or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple takes number two spot behind Samsung for all US mobile marketshare
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple takes number two spot behind Samsung for all US mobile marketshare - Page 2

post #41 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

Here are the facts: Notice that Samsung is in the "Other" category through 2009, so their growth has been quite phenomenal.

Samsung obviously has more of a "shotgun" approach to sales and marketing but you know, at point-blank, a shotgun is pretty deadly.

They finally hit something, and they have hit it hard.

I hope not to buy Samsung per se because I don't think they are ethical, hence my Asus Nexus 7 and Sony Xperia S.

As for my iPhone 5 and iPad 3, I might have to relegate it to just testing stuff. We'll see. They are beautiful but the "balance" is off without Steve in the picture. And firing Forstall, I think does not bode well for iOS in general.
post #42 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post


No, I'm talking 2013 it will be 50-50 in tablets, already losing ground to Android as a total for smartphones ~ just what it is.
Nobody's rolling over anything, but 50-50 in tablets, and Android is yes, going to saturate everything non-Apple.
Not true. Android 4 has quite a lot of interesting things. Swype is pretty impressive. Sony on 4.0.4 has become much, much more useable. The days of thinking only Apple is going to innovate in the phone market is... blind.
If we're talking revenue then iOS definitely has an edge. At the same time though for paid apps there are interesting niches in Android. For free apps, there is no doubt most of them will be cross-platform if they already aren't (Twitter, Facebook, Evernote, etc. etc.)
That's interesting. Apple in terms of raw speed has advantages. But on Android 4 the other phones are no longer slouches and do hold their own. Xperia S, Samsung S3 etc. do have impressive performance. Nexus 7" Shadowgun: Deadzone on quality graphics at 720p is quite nice and responsive.
Right, "ignorant", "stupid"... I wonder who that will apply to. "High-end" models depends on what you are talking about. I pay more for my iPhone 5 on contract than Sony Xperia S... If you're talking Nexus, which is cheaper than iPad mini, and Sony and Samsung S3 which are around iPhone 4S/ iPhone 5 prices, the mainstream smartphone user has a lot of choices.
Yet more insults. FYI it can be reported to the mods, but I'm not going to, because...
...you're just being hilarious.
Oops! Wrong.
And for you two, here's some reading for you:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html
Notice the welcoming tone too. Might be something to learn from.

What are you smoking? Why do you keep talking shit like "apple is losing ground"? Yes, android market share is rising and will keep exploding until markets saturate, but what does it has to do with Apple? Why is that Apple's problem when, as a said before (and showed links to prove it):

 

- The iphone is by a large margin the best phone out there. In fact, the margin in quality/performance between iPhone-Android devices was only as big when android was a RIM copy;

- Developers want iOS, developers despise Android. The difference is growing.

- Apple still is the only one innovating at consumer level. Sony brings nothing new with their devices, same for all other OEMs. If something useful/earthshaking comes, it's on an iPhone.

- Apple never sold as many Phones, and they keep selling more and more.

- All OEMs besides samsung are bleeding money.

-Google makes almost nothing from android.

 

So... Why should Apple be "worried", why is Apple "losing". Explain that... Because of market share? hilarious.

 

The nexus 7 has impressive performance with that game?  So, since the iPhone beats the tegra 3 by a factor of 4 at almost every graphic test means what? Do you realize the difference? 4 times or more better?

 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview

 

there's only one high-end model, the iphone. The rest is... well, 100 steps bellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

 

Here are the facts: Notice that Samsung is in the "Other" category through 2009, so their growth has been quite phenomenal.

Dafack?

 

You do realize that your chart has nothing to do with it... That's smartphones.

post #43 of 75
Apple is Doomed!
post #44 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins 
What are you smoking? Why do you keep talking shit like "apple is losing ground"? Yes, android market share is rising and will keep exploding until markets saturate, but what does it has to do with Apple? Why is that Apple's problem when, as a said before (and showed links to prove it):

Just saying it's 50-50 tablets and less than 50-50 for smartphones. I don't think it will affect Apple majorly in 2013 but leading up to 2015, I'm just not sure things will be how Steve envisaged it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins 
- The iphone is by a large margin the best phone out there. In fact, the margin in quality/performance between iPhone-Android devices was only as big when android was a RIM copy;

I never said anything about margins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins 
Developers want iOS, developers despise Android. The difference is growing.

