or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 🏁 Four More Years.

🏁 Four More Years.

Poll Results: Are you pleased Obama beat Romney?

Poll expired: Jan 20, 2013  
  • 80% (12)
    Yes
  • 0% (0)
    No
  • 20% (3)
    Other
15 Total Votes  
post #1 of 12

Obama is only the fifth president in American history to win over 50% of the popular vote in a second term. Quite an achievement. On the contrary though, Mitt Romney lost his home state by the second largest margin in American history. He lost Massachusetts by a whopping 24% (95% of votes counted). All told the American people have sent a very powerful message and that is that the change is far from over.

Around the world leaders have breathed a huge sigh of relief, terrified of the Bush mindset that a Romney victory would have wrought, Cameron and Putin I think were especially pleased.

Your thoughts?

MittRomneySad.jpeg

Edited by Hands Sandon - 11/9/12 at 2:18am
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Obama is only the fifth president in American history to win over 50% of the popular vote in a second term. Quite an achievement. On the contrary though, Mitt Romney lost his home state by the second largest margin in American history. He lost Massachusetts by a whopping 24% (95% of votes counted). All told the American people have sent a very powerful message and that is that the change is far from over.

Around the world leaders have breathed a huge sigh of relief, terrified of the Bush mindset that a Romney victory would have wrought, Cameron and Putin I think were especially pleased.

Your thoughts?

Yes I think it's interesting that both Romney and Ryan lost their home states. Interesting and telling. And yes I do believe that around the world many are breathing a sigh of relief. Much as the conservatives are just focusing on the fact that their ideology and candidate lost I think they should be also focusing on why. That would require a good look in the mirror. Something few of them seem willing to do this morning. Perhaps in time.

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Yes I think it's interesting that both Romney and Ryan lost their home states. Interesting and telling. And yes I do believe that around the world many are breathing a sigh of relief. Much as the conservatives are just focusing on the fact that their ideology and candidate lost I think they should be also focusing on why. That would require a good look in the mirror. Something few of them seem willing to do this morning. Perhaps in time.

What I think is interesting and telling is that more than 57,000,000 people voted for these two guys are you all are acting like no one did.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:

What I think is interesting and telling is that more than 57,000,000 people voted for these two guys are you all are acting like no one did.

You may want to rephrase that.

post #5 of 12
Quote:

Why?

post #6 of 12

From my perspective, that's like asking if you're pleased 2 muggers were fighting over who got to have their way with you first and one chased the other off.

That said, I think your assertion that world leaders have "breathed a huge sigh of relief" because they were "terrified of the Bush mindset that a Romney victory would have wrought" is wrong.

Obama has continued and expanded virtually every one of Bush's policies, especially his foreign policy. Gitmo is still open. We are still fighting endless interventionist wars and meddling in the affairs of other sovereign nations. We have a military presence in more nations around the world than at any other time in our history.

Domestic policy is much the same. The police state continues to grow. The Patriot Act is still in effect. Obama signed the NDAA into law, which allows for the indefinite detention of American citizens without due process. Obama has revved up the War on Drugs - championed and supported vehemently by many on the right - and our prisons are full of people whose only "crime" is possessing a plant (but there is a glimmer of hope in that area with Colorado and Washington legalizing pot for recreational use). We continue to reward failure by taking money from the middle class and bailing out big banks and corporations instead of allowing them to fail.

And the stark reality is, Romney's policies would have been essentially the same. No matter the outcome last night, George W. Bush was guaranteed to win his 4th term.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #7 of 12
Quote:

Quote:

Why?

Either you meant something else or you have a really unique way of phrasing things. It doesn't make sense grammatically. What are you gettng at? Please restate.

post #8 of 12
Quote:
What I think is interesting and telling is that more than 57,000,000 people voted for these two guys (Romney and Ryan) and you all (jimmac, et al) are acting like no one did (vote for them).

Are you talking about the (mistaken) "are" vs, "and" after "guys"?

Did you serious not know what I meant based on that?

post #9 of 12
Quote:

You'll have to excuse jimmac. Gloating obviously requires significant effort and adversely affects reading comprehension. 1wink.gif

post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Quote:

You'll have to excuse jimmac. Gloating obviously requires significant effort and adversely affects reading comprehension. 1wink.gif

Quote:

Shouldn't this at least be two sentences? If it's " And " then it doesn't have to be two. However that's not what you wrote. After all I do remember all of the spelling Bees. And you are trying for comprehension here right?1wink.gif

post #11 of 12
Quote:

Shouldn't this at least be two sentences? If it's " And " then it doesn't have to be two. However that's not what you wrote. After all I do remember all of the spelling Bees. And you are trying for comprehension here right?1wink.gif

I've corrected the typo. Are you done now? Were you interested in having a serious discussion?

post #12 of 12
Quote:

Quote:

I've corrected the typo. Are you done now? Were you interested in having a serious discussion?

Really? After al the spelling comments?lol.gif

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › 🏁 Four More Years.