or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › [Root][Mac][Nexus7] Root Android 4.2 For Nexus 7 With Mac OS X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Root][Mac][Nexus7] Root Android 4.2 For Nexus 7 With Mac OS X

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
DISCLAIMER: THIS CAN OR WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY, I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG. BACKUP ALL DATA THAT IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE YOU CAN OR WILL LOSE IT.

Hi all, successfully rooted my Nexus 7, Android 4.2.1 on my Mac without needing a PC or Linux.

For those interested:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-7-rooting-roms-hacks/189900-guide-mac-pc-linux-4-2-unlock-root-flash-recovery.html

It's really helpful because it all works on a Mac only.

The above also appears to be a successful and clear way to do it.
Edited by sr2012 - 12/11/12 at 10:18pm
post #2 of 12
Thread Starter 
I am pleased to announce that as of Dec 12, 2012 this thread is showing up on the first page of Google searches for "Root Android Mac" and the second page for "Root Nexus Mac".

For Full Root and Flash Sony Xperia S on Android 4.0.4 using Mac OS X 10.8 please see this thread: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/154955/full-root-and-flash-sony-xperia-s-android-4-0-4-on-mac-os-x
Edited by sr2012 - 12/12/12 at 3:42am
post #3 of 12

Hi,

 

I have a Google Nexus S with ios version 4.1.1 for some reason it does not detect the service provider signal,  essentially it is a brick to be carried around.  I have checked with samsung service centers and hve replaced the sim tray card but still does not seem to work

 

Will rooting the device regularise it as a normal phone

post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post

Hi,

I have a Google Nexus S with ios version 4.1.1 for some reason it does not detect the service provider signal,  essentially it is a brick to be carried around.  I have checked with samsung service centers and hve replaced the sim tray card but still does not seem to work

Will rooting the device regularise it as a normal phone

Hi,

CHECK YOUR WARRANTY conditions first, in this case GET A REPLACEMENT PHONE if you haven't rooted, etc. so there is no question that there is a problem with the phone AS IS.

Unlock bootloader, rooting, install stock ROM etc. is a secondary option.

You can unlock bootloader, then install stock ROM 4.x which is suitable and see if it will recognise the service provider signal.

Good luck...!
post #5 of 12

What the point?

post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

What the point?

Fully unleash Android for a superior Android 4.x experience. 1smile.gif
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post

Hi,

I have a Google Nexus S with ios version 4.1.1
Really?
post #8 of 12
Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post
Really?

 

Well, yeah (think about it).

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Fully unleash Android for a superior Android 4.x experience. 1smile.gif

Ah, that. Santa will bring me Nexus 4 with genuine 4.2 experience and for side by side comparison with iPhone5 that he has for my wife, ho-ho-ho
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, yeah (think about it).

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey View Post

Ah, that. Santa will bring me Nexus 4 with genuine 4.2 experience and for side by side comparison with iPhone5 that he has for my wife, ho-ho-ho

Sweet dude. Hope you get your Nexus 4, seems like Google didn't do a smooth launch at all.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Well, yeah (think about it).

post #12 of 12

The problem is YOU have a Nexus with iOS, not in this world....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › [Root][Mac][Nexus7] Root Android 4.2 For Nexus 7 With Mac OS X