I don't think that's set in stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins 
Apple still is the only one innovating at consumer level. Sony brings nothing new with their devices, same for all other OEMs. If something useful/earthshaking comes, it's on an iPhone.

Again, you're denying Android 4.x ... Swype, notifications, quick settings, etc. Things are happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins 
- Apple never sold as many Phones, and they keep selling more and more.
- All OEMs besides samsung are bleeding money.
-Google makes almost nothing from android.

Does not quite concern me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins 
So... Why should Apple be "worried", why is Apple "losing". Explain that... Because of market share? hilarious.

I didn't say they should be "worried". At least I don't think so. Did I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins 
The nexus 7 has impressive performance with that game?  So, since the iPhone beats the tegra 3 by a factor of 4 at almost every graphic test means what? Do you realize the difference? 4 times or more better?

The difference is that on Nexus 7 1280x800 I can enjoy quality gaming in a nice form factor. I thought only "fandroids" were interested in specs. The iPad mini might do well, but the form factor doesn't seem as nice as the Nexus 7. iPad 3 and 4 are beasts but remember they have to drive very, very high resolutions. So graphic tests mean... I might feel a little "insecure" with my Tegra 3 but most games are just starting to optimise for Tegra and A5X etc. so I'm not too flustered at this stage.

For example, Shadowgun Deadzone can achieve similar quality on Nexus 7 compared to iPad 3. Of course, the visuals on iPad 3 are stunning because it is super HD and what not, but... as a convenient gaming device 7" widescreen is more fun than one would initially anticipate. Again, I don't think the Unity Engine has reached any sort of a limit in terms of Tegra 3. Quad-cores should help, and the GPU has more potential, I feel. Remember that a lot of games have to cater for all sorts of chips, not just Tegra and A5/A6.

Also, I'm not fixed on Nexus 7. When iPad 5 can do very close to Xbox360 with "AAA" game titles, then, yes, that can replace my console. But Android is not sitting still, and Tegra 3, despite "benching" less, is decent with I believe more headroom to go.
post #45 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

Apple is Doomed!


Apple might be doomed to a supply ceiling...

 

[had breakfast the other day with someone who told me that they really wanted to buy an iPad mini. Looked everywhere in 2 cities but couldn't find one in stock. So she went out and bought a Nexus 7. She regrets the purchase because she already owned an iPad 2... and "the nexus is just not the same". Regardless, one lost sale for Apple. Not exactly doomed but you have to ask...]


Edited by island hermit - 12/3/12 at 8:27am
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #46 of 75
LOL just installed Flash on Nexus 7... Now I can watch Almost Naked Animals and other content on ABC iView FullScreen! Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post


Apple might be doomed to a supply ceiling...

[had breakfast the other day with someone who told me that they really wanted to buy an iPad mini. Looked everywhere in 2 cities but couldn't find one in stock. So she went out and bought a Nexus 7. She regrets the purchase because she already owned an iPad 2... and "the nexus is just not the same". Regardless, one lost sale of Apple. Not exactly doomed but you have to ask...]

Indeed, I'm not saying Android is for everyone, but for some of us that do enjoy the sophistication of iOS and Mac, Android 4.x now offers some interesting things.

Edit: Flash on Android is discontinued, I know, and is quite unstable. Still, better than nothing for videos etc.
Edited by sr2012 - 12/3/12 at 8:00am
post #47 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie Howsre View Post

Oh no. Looks like Shamsung will have to spend even MORE money in advertising to try to hold off Apple.

 

Why?  The US is Apple's only dominant market; Samsung is winning pretty much everywhere else.

post #48 of 75
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
Apple might be doomed to a supply ceiling...

 

Others can bang out more units than Apple. No, they're not limited to a supply ceiling.


Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post
The US is Apple's only dominant market; Samsung is winning pretty much everywhere else.

 

Do you REALLY want to just keep lying like that? REALLY? I mean, come on.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #49 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

 

Here are the facts: Notice that Samsung is in the "Other" category through 2009, so their growth has been quite phenomenal.
 

 

 

1000

 

 

 

Facts they may be... but not relevant to your conversation with Hill60.

 

Your charts show global share of smart phones.. only.

