or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Obama needs to do now.

What Obama needs to do now. - Page 3

post #81 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

I think that both sides are well aware of the dangers of depressing the economy too much.

Probably, but all evidence suggests a lack of economic understanding sufficient to solve the problems correctly and enough ignorance and fallacious thinking in this area to merely postpone the problems (at best) and likely make them worse longer term.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #82 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Quote:

You mean you don't have one? That's totally ruined my image of you.

Then you probably need to stop talking to the caricature you've created of me in your head.

Will do. No - that's not going to work. Now I'm picturing something much less appealing.

post #83 of 89
Quote:

Will do. No - that's not going to work. Now I'm picturing something much less appealing.

Personal insults. How nice.

post #84 of 89
Quote:

Quote:

I think that both sides are well aware of the dangers of depressing the economy too much.

Probably, but all evidence suggests a lack of economic understanding sufficient to solve the problems correctly and enough ignorance and fallacious thinking in this area to merely postpone the problems (at best) and likely make them worse longer term.

Given the economic expertise and resources available to the government, are you sure that the alternative strategies, such as those you have suggested, are really likely to work better than those favored by the Democrats or the Republicans?

post #85 of 89
Quote:

Quote:

Personal insults. How nice.

Now you are taking me much too seriously.

post #86 of 89
Quote:

Given the economic expertise and resources available to the government, are you sure that the alternative strategies, such as those you have suggested, are really likely to work better than those favored by the Democrats or the Republicans?

Yes.

post #87 of 89
Quote:

Quote:

Yes.

Evidence, or just gut feeling?

post #88 of 89
If you make 1.2 trillion in spending cuts, the deficit will be eliminated, the rich will be able to continue getting richer at an even faster pace, GDP will increase at a faster pace. Per capita GDP will increase... this is the economic theory of the free market capitalists, and I agree with the assessment.

But... As a result of massive cuts in social services, health care, housing and education, half (maybe 47%) of the country will be living in poverty and facing homelessness and starvation. Of course, MJ is "sure" that won't happen, as those rich people will surely let their new wealth trickle down, saving the masses.

He's sure they will.

Because he's an optimist.

And because he is very very good at ignoring historical and current indicators that money does not "trickle down" as he claims it will.
Edited by tonton - 11/14/12 at 10:16pm
post #89 of 89
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Quote:
you would be fine in your cabin in the woods though.

Cabin is ready. Of course it is 3,000 sq ft. and has a spectacular view of the Pacific Ocean.

Now I'm jealous.

There are some disclaimers. In our area of Central America there are many inconveniences such disruptions of water, sewer and electricity services as well as risk of governmental confiscation of property with no legal recourse so it is not all roses and idyllic utopia but I still like it here. I also have property in the US which is my primary residence and citizenship.

Edited by mstone - 11/14/12 at 9:42pm

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What Obama needs to do now.