or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Drop in Apple stock blamed on anticipated capital gains tax hike [u]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Drop in Apple stock blamed on anticipated capital gains tax hike [u] - Page 4

post #121 of 128

I have read some ridiculous crap on this website before, but this may take the cake.

 

Apple stock has imploded as a percentage versus the rest of the S&P500.  A change in capital gains rates should affect all stock equally.

 

This is really just humiliatingly stupid.

 

I am a tax attorney, btw, so unlike most of my posts, I am somewhat qualified to comment here.

post #122 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

All I said was that I'd bet that fact not that I knew it.

ok, all I can say is, watch what you bet on
post #123 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

ok, all I can say is, watch what you bet on

Well I'd bet the farm that most Android owners have owned at least one type of iPod.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #124 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Well I'd bet the farm that most Android owners have owned at least one type of iPod.

Wow, you are an AI pro, you have clicked that you are wrong, so now are changing your argument to fit. Good job! While you are at it, why don't you bet that all Android users have probably had water to drink in their lives as well.
post #125 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

Wow, you are an AI pro, you have clicked that you are wrong, so now are changing your argument to fit. Good job! While you are at it, why don't you bet that all Android users have probably had water to drink in their lives as well.

Lol, I'm just trying to disspell the myth that Android owners (in the US at least) don't know what they're missing out on. Many chose Android while being aware of Apple's build quality and vibrant ecosystem, they simply chose what they thought was a better fit for them, and had nothing to do with a hatred for Apple.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #126 of 128
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Many chose Android while being aware of Apple's build quality and vibrant ecosystem, they simply chose what they thought was a better fit for them…

 

Proving once again that people don't know what they want until you show it to them.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #127 of 128

Although we don't have any real certainty as to just how high taxes will go, it is clear they will be higher.  In addition, I haven't seen anyone write about the additional 3.8% ObamaCare Tax on capital gains (on sale of stocks, homes, etc.) for couples/families earning over $250K (Individual=$200K) come 2013.  Anyone whom has a significant holding/gains in AAPL would be foolhardy to not AT LEAST factor in such calculations when it comes to selling this year   ESPECIALLY if they have held it for more than 365 days.  MOI?  I'm holding my shares..and my breath....:)

post #128 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Proving once again that people don't know what they want until you show it to them.

Just like the Matrix not everyone will accept the program.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Drop in Apple stock blamed on anticipated capital gains tax hike [u]