Try again.

post #50 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


Samsung have been the number one handset vendor in the US for almost a decade.

 

 

No, you are wrong as usual.  That's Nokia. 

post #51 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

 

No, you are wrong as usual.  That's Nokia. 

 

What is wrong with you guys?

 

Yes Hill60 made a mistake but your response is equally wrong.

post #52 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

 

We WERE talking about smart phones, and don't be rude.
 

I'm not being rude. 

 

The Comscore figures refer to total US subscribers. That's all phones not just smart phones.

 

 

post #53 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Others can bang out more units than Apple. No, they're not limited to a supply ceiling.

It's so great that we have the wisdom of an industry insider on the forum.

 

Sure looks to me that Apple can't get out enough units to supply demand... but, I guess that's a good thing in your mind.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #54 of 75
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
It's so great that we have the wisdom of an industry insider on the forum.

 

Sure looks to me that Apple can't get out enough units to supply demand... but, I guess that's a good thing in your mind.

 

Your implication that it's physically impossible for Apple to make more is absolutely ludicrous. That's all I'm saying.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #55 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Your implication that it's physically impossible for Apple to make more is absolutely ludicrous. That's all I'm saying.


You have a comprehension problem. At the present time it is very close to physically impossible for them to make more units. Right now it seems that Apple is suffering from supply constraints. Therefore, if more units are needed Apple "might" be doomed to a supply ceiling (ie. if demand increases much more than at present) If Tim Cook doesn't alleviate this problem in some capacity very soon then, yes, it will be physically impossible for Apple to make more units.

 

Your implication that Apple can increase supply at any time is even more ludicrous.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #56 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

- Apple still is the only one innovating at consumer level. Sony brings nothing new with their devices, same for all other OEMs. If something useful/earthshaking comes, it's on an iPhone.

Ugh are you serious. You are now been insulting to many companies who are being innovative. Just because you do not like the idea does not mean its innovation. Android and many of its OEMs have mad plenty of innovations over the last 5 years. (LTE, shrinking a 1080p screen into 5 inches, Android beam, NFC, Google now (which by the way is the popular science 2012 innovation of the year.) and many more. http://blog.laptopmag.com/google-now-wins-popular-sciences-innovation-of-the-year-award
post #57 of 75
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Your implication that Apple can increase supply at any time is even more ludicrous.

 

No new buildings could ever be built. No new people could ever be hired.

 

You're right. Civilization is now as it shall always be until the heat death of the universe.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #58 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

No new buildings could ever be built. No new people could ever be hired.

 

You're right. Civilization is now as it shall always be until the heat death of the universe.


You're a little short on business sense... right... which would go hand in hand with the comprehension problem that I mentioned earlier.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #59 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple v. Samsung View Post


Ugh are you serious. You are now been insulting to many companies who are being innovative. Just because you do not like the idea does not mean its innovation. Android and many of its OEMs have mad plenty of innovations over the last 5 years. (LTE, shrinking a 1080p screen into 5 inches, Android beam, NFC, Google now (which by the way is the popular science 2012 innovation of the year.) and many more. http://blog.laptopmag.com/google-now-wins-popular-sciences-innovation-of-the-year-award

That has nothing to do with android or it's OEMs. NFC is dead (compared to what some think it was supposed to be...), android beam is just stupid and useless, shrinking a 1080p screen into 5 inches is an incremental step and a must, since the iphone has 330ppi (not that pentile shit) since 2010, LTE has nothing to do with android.

 

If Apple makes the next iPhone or all samsung phones comes with that screen (especially Apple, since they use much better screens than Samsung), then it is innovation. Selling one of those per quarter is irrelevant compared to 50 million per quarter. there's already a 4k screen in a 9.6inch.

post #60 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

No new buildings could ever be built. No new people could ever be hired.

 

You're right. Civilization is now as it shall always be until the heat death of the universe.

He is right, maybe next year Apple can consistently deliver 60+ million iPhones per quarter, but not right know.

 

Just like last year they couldn't go up the 40 million barrier, but this quarter they will.

post #61 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by igriv View Post

 

Here are the facts: Notice that Samsung is in the "Other" category through 2009, so their growth has been quite phenomenal.
 

 

 

1000

 

 

Handsets, handsets, handsets...

