showed Romney even with women...he lost women by a sizable margin.  The rest of it was turnout.  Morris and Rove were wrong about turnout, which they predicted would be more like 2000 and 2004 than 2008.  As Morris wrote this morning, he was wrong.  

 

You know what? 

 

There's no point.

 

No point arguing about facts with you, because facts just don't matter to you.

 

Romney lies about shipping Jeep jobs to China. CEO says, "Please stop saying that, it's not true." Romney puts it on more ads. SDW calls Obama a liar and says he has no problems with Romney's campaign.

 

All polls are reflected in national vote within the margin of error. Aggregate of all polls is exactly, to the electoral college vote, on the nose. SDW says the polls were "out by 5%."

 

Sorry, "out by at least 5%."

 

Facts just don't matter to you. You live in a parallel universe to the facts.

post #47 of 455

What screwed Romney up was Gingrich cracks about him the the summer debates.
 

post #48 of 455
Romney's biggest mistakes were having something so damning about his tax returns that not releasing them at all was the less risky option, never explaining what the unnamed cuts were in R/R economic plan, alienating a majority of every single voter demographic that wasn't white and male and Christian, and lying repeatedly (Jeep, I mean seriously!?)

Oh, that, and basically being a douche.
post #49 of 455

This column explains this very thread perfectly, as well as life, the universe, and well, uh... everything.

 

"But most of all, I suspect that the election results must be other-world mortifying to those radical far right Republicans who are so pissed off that everything they stand for has been repudiated. In a terrible economy, with 7.9 unemployment, a $16 trillion national debt and a $1 trillion budget deficit, Barack Obama still beat Republicans and won re-election. After lambasting Barack Obama for four years as a Socialist, Nazi, Muslim, terrorist Kenyan; calling him "retarded," "lazy" and "stupid;" using racist innuendos to surreptitiously demean him, and making defeating him the Number One priority for four years, the Republican Party still couldn't defeat Barack Obama. After all this, after all they've been doing for four years to enrage the American public... the American public wasn't enraged. In fact, for all that, the mere fact that Barack Obama actually got re-elected President of the United States is one of the more remarkable victories and testaments of support (and renunciation of conservative agendas) as we've seen in America."

post #50 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

This column explains this very thread perfectly, as well as life, the universe, and well, uh... everything.

 

"But most of all, I suspect that the election results must be other-world mortifying to those radical far right Republicans who are so pissed off that everything they stand for has been repudiated. In a terrible economy, with 7.9 unemployment, a $16 trillion national debt and a $1 trillion budget deficit, Barack Obama still beat Republicans and won re-election. After lambasting Barack Obama for four years as a Socialist, Nazi, Muslim, terrorist Kenyan; calling him "retarded," "lazy" and "stupid;" using racist innuendos to surreptitiously demean him, and making defeating him the Number One priority for four years, the Republican Party still couldn't defeat Barack Obama. After all this, after all they've been doing for four years to enrage the American public... the American public wasn't enraged. In fact, for all that, the mere fact that Barack Obama actually got re-elected President of the United States is one of the more remarkable victories and testaments of support (and renunciation of conservative agendas) as we've seen in America."

Spot on! 

"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #51 of 455

Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone'

 

Quote:
Rep. Ron Paul, whose maverick presidential bids shook the GOP, said in the wake of this week's elections that the country has already veered over the fiscal cliff and he sees no chance of righting ship in a country where too many people are dependent on government.
 
"We're so far gone. We're over the cliff," the Texas Republican told Bloomberg Television's "In the Loop" program. "We cannot get enough people in Congress in the next 5-10 years who will do wise things."
 
Mr. Paul, who is retiring after 12 terms in the House, said voters on Tuesday rejected Mitt Romney because he had opposed the government bailout of General Motors and Chrysler.
 
"The people in the Midwest voted against him: 'Oh, we have to be taken care of!' So that vote was sort of like what we are laughing at in Greece," Mr. Paul said.
 
"People do not want anything cut," he said. "They want all the bailouts to come. They want the Fed to keep printing money. They do not believe we have gone off the cliff or are close to going off the cliff. They think we can patch it over, that we can somehow come up with a magic solution."
 
He added, "You cannot have a budgetary solution if you do not change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to please the world and run this welfare state, all we will argue about is who will get the loot."

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #52 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone'

 

Quote:
Rep. Ron Paul, whose maverick presidential bids shook the GOP, said in the wake of this week's elections that the country has already veered over the fiscal cliff and he sees no chance of righting ship in a country where too many people are dependent on government.
 
"We're so far gone. We're over the cliff," the Texas Republican told Bloomberg Television's "In the Loop" program. "We cannot get enough people in Congress in the next 5-10 years who will do wise things."
 
