Does anyone know or can speculate if apple would ever partner with a car company to offer an integrated in dash iPad system? I know there are after market installations of this, but I don't think they offer all the potential of a purpose built system. I envision something built seamlessly into the dash including power source, sound system, radio, maybe even climate control. Some thoughts:
- blue tooth integration with phone for hands free, over the speakers calling
- maintenance and milage apps that comunicate with car data
- anti theft features that would integrate with iphone - "find my car"
- pay parking apps
- it could be less expensive then normal iPads as thickness would be no issue. Larger hard drive, no battery issues, faster-less efficient processors (power is no concern).
- could do all updates via wifi when parked at home.
- Siri button on steering wheel.
- from a car manufacture perspective, this feature would be the deciding factor for some consumers.
- from apples perspective, make a it upgradable/replaceable so people can have latest product if car lasts 15 years. Will sell more that way too.
I could not find any thing indicating this was in the works, but it seems like a logical progression. Any other thoughts?