 

...NOT the subset of handsets, known as "smartphones".

 

Note the topic of this article.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #62 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooltalk View Post

 

 

No, you are wrong as usual.  That's Nokia. 

 

Actually it was Motorola, you are confusing "worldwide" with "the US".

 

Nokia was never particularly successful in the US, for a variety of reasons.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #63 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

He is right, maybe next year Apple can consistently deliver 60+ million iPhones per quarter, but not right know.

 

Just like last year they couldn't go up the 40 million barrier, but this quarter they will.


... and that is why I don't put much credence in these "Apple is leaving Samsung" rumors.

 

I'd say that it is more likely "at the moment" that Apple is hitting a ceiling with Samsung and now is looking for another supplier to take up the slack. For TSMC or any other chip fabricator to act as a sole supplier and therefore ramp up to "Apple" speed in a short period of time would take nothing short of a miracle.

 

Maybe one day Apple will leave Samsung but I don't think it will be anytime soon.


Edited by island hermit - 12/3/12 at 5:03pm
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #64 of 75
Quote:
Oops! Wrong.
And for you two, here's some reading for you:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html
Notice the welcoming tone too. Might be something to learn from.

 

Well what a nice brainwashing page made by fandroids. (Fandroid = user living in a Google-cage of controlled and filtered information). I see that that page doesnt doesnt bring up the worst things in G-phones!?! I Think these problems outtrump every positive thing by a magnitude of 100x. This is just the reason i stopped using Google products anymore (i prefer using anything else if possible and usually it is).

 

I prefer freedom of thinking and dont like to be fed what someone thinks I would like. Lets not pretend like its possible to know what i want at any given time. Filtering contents is just sad. Give that up to the user to do that. Anyways I dont want the net to become more google than it really is right now.  The internet is becoming more and more of a sad place where everything heterogenizes around some ideas that the user throughs out. It just gets more and more one-minded for the individual. We become fed with the same trows out and products that we sometimes searched or looked for.

 

Dont become controlled by someone else! Embrace your own life and freedom and dont use any G-products. (especially not those that you log in to them, and use tools to anonymize yourself like Tor or other tools to brake out of your G-cage!!!

 

If you dont believe me that you have already stepped into the G-cage (or atleast your standing in the doorway) then read up on it the trouth is out there for you to find.

 

Give the internet a chance to be free and not Google monopolized.

post #65 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by habi View Post

 

Well what a nice brainwashing page made by fandroids. (Fandroid = user living in a Google-cage of controlled and filtered information). I see that that page doesnt doesnt bring up the worst things in G-phones!?! I Think these problems outtrump every positive thing by a magnitude of 100x. This is just the reason i stopped using Google products anymore (i prefer using anything else if possible and usually it is).

 

I prefer freedom of thinking and dont like to be fed what someone thinks I would like. Lets not pretend like its possible to know what i want at any given time. Filtering contents is just sad. Give that up to the user to do that. Anyways I dont want the net to become more google than it really is right now.  The internet is becoming more and more of a sad place where everything heterogenizes around some ideas that the user throughs out. It just gets more and more one-minded for the individual. We become fed with the same trows out and products that we sometimes searched or looked for.

 

 

What a CRAP site, what's with all the "register to view link" rectangles, obscuring words all over the page.

 

Maybe Android Central could set up a section, titled "Why your $39.99 Android PAYG phone isn't [register to view link] ice cream sandwich", with handy tips such as "command line tools for freeing up onboard memory by transferring files to an optional [register to view link] available from [register to view link] for only $20.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #66 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/137252-apple-users-guide-android.html

Notice the welcoming tone too. Might be something to learn from.

Thanks for that link! Learned that Android is indeed crappy, which I knew, but got confirmation. Again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

What a CRAP site, what's with all the "register to view link" rectangles, obscuring words all over the page.

Pathetic, isn't it? I tried to read a story on Visual Voicemail; because Android is so innovative where it will show you a picture of the call you missed. It **even** can display that persons' latest Facebook pic, go figure.

Also real Android innovation: "Save: Email the wav file to yourself. Open the email and Save to SDcard." Exqueeze me? The '.wav' file? Now I know why Android people want a SD slot on their phone; because the (typically uncompressed) file is too large for their phone storage.