Mr. Paul, who is retiring after 12 terms in the House, said voters on Tuesday rejected Mitt Romney because he had opposed the government bailout of General Motors and Chrysler.
 
"The people in the Midwest voted against him: 'Oh, we have to be taken care of!' So that vote was sort of like what we are laughing at in Greece," Mr. Paul said.
 
"People do not want anything cut," he said. "They want all the bailouts to come. They want the Fed to keep printing money. They do not believe we have gone off the cliff or are close to going off the cliff. They think we can patch it over, that we can somehow come up with a magic solution."
 
He added, "You cannot have a budgetary solution if you do not change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to please the world and run this welfare state, all we will argue about is who will get the loot."

Thank you for your opinion Mr. Paul.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #53 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Thank you for your opinion Mr. Paul.

 

Dr. Paul.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #54 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Thank you for your opinion Mr. Paul.

 

Dr. Paul.

Sorry. Thank you for your opinion  Dr. Paul. If I need surgery I might call you.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #55 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sorry. Thank you for your opinion  Dr. Paul. If I need surgery I might call you.

 

Um...he's an obstetrician-gynecologist.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #56 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Sorry. Thank you for your opinion  Dr. Paul. If I need surgery I might call you.

 

Um...he's an obstetrician-gynecologist.

He's also a flight surgeon :

 

Quote:
Paul served as a flight surgeon in the United States Air Force from 1963 to 1965 and then in the United States Air National Guard from 1965 to 1968.[11]

Paul and his wife then relocated to Texas, where he began a private practice in obstetrics and gynecology.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

 

I used that because I doubt I'll need the other. Actually if you read the whole thing he's had a very long medical career.1wink.gif

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #57 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

He's also a flight surgeon :

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

 

I used that because I doubt I'll need the other. Actually if you read the whole thing he's had a very long medical career.1wink.gif

 

You trust him with your life but not your country. Interesting.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #58 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

He's also a flight surgeon :

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul

 

I used that because I doubt I'll need the other. Actually if you read the whole thing he's had a very long medical career.1wink.gif

 

You trust him with your life but not your country. Interesting.

Ok it's the famous Libertarian tag team. I'm wasting my day here.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #59 of 455

A couple of other perspectives:

 

Democrats Are the Silent Majority—For Now:

 

Quote:
Don't get too depressed, Republicans; the national decline will be divvied up justly. After all, in a liberal nation, there is no higher calling than fairness.
 
And a liberal nation it is. The electorate is complicated, and factors of culture and geography can dictate party identification more than any specific policy. And yes, the Republicans rolled out some ghastly candidates. But that shouldn't fool anyone; there's been a fundamental shift in how Americans view government's role in society, and the GOP is losing the argument.

There was no theoretical hope peddling this time around. There was a record. And Barack Obama also promised the most explicitly left-wing agenda in presidential history—more government, more taxes, more dependency, more bailouts, more regulations—and he won easily. He promised universal health care, more crony "investments" in proven economic losers, more interference in markets—yet he cruised.

Conservatives may be shocked by statist slogans such as the Democratic National Convention's "government's the only thing that we all belong to," and they may be scandalized when they hear a candidate say "you didn't build that," but their neighbors ... well, not so much.

 

 

Some post-election cheer and encouragement:

 

Quote:
The fact that Obama won despite these handicaps is the source, I think, of most people’s despair. It’s not that they dread the policies of the next four years. It’s that this election has revealed that the American people chose someone who wants the US to be more like Europe–more statist and paternalistic. I have heard people who feel like giving up. If we can’t beat this guy, it’s over. We’re on the road to serfdom. Could be. But I think the glass is more half-full than half-empty. So here is some cheer for those of you who are pessimistic about the future.

Yes, a little over half of the people who voted, a little over 60 million people, thought Obama deserved a second term. But about 59 million (the combined Romney and Gary Johnson votes) disagreed. That’s pretty close. Politics is winner-take-all, a zero-sum game. But those totals tell you just how close it was and how little it will take to change the outcome.

 

Quote:
The lesson I learn is that we have work to do. It’s our job to speak up and educate and cajole others about what we lose when government gets bigger. It’s our job to help people understand that the civil society that emerges from the bottom up is better than the coercive dictates decreed from the top down. The better we do that, the higher the chance of a candidate out there who understands these idea and who has a decent chance of winning. We, the people, help determine which candidates emerge and what they stand for.

 

Quote:
So don’t despair. Get to work, instead. And along the way, make lots of time for the joys of life. Don’t let the resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue affect the sweetness of all those roses on whatever road we’re heading down.

