or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ⏰ BREAKING NEWS!... AS IT HAPPENED!

⏰ BREAKING NEWS!... AS IT HAPPENED!

post #1 of 19

A thread where you can post any up to date news as it happens.

Enjoy.

We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 19

Breaking news!!!

Hands Sandon created an absolutely pointless thread! 

(I do have to agree with his sig line though... there's no way Obama could win an election based on his own merits!)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #3 of 19

It's raining outside and the storm is bigger than my state.

post #4 of 19

Where do you live? What storm?

post #5 of 19
He lives in GOPville and Hurricane Obama is threatening major damage. There's an earthquake too, earthquake Rand, that might literally break apart many regions. It's really not looking good for GOPville.
post #6 of 19

I live in a liberal strong hold. Or should I say strangle hold?

post #7 of 19

This breaking news is just now filtering in- 

"Mitt Romney's former economic adviser Glenn Hubbard published an op-ed in the Financial Times Tuesday calling for higher tax rates on the wealthy and urging Republicans to outline specific spending cuts rather than vague across-the-board reductions in government spending. Hubbard's comments are noteworthy because Romney resisted both policies during his run for the presidency."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/mitt-romney-glenn-hubbard_n_2124160.html

Luckily, Romney ran to appease the Tea Party and therefore lost in a landslide. 

post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Luckily, Romney ran to appease the Tea Party and therefore lost in a landslide. 

You continue to look foolish by claiming a landslide.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #9 of 19

This just in-

"President Barack Obama will enter high-stakes budget negotiations firmly committed to seeing the tax rates for high-income earners rise to pre-George W. Bush levels, he assured a gathering of progressive and labor leaders on Tuesday.

"I am not going to budge," he told the group, according to an attendee who relayed material from the meeting on condition of anonymity. "I said in 2010 that I'm going to do this once, and I meant it."

~ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/13/obama-bush-tax-cuts_n_2124324.html

Obama's landslide massive electoral college victory mandate means he was never going to back down on this.

post #10 of 19
Quote:

Obama's landslide mandate...

I'm curious why you keep saying that? Is it because you are ignorant or just a stridently partisan Obama worshiper?

post #11 of 19
@Hands... I don't think it's a 'massive mandate' per se for Obama. The problem is the corporations and banks that run the government ~for~ the corporations and the banks.
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

@Hands... I don't think it's a 'massive mandate' per se for Obama. The problem is the corporations and banks that run the government ~for~ the corporations and the banks.

Obama supports that in many ways though, so it's still mandate for him. It would be nice to think he doesn't but that's not what his record points to at all.

post #13 of 19
Quote:

Obama supports that in many ways though, so it's still mandate for him. It would be nice to think he doesn't but that's not what his record points to at all.

Yea the american people so fully support his MANDATE they maintained the opposing party in the House. MANDATE!!!11

post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Yea the american people so fully support his MANDATE they maintained the opposing party in the House. MANDATE!!!11

The lost in a landslide in the electoral college.

They senate is now a Dem stronghold.

Dems won more seats in congress.

The Dems are victorious and the repubs are distraught, lost and angry. Perhaps they'll split up soon, they've had such a major fail.

post #15 of 19
Quote:

The lost in a landslide in the electoral college.

They senate is now a Dem stronghold.

Dems won more seats in congress.

The Dems are victorious and the repubs are distraught, lost and angry. Perhaps they'll split up soon, they've had such a major fail.

Barack Obama First President Re-Elected With Less Popular, Electoral Support Second Time Around

Quote:
With just over 63 million votes this cycle and just under 70 million in 2008, President Obama became the first president to be re-elected to the office with less votes than he was first elected with since every state moved to deciding electors by popular vote

MANDATE!!!11!!

post #16 of 19
Quote:

Barack Obama First President Re-Elected With Less Popular, Electoral Support Second Time Around

MANDATE!!!11!!

What happened was 7 million white voters decided not to cast a ballot when they had previously voted for Obama. It was there way of saying "We want you to win so we won't vote for the other guy, but take note, keep to your promises".

We can see this clearly by the numbers

2008 - 98.6 million white voters

2012- 91.9 million white voters

And remember too that Romney got less votes than McCain.

Add in these protest non-voting whites and Obama would have had another landslide in the popular vote again. It's a perfect match.

post #17 of 19
Quote:

What happened was 7 million white voters decided not to cast a ballot when they had previously voted for Obama. It was there way of saying "We want you to win so we won't vote for the other guy, but take note, keep to your promises".

We can see this clearly by the numbers

2008 - 98.6 million white voters

2012- 91.9 million white voters

And remember too that Romney got less votes than McCain.

Add in these protest non-voting whites and Obama would have had another landslide in the popular vote again. It's a perfect match.

Or a sane view of it would be that they are so unenthusiastic about Obama they stayed home. MANDATE!!!11

post #18 of 19

NEWS FLASH! Half the bottles of this 2009 cab' my friends and I first opened on t'giving appear to be bad.

post #19 of 19
Quote:

NEWS FLASH! Half the bottles of this 2009 cab' my friends and I first opened on t'giving appear to be bad.

Yeah, I have the same problem with my countrymen. About 47%, oddly enough.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › ⏰ BREAKING NEWS!... AS IT HAPPENED!