But while reading it, trying to ignore all those 'register to view' buttons, the story would scroll down. I think they just live update the page on top with new stories, but didn't check it as I couldn't stand that site. People, check it out¡
Edited by PhilBoogie - 12/4/12 at 5:49am
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
post #67 of 75
LOL at you all... Amazing amount of bias, just Register and you can read the forum.

Just because there are a lot of Android tweaks doesn't mean you have to use them all.
post #68 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post

Just because there are a lot of Android tweaks doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Wasn't planning on doing so. Was merely grinning at the options that are build into Android OS. I never liked the fact that I couldn't use my iPhone as a USB stick to move documents around. But I have come to the realization that I never need that USB stick after all. Then when I read that one can access the file system on Android I think Apple made the right decision: less clutter, less for people to learn or understand and files can be opened from within the app.

To each his own, but I like the simplicity of iOS and am happy that Google didn't copy the DNA of Apple as well.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
post #69 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Wasn't planning on doing so. Was merely grinning at the options that are build into Android OS. I never liked the fact that I couldn't use my iPhone as a USB stick to move documents around. But I have come to the realization that I never need that USB stick after all. Then when I read that one can access the file system on Android I think Apple made the right decision: less clutter, less for people to learn or understand and files can be opened from within the app.
To each his own, but I like the simplicity of iOS and am happy that Google didn't copy the DNA of Apple as well.

What's interesting about Android is you don't have to anyway. Quite a number of new devices have ~no~ removable storage. Which is fine.
post #70 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Yet the fandroids love to portray Samsung as the underdog, while big bad Apple is bullying everyone around. Their reality is very flexible. I have to point out that Apple is very late to the phone business, and they have just one current model. Samsung and the rest sell a flood of phones at every price point, running various operating systems.

And that point abou Apple having just 3 current models (and one older one) is what makes the INVESTORS drool over Apple. This metric matches subscriber raw numbers... Samsung makes a lot of $20 Tracfone models propping up their numbers. Samsung is making ZERO profit off those models. Reports have Apple making MINIMUM $100+ per iPhone profits...

It comes down to would YOU like to get a bigger paycheck... And work fewer hours of the day or make fewer widgets??? THAT is the difference these numbers show.

Frankly it would be really scary if Apple DID get the #1 spot... But realize now that there are 3-4 OTHER companies selling MORE phones than Apple EACH ... But three of them had to go to Android to stay alive. Apple is now a medium size fish.

Google vs Apple is Chicken vs Bacon... Google is just putting out products to various OEMS to see what can stick... Apple HAS to sell DEVICES to keep the mother ship going... APPLE's got meat on the table if things don't work out... Google not so much.
post #71 of 75

Samsung is currently more interested in moving devices thus they can undercut Apple or anyone with various products at any price point.  Apple sells hardware but they also have a huge vertical market that Samsung is trying to replicate.  Apple easily sells hardware licenses, apps, media, accessories, and tons of products associated with the iPhone.  Samsung largely depend on selling the devices, they have a component business that's a separate division which makes money too but not at the profit margins that Apple has.
 

post #72 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabhatter View Post

And that point abou Apple having just 3 current models (and one older one) is what makes the INVESTORS drool over Apple. This metric matches subscriber raw numbers... Samsung makes a lot of $20 Tracfone models propping up their numbers. Samsung is making ZERO profit off those models. Reports have Apple making MINIMUM $100+ per iPhone profits...
It comes down to would YOU like to get a bigger paycheck... And work fewer hours of the day or make fewer widgets??? THAT is the difference these numbers show.
Frankly it would be really scary if Apple DID get the #1 spot... But realize now that there are 3-4 OTHER companies selling MORE phones than Apple EACH ... But three of them had to go to Android to stay alive. Apple is now a medium size fish.
Google vs Apple is Chicken vs Bacon... Google is just putting out products to various OEMS to see what can stick... Apple HAS to sell DEVICES to keep the mother ship going... APPLE's got meat on the table if things don't work out... Google not so much.

As an Android user I don't need to worry about all that other stuff.

And Google has to keep Android up to par, which it is doing now with Android 4. Their intentions are of course just more and more ads and what not, but the user experience is being met in some way (not all apps have ads, no ads within the OS), etc.

What ~might~ be scary is that like Apple, Google may actually be now, ideological about Android... They are definitely putting some passion and elbow grease and spit-and-polish into it.

