or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Is an iPad an iPad....

Is an iPad an iPad....

post #1 of 6

Years ago after buying a product at WalMart,  I contacted the manufacturer when it was not working properly.  I was told that there was a difference in the quality of product sold to WalMart that was then sold by them at a lower price than the supposed same product at another store...  So I have always been a bit hesitant to purchase higher priced items at Walmart.  So with the $75 gift card being given with the purchase of an iPad on Thanksgiving day,  I am wondering...   is an iPad an iPad?   Is the iPad sold at Walmart the same exact quality of iPad as one sold at the apple store?  

post #2 of 6
Originally Posted by sandcastle11 View Post
Is the iPad sold at Walmart the same exact quality of iPad as one sold at the apple store?  

This is Apple we're talking about. They wouldn't stand for anything else. 

It's a sad world where this even has to be a question.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
post #3 of 6

Thank you...   

post #4 of 6
This was at one time common behavior in certain markets. For example a Moen or Delta faucet purchased at Home Depot would not be the same quality as one purchased through your local plumbing store. I'm not sure how widespread this type of marketing is anymore. I wouldn't worry about Apple products however, as was posted above Apple is Apple no matter where you buy.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcastle11 View Post

Years ago after buying a product at WalMart,  I contacted the manufacturer when it was not working properly.  I was told that there was a difference in the quality of product sold to WalMart that was then sold by them at a lower price than the supposed same product at another store...  So I have always been a bit hesitant to purchase higher priced items at Walmart.  So with the $75 gift card being given with the purchase of an iPad on Thanksgiving day,  I am wondering...   is an iPad an iPad?   Is the iPad sold at Walmart the same exact quality of iPad as one sold at the apple store?  

If you are talking WalMart (USA ONLY) then it should be okay. If you are talking Asia, then definitely only buy at Apple Premium Resellers, good Apple Authorised Resellers, or the OFFICIAL Apple Store.

In China there are/were ~entirely fake Apple shops~ ... I'm not talking counterfeit goods, it was an entirely counterfeited shop... and there were more than one!

If you haven't seen this one you'll be s***ng bricks, or laughing uncontrollably:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/pda/2011/jul/21/fake-apple-store
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It's a sad world where this even has to be a question.

It's a very pertinent question anywhere around the world except for US, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia.

AKA the rest of the world.

Of course, I presume the poster is talking about WalMart.

But I wouldn't trust Walmart China with my left ~.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Is an iPad an iPad....