 

Amen.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #60 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

A couple of other perspectives:

Democrats Are the Silent Majority—For Now:
Quote:
Don't get too depressed, Republicans; the national decline will be divvied up justly. After all, in a liberal nation, there is no higher calling than fairness.
 
And a liberal nation it is. The electorate is complicated, and factors of culture and geography can dictate party identification more than any specific policy. And yes, the Republicans rolled out some ghastly candidates. But that shouldn't fool anyone; there's been a fundamental shift in how Americans view government's role in society, and the GOP is losing the argument.


There was no theoretical hope peddling this time around. There was a record. And Barack Obama also promised the most explicitly left-wing agenda in presidential history—more government, more taxes, more dependency, more bailouts, more regulations—and he won easily. He promised universal health care, more crony "investments" in proven economic losers, more interference in markets—yet he cruised.

Conservatives may be shocked by statist slogans such as the Democratic National Convention's "government's the only thing that we all belong to," and they may be scandalized when they hear a candidate say "you didn't build that," but their neighbors ... well, not so much.


Some post-election cheer and encouragement:
Quote:
The fact that Obama won despite these handicaps is the source, I think, of most people’s despair. It’s not that they dread the policies of the next four years. It’s that this election has revealed that the American people chose someone who wants the US to be more like Europe–more statist and paternalistic. I have heard people who feel like giving up. If we can’t beat this guy, it’s over. We’re on the road to serfdom. Could be. But I think the glass is more half-full than half-empty. So here is some cheer for those of you who are pessimistic about the future.

Yes, a little over half of the people who voted, a little over 60 million people, thought Obama deserved a second term. But about 59 million (the combined Romney and Gary Johnson votes) disagreed. That’s pretty close. Politics is winner-take-all, a zero-sum game. But those totals tell you just how close it was and how little it will take to change the outcome.
Quote:
The lesson I learn is that we have work to do. It’s our job to speak up and educate and cajole others about what we lose when government gets bigger. It’s our job to help people understand that the civil society that emerges from the bottom up is better than the coercive dictates decreed from the top down. The better we do that, the higher the chance of a candidate out there who understands these idea and who has a decent chance of winning. We, the people, help determine which candidates emerge and what they stand for.
Quote:
So don’t despair. Get to work, instead. And along the way, make lots of time for the joys of life. Don’t let the resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue affect the sweetness of all those roses on whatever road we’re heading down.

Amen.

I am seldom driven simply to pass opinion on posts but I have to say - that is obnoxious, arrogant bullshit.
post #61 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post


I am seldom driven simply to pass opinion on posts but I have to say - that is obnoxious, arrogant bullshit.

 

Well, thanks for sharing your obnoxious, arrogant bullshit opinion.

 

P.S. I notice that you didn't even bother to try and refute any claims that were made or even offer what you think is "obnoxious" or "arrogant" or "bullshit." I suspect it's probably because you didn't even take the time to really read it all.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #62 of 455

Long time no see, y'all. i just came by to collect gallons of all your delicious, delicious salty conservative tears. Conservative tears make the best brine for my special pickles. Oh look, I'm full already!

 

Tootles!

post #63 of 455

Was that a drive-by gloating?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #64 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I am seldom driven simply to pass opinion on posts but I have to say - that is obnoxious, arrogant bullshit.

Well, thanks for sharing your obnoxious, arrogant bullshit opinion.

P.S. I notice that you didn't even bother to try and refute any claims that were made or even offer what you think is "obnoxious" or "arrogant" or "bullshit." I suspect it's probably because you didn't even take the time to really read it all.

No, I read it quite carefully, twice in fact, before regretfully coming to that conclusion. And no, I didn't bother to dignify it with a detailed response, and I do not intend to.

You appear to be implying that regarding something as obnoxious and arrogant is itself, by definition, obnoxious and arrogant. Is that what you meant?
post #65 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

And no, I didn't bother to dignify it with a detailed response, and I do not intend to.

 

Of course not. 1rolleyes.gif

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #66 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Holy ****. The irony meter just broke again.

 

 

 

And look, we have a straw man too!

 

 

lol.gif

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #67 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

 

Holy ****. The irony meter just broke again.

 

 

 

And look, we have a straw man too!

 

 

lol.gif

I'm glad you found something to laugh at. Maybe you'll drop some of that post election hate now.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Reply
post #68 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Romney's biggest mistakes were having something so damning about his tax returns that not releasing them at all was the less risky option, never explaining what the unnamed cuts were in R/R economic plan, alienating a majority of every single voter demographic that wasn't white and male and Christian, and lying repeatedly (Jeep, I mean seriously!?)
Oh, that, and basically being a douche.

