or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dick Morris admits he lied to you about the landslide

Dick Morris admits he lied to you about the landslide - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Feel free to jump to 2:45 to hit the relevant bit where Dick Morris admits that when the Romney campaign was in dire straits, Morris made the "Romney will win in a landslide" prediction not because it was true but because he thought it would help Romney win.  Early in the interview, he proclaimed that he was "working hard for Romney".  Of course, Morris then immediately realizes what he just said and attempts to claim that he really believed Romney would win in that landslide, but he can't have it both ways.  

• He saw the Romney campaign failing and support waning.

• He made the landslide prediction to help boost Romney's campaign--not because of facts or evidence, but as a partisan hack of a pundit lying to you to boost his candidate.

• Romney lost in the reverse of the landslide that Morris, without facts or evidence, "predicted".  

If you continue to hold Dick Morris up as anything other than a lying, manipulative, partisan hack, you are one of these:

We must be watching two different videos.  He said that he felt it was important for him to say what he said (when the campaign wasn't doing well) but at the time he believed it and felt it was right.  Go watch it again.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

But Obama won a "landslide!" and has a "mandate." Despite not even having a margin of victory that's in the top 50% of the history of presidential elections in this country. Or something. lol.gif

Plus voter turn out dropped for the first time ever.

It also dropped in 1988 and 1996.

post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Keep on laughing. If you don't believe this is the end of far right obfuscation and nonsense ( and please don't ask me to explain you know very well what I mean ) just keep watching. Voters want results now from both sides. The side that obfuscates will be the loser.

First, it was the Obama campaign that ran on obfuscation and nonsense.  The Romney campaign ran on ideas and solutions, from taxes to the deficit to any host of other issues.  Obama ran on free birth control, snarky remarks about nuclear submarines, and refusing to discuss Libya.  

Secondly, it's clear now that Obama was reelected due to one reason:  Turnout.  His voters turned out en masse, and the GOP base did not...at least not enough to counter Obama's surge in the inner cities (and yes, I mean among blacks, latinos, etc).   This was no mandate...not by far.  

post #44 of 53

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #45 of 53

I suppose that makes you feel good, but it's not a serious response.  You created an entire thread on the premise that Morris lied.  The video on which you base this shows clearly that Morris believed what he said was true when he said it.  That's not a lie.  Was he working to help Romney?  Yes.  He was always clear about that. May that have influenced him?  I'm sure it did.  But that's not even close to "lying."   

post #46 of 53

You should listen to your more sane, fellow conservatives.

Quote:
but there can be no doubt that he saw his role as cheerleading for the Republican candidate, not offering straightforward analysis.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #47 of 53
Quote:

Now you're moving the goalposts.  If you want to argue that Morris was cheerleading, that's fine.  I actually agree with you.  But that clip does not show that he "lied."  Not in any sense whatsoever.  It is you who are perpetuating a falsehood by starting this thread.  

post #48 of 53

Yup, it's complete denial.  You know what the REAL statistics showed.  You know what bullshit Dick Morris was parroting.  This really is math that makes you feel better and nothing else.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #49 of 53
Quote:

Yup, it's complete denial.  You know what the REAL statistics showed.  You know what bullshit Dick Morris was parroting.  This really is math that makes you feel better and nothing else.

Show me the data.  

post #50 of 53

http://election.princeton.edu/

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #51 of 53
Quote:

bobby-jindal-blasts-mitt-romney

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #52 of 53

Bobby Jindal is a creationist who is allowing a voucher program in Louisana to teach students that the Loch Ness monster disproves evolution.  The message may be correct, but the hypocrisy from the messenger reeks.  

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #53 of 53
Quote:

http://election.princeton.edu/

First, that is not exactly an neutral point of view there.  Secondly...specifically...show me where I'm wrong.  My understanding is black turnout may have even exceeded 2008's levels in terms of a percentage of the electorate, and that turnout in inner cities was exceptionally high.  I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if you show me otherwise.  

By the way, my voting precinct is about 80% black or more, and probably 95% Democrat.   The poll workers were all talking about how high turnout was.  It's a tiny precinct, and by mid day there are usually less than 100 people who have voted.  I voted around 1 p.m. and was number 326, I believe.  I personally witnessed high black turnout from what is essentially an urban area (though not a large city).  Though it was clearly anecdotal, that's when it occurred to me that Romney might have a problem with high black turnout for Obama.   

Quote:

Bobby Jindal is a creationist who is allowing a voucher program in Louisana to teach students that the Loch Ness monster disproves evolution.  The message may be correct, but the hypocrisy from the messenger reeks.  

Of course it does...because he's a Christian.  But there is no such thing as hypocrisy for liberal Democrats.  Right?  

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Dick Morris admits he lied to you about the landslide