You have been warned.
post #73 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post


As an Android user I don't need to worry about all that other stuff.
And Google has to keep Android up to par, which it is doing now with Android 4. Their intentions are of course just more and more ads and what not, but the user experience is being met in some way (not all apps have ads, no ads within the OS), etc.
What ~might~ be scary is that like Apple, Google may actually be now, ideological about Android... They are definitely putting some passion and elbow grease and spit-and-polish into it.
You have been warned.

First, you do realize that android 4.0 is already 2 generations behind, right?. Your phone is slow, bad quality and obsolete. It might be cheap, but sh*t is sh*t, expensive or not. Why not the much superior Nexus 4?

 

Android is not on par with anything, because it suffers from huge performance problems. That's why you see huge plastic cheap quality phones selling at iPhone-level prices with lag, poor battery life, etc. Apple could have even better battery life, but they choose to create a phone 2 to 3 times more powerful/fast than every single android device, with 8h 4g browsing, great build quality and the best screen and camera on a phone.

 

What "bothers" me, is that you preferred a much inferior product, a sh*t level product (compared to an iPhone) and you are now trying to justify it with "android is wining" and giving warnings and supposing stupid things. Please, I have a brain and I am an intelligent man. I know how to choose, I know witch phone/platform is better. 

 

"Yes, my phone is a disgusting piece of garbage, but things are not that bad and are only going to be better. Apple must be afraid. do you want proof? I don't even have ads inside the OS!"

 

You are the reason that makes it funny to trash Android and it's fandroids. Don't even start with "what's better for you might not be better for me", because this isn't about opinions, it's about facts. Android phones are slower, have worse battery life/displays/camera/less powerful/cheap build quality/etc and the high end models cost the same.

 

If you want a cheap phone, go with it, but don't try to make it look like you did a great and smart thing and apple's doomed.

 

Inform yourself, ignorant.

 

P.S: I bought this medium (at the time) range android phone at the beginning of 2010. (see what i did here? the usual irrational fandroid BS trick to try and talk something bad about Apple, while giving legitimacy to it). I know a lot about Android and I see the right android experience as a positive thing (nexus devices). But iPhone and iOS platform are just on another galaxy (lol) of quality, even if android manages to have 99.999999999999999% market share.

 

That's why I like Nexus phones. They give the right Android experience and are priced accordingly: half of an iPhone.

 

Macs also have lower market share than Windows but are much better and only s*ckers and irrational trolls buy 800+ windows machines. 


Edited by pedromartins - 12/5/12 at 3:45am
post #74 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

First, you do realize that android 4.0 is already 2 generations behind, right?.

Hmm... funny, I have features like Swype, advanced notifications, customisable widgets, screen calibration, etc. etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Your phone is slow, bad quality and obsolete. It might be cheap, but sh*t is sh*t, expensive or not.

The Xperia S screen is nice indoor and outdoor, it has hardware light notifications, quite cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Android is not on par with anything, because it suffers from huge performance problems. That's why you see huge plastic cheap quality phones selling at iPhone-level prices with lag, poor battery life, etc.

Not with Android 4.0 and above, particularly with 4.2 ... "Bad Performance, Laggy, Poor Battery Life" ~ that's now FUD for anything Android 4.0 and above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

What "bothers" me...

You seem to be bothered quite a bit...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

...is that you preferred a much inferior product, a sh*t level product (compared to an iPhone) and you are now trying to justify it with "android is wining" and giving warnings and supposing stupid things. Please, I have a brain and I am an intelligent man. I know how to choose, I know witch phone/platform is better. 

I didn't say Android is "winning", "warning" is fair because users like yourself are in somewhat the dark, like the days when Apple started getting better than windows (eg. 2002-2004). No one is telling you "witch" is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

"Yes, my phone is a disgusting piece of garbage, but things are not that bad and are only going to be better. Apple must be afraid. do you want proof? I don't even have ads inside the OS!"

"Disgusting piece of garbage"... LOL. Erm, iOS has ads "inside the OS" too... As in apps, have ads in iOS and Android.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

You are the reason that makes it funny to trash Android and it's fandroids...

