or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Windows chief Steven Sinofsky leaves Microsoft

Windows chief Steven Sinofsky leaves Microsoft - Page 4

post #121 of 126
Why isn't MS honest like Apple was about Apple Maps?
What is MS hiding about Win8 or the Surface?

If it's that silly cloth Surface KB, no problem here!
I tried it and rejected it in just 3 minutes of use.
post #122 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

What did MS mislead you about? You came, you tried, you didn't like. Many people on this forum believe that the Surface RT is a product without a market (I am one of them). Do you expect MS to tell you: umm, we made this thing, but you really don't want it -- why don't you go buy a nice Playbook?

MS said it's better the iPad.  Oh my, they'll say anything.

Yes I did get a BB PB at a very low price. Even lower recently!

Actually it's hardware is OK, except for the tiny power on button.   Nice screen.

Unfortunately the BB PB's SW is a POS.

Both RIM's and user PB SW is sub standard compared to the Apple idevice and android SW.

post #123 of 126
Quote:

What did MS mislead you about? You came, you tried, you didn't like. Many people on this forum believe that the Surface RT is a product without a market (I am one of them). Do you expect MS to tell you: umm, we made this thing, but you really don't want it -- why don't you go buy a nice Playbook?

M$ vision of Windows is misleading, surfing on compatibility assumption by the public, they deliberately giving Windows brand to completely different and incompatible products and they don't care to clear this out.

Right now, Window Phone 7.5, Windows Phone 8, Windows RT and Windows 8 are 4 separated and incompatible userland for developers.

post #124 of 126
Quote:

This is true, but (fortunately for all those concerned) fairly obvious to all, so whatever efforts MS made to mislead have failed. But again, what do you expect them to say? We are trying stuff out, lay off buying any of our new products for another couple of years? This is a little difficult, much more difficult than Tim Cook's "Our Maps suck a bit, sorry, but I hear Waze is pretty nice..."

Sadly, I don't expect much from Microsoft but they should have done their homework's like Apple as done with iOS.  Apple approach with the first iPhone like the original Mac was to bring to market an extremely refine but limited product at first. Unlike Microsoft, they announce new features when they are ready, they doesn't built up expectation on things the device doesn't do yet.

I still doesn't understand Windows RT approach.  Apple has followed the sane way, giving the same OSX userland to iOS while stripping down the OS and giving a new UI crafted for touch input.  Microsoft on the other side, as recompile the whole OS, keeps about the same weight of desktop version of Windows (over 9GB), keeps the Mouse and Keyboard oriented UI only for running Office and breaking all compatibility with legacy apps. Meanwhile,  what Microsoft as done with Windows 8 is even more absurd, they promoted the Touch UI as the first class citizen and relegated the Desktop UI to second class. 

Edited by BigMac2 - 11/15/12 at 6:50pm
post #125 of 126

He wasn't fired.

He was defenestrated.

post #126 of 126
Originally Posted by publiclee View Post
He wasn't fired.

He was defenestrated.

This needs to be in a place where more people can see it. This is great.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Windows chief Steven Sinofsky leaves Microsoft