or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple trounces Microsoft in Black Friday retail traffic, purchases
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple trounces Microsoft in Black Friday retail traffic, purchases - Page 2

post #41 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankleskater View Post

What's with the big drop in Mac sales?

Must be Windows 8. 1tongue.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #42 of 58
I'm seriously waiting for the story to come out that Microsoft uses life-sized cardboard cut-outs of smiling customers to fill the lonely spaces in their retail stores.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #43 of 58
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
I'm seriously waiting for the story to come out that Microsoft uses life-sized cardboard cut-outs of smiling customers to fill the lonely spaces in their retail stores.

 

1000

Oh no! Apple is doomed!

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #44 of 58

The thing that nobody even tries to explain is, how can traffic per hour be up but total iPads (retina+mini) sold be down? Can't say that's because mini is out of stock because they aren't (at least the 32G/64G ones).

 

Instead of being worried about the Mac sales or laughing at MSFT, I'm definitely more worried about the iPad sales figures.

post #45 of 58
Microsoft stores see little traffic compared to Apple stores, or: http://youtu.be/5atPYaxX0lM
post #46 of 58
As usual, good news for stockholders is bad news for everyone else.

Every time Apple triumphs over Microsoft, they come that much closer to _being_ Microsoft. All winners are alike: smug, greedy, and destructive. Any successful corporation with insufficient competition becomes a monster.
post #47 of 58
Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post
Every time Apple triumphs over Microsoft, they come that much closer to _being_ Microsoft. All winners are alike: smug, greedy, and destructive. 

 

Not really.


Any successful corporation with insufficient competition becomes a monster.

 

Any successful corporation whose competitors do nothing but steal their ideas becomes the only desirable one in the industry.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #48 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

If MS is truly matching 20% of Apple’s sales, that’s terrific for them! I am skeptical, though.

 

(I wonder how return rates will compare!)

See, the photo of the rather busy-looking MS store? See the long line of people in the background on the right side? That's the return line. 


Edited by Macky the Macky - 11/26/12 at 5:45pm
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


A clear majority anyway. I figure iMacs are maybe 20-25% of Apple's business, but that's just a guess.

I think the number is more like 4%. 

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #50 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

I think the number is more like 4%. 

I meant of their Mac business.
Edited by JeffDM - 11/26/12 at 5:54pm
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryanh View Post

As usual, good news for stockholders is bad news for everyone else.
Every time Apple triumphs over Microsoft, they come that much closer to _being_ Microsoft. All winners are alike: smug, greedy, and destructive. Any successful corporation with insufficient competition becomes a monster.

LEGO rules their market with their patented LEGO blocks and has done so for decades. Still a decent company and still pricey and holds two of the top-ten spots for most desirable toys this Christmas. 

IBM has virtually no competition and is a good corporate citizen. I think your self-made opinion is too easy to poke full of holes. 

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

If MS is truly matching 20% of Apple’s sales, that’s terrific for them! I am skeptical, though.

Spot on. Me too.
post #53 of 58
I so want the new 27" iMac. That babe is S-E-X-Y....! I hope it's in supply in Jan.-Feb. Even if not, I can wait. It'll allow any of us new iMac buyers any potential glitches, etc... The last Mac desktop I used was back in uni., 2005. Haha. I hope Apple really fixes the RAM over usage issue in it's OS. i.e. I can use Photoshop CS 6 with all features enabled and max performance on my Win. 7 partition, but on OS X, it freezes up. Many of us strongly dislike it. Please fix this, Apple. iTunes and RAM over usage are basically the only thing I strongly dislike about Apple when multitasking. I know how to change the settings, etc.. but it's still a pain to do, when in Windows, I only have to do it once, if at all, most of the time. Please fix it, Apple. Love your products, and have used since kindergarten through uni., and again beginning in 2009. Thanks!
post #54 of 58

One can always check when the picture was taken, where, and if it was edited.  Albeit, most people don't know how.   Too bad.   Haha.

post #55 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by App1413 View Post

One can always check when the picture was taken, where, and if it was edited.  Albeit, most people don't know how.   Too bad.   Haha.

Enlighten us
post #56 of 58
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
Enlighten us

 

Not sure what picture he's talking about, but unless it's stripped you can check the EXIF data for date, time, and coordinates if the device has a GPS in it.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Not sure what picture he's talking about, but unless it's stripped you can check the EXIF data for date, time, and coordinates if the device has a GPS in it.

"No metadata found"

A lot of programs seem to strip EXIF data.
post #58 of 58
Gents, I know. I presume it is a spammer of some sort; was just tryin' to counter his Haha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple trounces Microsoft in Black Friday retail traffic, purchases