or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Codec 3.6.2 Incompatible

Codec 3.6.2 Incompatible

post #1 of 4

Please someone help.

Ive been trying to play some .avi files and for some reason only 20% play in quicktime other times it says "Need Additional components" 

So I was told to get Dvix, now thats saying Codec 3.6.2 Incompatible. Reading this forum you all rave about VLC. Tried that nada!!

Nothing seems to be working for me on my Macbook.

Please Help!!!!

post #2 of 4

try flip for mac from microsoft

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

post #3 of 4

Three things:

1. Flip4Mac is endorsed by Microsoft. Microsoft provides server space from which the codec can be downloaded. However, Flip4Mac is produced by Telestream, not Microsoft.
  2. As far as I know, Codec 3.6.2 is a part of DivX. You imply that you have installed DivX. Which version did you install?
  3. The Flip4Mac WMV Component is a codec that brings WMV-compatibility to QuickTime. I have Flip4Mac installed and recommend that you install it as well. However, WMV is not DivX. You should have no expectation that installing Flip4Mac will solve your problem.
post #4 of 4

one thing

the Lady asked for help playing .avi files so I told her to try flip for mac.. it is the easiest solution and although I said microsoft I probably should have said windows instead knowing that someone would call me out for an inconsequential, and irrelevant piece of information. A simple search for flip for mac would have given the person plenty of links for which to get the application, so no harm no foul. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Codec 3.6.2 Incompatible