If it is easy/funny for you to "trash" me now, I'd say quit while you're "ahead".
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

If you want a cheap phone, go with it, but don't try to make it look like you did a great and smart thing and apple's doomed.

I didn't say it was cheap. It isn't. Did I do something great? I didn't say so. Did I say Apple is doomed? Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Inform yourself, ignorant.

More insults. Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

P.S: I bought this medium (at the time) range android phone at the beginning of 2010. (see what i did here? the usual irrational fandroid BS trick to try and talk something bad about Apple, while giving legitimacy to it). I know a lot about Android and I see the right android experience as a positive thing (nexus devices). But iPhone and iOS platform are just on another galaxy (lol) of quality, even if android manages to have 99.999999999999999% market share.

Last time I checked it is December 2012. Also, if you did actually buy an Android phone and you regretted it because of a "BS fandroid trick", then, hmm... perhaps clarify your dissatisfaction?

So if you think Nexus is fine, what exactly are you ridiculing me about? Sony Xperia? Nexus 7? Galaxy S2 and S3? Not getting you on this one. You need to separate out whether you are insulting me, my devices, Sony, Samsung, Google, Android, "fanboys", Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10... Please clarify.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Macs also have lower market share than Windows but are much better and only s*ckers and irrational trolls buy 800+ windows machines. 

Right... "irrational trolls" use Windows. 1cool.gif

Edit: Also Nexus 7 has good ambient light adjustment. I've never seen ambient light adjustment work properly or fast enough in all the iPhones and iPads I've owned. Honestly.
Edited by sr2012 - 12/5/12 at 7:55am
post #75 of 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Lol.

Why do you trolls talk like if Apple is losing sales or something similar? They can't ramp up production, for now.

Obviously Android will surpass Apple's market share until markets saturate, after all Apple is always catching up to demand and their products are premium only. In countries where the smartphone market is getting saturated, Apple's market share (that means nothing, only to fandroids, so when this happens is very funny) is only going up. You talk like if Android is rolling over Apple, like if Apple was for once the number 1 in sales and it isn't, but they never were. They never sold as many devices, and they are only going up.

So, again, what's your point?

You do realize that if any innovation comes to the phone market, it will be Apple doing it, right? You do realize that almost all android OEMs are in tremendous difficulty (Sony being one of them, with their shitty "highend" phones that only someone that doesn't know what they are doing can like.), right? You do realize that developers prefer iOS to android, and the discrepancy is only growing, right?

Performance

Every single android device out there, even those based on A-15 ARM, are absolutely trounced by the iPhone in real world tests. The iPhone 5 beats the Galaxy s3 in pretty much every single test, some of them (especially graphics) by a factor of 3. Add to this the fact of Android/java, iOS/cocoa+native Apps, more quality Apps on iOS, and what do we get?

We get that only ignorants will leave the iOS ecosystem, if they can justify buying Highend models. We get that only stupid people will buy the galaxy S3 when even better android phones in every aspect are out there, we get that only someone stupid or ignorant would write what you did write.

Apple is doing just fine. In fact, they never did better. From an engineering point of view, from a design POV, the difference between the iPhone and others was never as great as it is. The problem is that stupid people are allowed to post their opinions as facts, such as yourself.

evidence:

http://www.macworld.com/article/1166236/instagram_release_illustrates_why_developers_pick_ios_over_android.html
(developer interest)

http://techpinions.com/android-v-ios-part-4-developers/9535
(developer interest)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6324/the-iphone-5-performance-preview
(performance, a must read for trolls like you that understand 0 about it)

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57519190-37/iphone-5-galaxy-s3-displays-go-head-to-head-iphone-wins/
(screens, iphone 5 vs S3)

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6454_7-57519018/apple-iphone-5-vs-samsung-galaxy-s3-vs-htc-one-x-the-cameras/
(cameras, iphone 5 vs S3 vs One x)

http://bgr.com/2012/08/06/apple-mobile-industry-profit-share-q2-2012/
(profits)

Are you going man up and say that your opinion is irrelevant, because you understand nothing?
Have a nice day.

I like my Samsung Note 2 a lot more then my husband's iPhone 5. Feature wise the Note defiantly surpasses the iPhone, that doesn't matter though it's what makes you the consumer happier. Throwing a bunch of links to reviews Isn't going to change any minds.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple takes number two spot behind Samsung for all US mobile marketshare