or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Apple hates the baby Jesus -- but only in America

Apple hates the baby Jesus -- but only in America

post #1 of 15

I noticed today that when I log in to my British iTunes account on my iPhone that the header reads "Christmas."  But when I switch back to the American account, it reads "Holiday."

Lame.  Especially considering there aren't any Hanukkah apps in that category (Eid is long over), so there's no reason to call it "Holiday."  Is there some atheist middle manager at Apple in California who thinks he's going to magically burst into a fit of Bible-thumping and foot-washing if he sees the word "Christmas?"

It's a noun. It's a thing that exists.  Get over it.  Apparently the people at Apple UK have.

Here's the screenshots.  iTunes UK on the left, iTunes US on the right.

post #2 of 15

Thanks to the moderator for moving this to a more appropriate category.  I put it in General because I wasn't sure where else it should go.

On a related note -- Christmas is politics now?  Hey, it's your forum -- I won't argue.

post #3 of 15
Originally Posted by Reaperducer View Post

On a related note -- Christmas is politics now?  Hey, it's your forum -- I won't argue.

It's more "no religion anywhere on the site but PO doesn't explicitly say that and that's where all the religious… talk… ends up anyway". 

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

post #4 of 15

People in the UK will never allow PC to override our dignity and pride to the extent Americans do. We didn't win two world wars for nothing.

Merry Christmas. 

"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #5 of 15
If there's nobody objecting, I say give them "Christmas". If people object, then we should be sensitive to that.

Americans on both sides do tend to object a hell of a lot more than people elsewhere. But that doesn't mean they're not right.
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

If there's nobody objecting, I say give them "Christmas". If people object, then we should be sensitive to that.
Americans on both sides do tend to object a hell of a lot more than people elsewhere. But that doesn't mean they're not right.

How about the objectors get to work all through Christmas whilst the rest of us enjoy Christmas? That's the only fair thing here. An eye for an eye.

post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

How about the objectors get to work all through Christmas whilst the rest of us enjoy Christmas? That's the only fair thing here. An eye for an eye.

I do work on Xmas, on New Year's Eve/day, on Easter, on Memorial Day, on Independence Day, on Labor Day.... Do some people actually get those "holidays" OFF ?!?!
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #8 of 15

Be happy you have a job period.

post #9 of 15

It's a good discussion to have, but why the provocative thread title?  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #10 of 15
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post
It's a good discussion to have, but why the provocative thread title?  

Haven't we seen worse here?

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Haven't we seen worse here?

Definitely.  I just don't see the point.  His post is not that inflammatory at all, but the title is.  

post #12 of 15
Quote:

Apple has gotten flack over their windows and the fact what the staff shirts are a Christmas color here in the US. I am often in the stores getting equipment looked over before warranties run out or buying that last few things for the company to write off for the year and I hear at least one person every December screaming at some poor manager about how Apple is anti-semetic because the windows are all Christmas and the staff are in red shirts. Last year a woman was yelling about suing Steve Jobs in the Supreme Court because Apple shows their hatred of Jews by playing Christmas music, etc. yeah she was likely a total loon and clearly a dumb one since Steve has been dead for a good month at that point. but props to that poor employee who just handed her a business card for the legal office and sent her on her way politely.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Apple has gotten flack over their windows and the fact what the staff shirts are a Christmas color here in the US. I am often in the stores getting equipment looked over before warranties run out or buying that last few things for the company to write off for the year and I hear at least one person every December screaming at some poor manager about how Apple is anti-semetic because the windows are all Christmas and the staff are in red shirts. Last year a woman was yelling about suing Steve Jobs in the Supreme Court because Apple shows their hatred of Jews by playing Christmas music, etc. yeah she was likely a total loon and clearly a dumb one since Steve has been dead for a good month at that point. but props to that poor employee who just handed her a business card for the legal office and sent her on her way politely.

Suing them in the Supreme Court for playing Christmas music?  LOL.  

post #14 of 15
Ironic that almost all of that Christmas music was written by jews.
post #15 of 15
Quote:

Ironic that almost all of that Christmas music was written by jews.

Wouldn't that then make those opposed to playing of that music anti-semetic given they'd be opposing the playing of creative expression of some Jewish people not to mention denying them the financial proceeds that likely comes from it.

1wink.gif lol.gif

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Apple hates the baby Jesus -- but only in America