 

1.  The tax return thing is just stupid.  It's nothing but concocted liberal media bullshit.  He's rich.  No crap.  

 

2.  The cuts didn't need to be enumerated like that, nor is that why he lost the election.  

 

3.  He didn't alienate them...the media and the Democratic party did that.  Romney is not a racist, or a woman-hater, or someone that wants to implement radical right wing social policies.  You also had nearly universal minority support for our first black President.  

 

4.  Oh stop with the lying meme.  Romney didn't lie.  He mistakenly said "all production" in a stump speech.  The ad he ran was 100% accurate.  Was it a bit misleading?  Sure.  But it pales in comparison to our lying liar of a President.  #Benghazi.   

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #69 of 455
Because we all know... Europe is such a terrible place to live and work in, especially those Socialist countries like Denmark and the Netherlands!

I've lived in the US. I've lived in Europe. I've lived for 17 years in a place with non means-tested free healthcare, no guns, heavily subsidized housing and budget surpluses. And let me tell you, it's clear where the people are the least happy. It's clear which nations are on the downturn.
Edited by tonton - 11/8/12 at 4:43pm
post #70 of 455
What exactly did Obama lie about with regard to Benghazi? Please elaborate. Oh! The emails that New Gingrich was talking about! Now there's a reliable source. I bet those emails will be released any day now...

But without those mythical emails, there is no lie (unless there are no emails after all). Just a failed smear campaign.
post #71 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I'm glad you found something to laugh at. Maybe you'll drop some of that post election hate now.

 

I don't have any post-election hate. No idea what you're talking about. Projecting maybe?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #72 of 455
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

What exactly did Obama lie about with regard to Benghazi? Please elaborate. Oh! The emails that New Gingrich was talking about! Now there's a reliable source. I bet those emails will be released any day now...
But without those mythical emails, there is no lie (unless there are no emails after all). Just a failed smear campaign.

 

You have to be kidding me.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #73 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

What exactly did Obama lie about with regard to Benghazi? Please elaborate. Oh! The emails that New Gingrich was talking about! Now there's a reliable source. I bet those emails will be released any day now...

But without those mythical emails, there is no lie (unless there are no emails after all). Just a failed smear campaign.

You have to be kidding me.  

I'm being serious. What did he lie about? Go ahead. Educate me. In all seriousness perhaps I've missed something that's been in the news recently, or even something that hasn't been in the news that shows some proof, and not merely an accusation. In which case I'll humbly concede the point.
Edited by tonton - 11/8/12 at 5:38pm
post #74 of 455
Thread Starter 
Calling it terror? Blaming it on a non existent mob when he KNEW it wasn't a result of such? Shifting stories over weeks? Come on.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #75 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Calling it terror? Blaming it on a non existent mob when he KNEW it wasn't a result of such? Shifting stories over weeks? Come on.

That was Bush's fault.

post #76 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Calling it terror? Blaming it on a non existent mob when he KNEW it wasn't a result of such? Shifting stories over weeks? Come on.

And also ... Impugning the first amendment. Caving to radical islam's calls for the video maker's arrest.

post #77 of 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Calling it terror? Blaming it on a non existent mob when he KNEW it wasn't a result of such? Shifting stories over weeks? Come on.

So which one of those is a lie?

Now let's see if you can be truthful, shall we?

Do we really "know" that Obama "knew" that there was no reactionary mob?

Not a lie until we can prove that.

We do know that Romney "knew" that Chrysler wasn't moving ANY Jeep production to China. Romney's ad was NOT accurate. Adding a new production line is not "moving" anything. And Romney knew this. And he ran the ad. A lie.
post #78 of 455

Nice to see those cute kids who owe a gazillion dollars in debt already. I feel like an alien in my own country. I have a totally different view of what government should and should not be than the Obama voter. The US is sadly no different now than the has-been powers in Europe.  

 

I am a citizen of the US officially but that is it. My country left me behind. It has been a slow decline but Tuesday made it official. No turning back. Not angry. Just sad.

post #79 of 455
eU7pt.jpg

You don't recognize your party's failures, when they slap you in the face like a helpless bitch that was just asking for it, the way she was dressed. At least something good came out of that slut, she got pregnant (must have wanted it or her body would have 'shut down' the system), and The Lord Jesus can bless this world with a wonderful child. Praise God.
post #80 of 455
Thread Starter 
1. Obama did know. They saw the feed live. He claimed he called it terror the next day. Was he lying then? Or later? Or both?

2. The Romney ad was fact checked and was proven accurate. That's all there is too it. http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/10/30/WaPo-Rates-Romney-Jeep-Ad-Correct
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › I Don't Recognize My Country Anymore