or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official Google Maps iOS app released for iPhone and iPad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official Google Maps iOS app released for iPhone and iPad - Page 3

post #81 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira4u View Post

I'm really impressed with street-view. 

 

I admit my complaint about not having gmaps on iOS 6 was just because of StreetView. So, actually, I've to admit I wouldn't care about Google Maps if GoogleEarth had StreetView. For some reason I'll never understand, StreetView isn't available in GoogleEarth on iOS.

 

I just installed GoogleMaps and I've to say I miss being able to smoothly move to one point to the next. The iPhone5 has a good GPU for doing that. Must I click on the white arrows for moving from one point to another? Can't I just drag my position as I do on my Mac with either the cursor keys or the mouse?

post #82 of 133

For those that still can't download it, just download it on iTunes and either wait for the automatic download or side-install (you can side-install a single app by dragging it to your phone)

post #83 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Is it? Now App Devs can decide which Map App will be opened when they put a Map button in their app. That'll create a schizophrenic experience, going to Apple Maps through App A and going to Google Maps through App B.
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/ios/urlscheme

 

The Google Maps SDK has features that aren't in the Apple SDK. People are going to get better, more functional apps as a result. That's a good thing.

post #84 of 133

This caught me a bit off-guard as I simply assumed it wouldn't be allowed. Obviously I was wrong. From TheVerge:

 

"Speaking of APIs, Google is providing two options to developers of other apps. The first is a "URL Schema," where developers who want to link addresses to Google Maps instead of Apple Maps can easily do that — if users don't have Google Maps installed, the URL would direct them to the App Store. Presumably Google's other iOS apps — including Search, Gmail, and Chrome — will be updated soon to support the Maps integration. The second is a full API for third party developers to integrate Google Maps fully into their app instead of using Apple's Maps."

 

Here's a couple of tips too, courtesy of the same Verge article:

"A two-finger swipe to the left will bring up a menu with toggles for traffic and satellite view (there's also a small button on the lower-right). From anywhere within the app, a shake will bring up an option to send a report to Google detailing some problem with the map or with the app itself."

 

http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/12/3760770/google-maps-iphone-available-features-navigation-transit

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #85 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post


Good point!
Is it? Now App Devs can decide which Map App will be opened when they put a Map button in their app. That'll create a schizophrenic experience, going to Apple Maps through App A and going to Google Maps through App B.
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/ios/urlscheme
There's still maps.google.com for your iPad.
Sewha?
Or give it away, for legal reasons:
http://www.google.com/intl/en_ALL/policies/privacy/
Also, can, and do they really do this:
 

 

It will only create a schizophrenic experience because Apple don't let you choose default apps.

 

As for the privacy policy issue, I'm sure you've read Apple's Privacy Policy that states they collect exactly the same data and they can share it for the exact same reasons, including collecting phone numbers of people you contact and using your data for advertising purposes.  There is nothing unusual about Google's privacy policy and is no more invasive than Apple's.

post #86 of 133
This is good for consumers of course but how does Apple improve its map app now that most people will,probably be using Google's app. Though I don't like that it forces me to sign in with a gmail account. 1oyvey.gif
post #87 of 133

I have to say I love it! I normally have a look at where my jobs are that day with Google Maps on my laptop before I leave the house. So today I jumped in the van, fired up the app and there are my last searches already in the app. Just clicked on the postcode I needed and I'm off. TomTom just became redundant. Thanks Google! 

post #88 of 133
I must say the hyperbole around this is almost vomit worthy. The media breathlessly reporting that this is the best app ever in the history of apps, that its number one free app on the app store (omg you don't say! I would never have expected that,!),0. 1rolleyes.gif only good thing is now that its available on iOS maybe we'll stop getting news stories every time someone has a bad experience with Apple maps.
post #89 of 133
Downloaded with ease, not that I had any problem with Maps
post #90 of 133
Turn by turn added because they were put out in the cold. It's only there to entice us iOS users back to it. They screwed all iOS users before since they were a default. How can any iOS user flock back to them now? We had a movie theater here in town that was the only theater for years. Charged outrageous for stuff and didn't even offer a free refill on your drink. Charged you a full $4 for a refill because that was the drink price. Then a new theater opens here that has better quality and better pricing. Now that old theater that screwed everyone is charging reasonable prices for a change and guess what%u2026%u2026%u2026FREE REFILLS! Will they have everyone's business back? They are empty almost every weekend now. That's how Google screwed iOS users.

I won't be downloading it. I'm happy to support the company that has provided me with great stuff. Long live Apple Maps.
post #91 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I must say the hyperbole around this is almost vomit worthy. The media breathlessly reporting that this is the best app ever in the history of apps, that its number one free app on the app store (omg you don't say! I would never have expected that,!),0. 1rolleyes.gif only good thing is now that its available on iOS maybe we'll stop getting news stories every time someone has a bad experience with Apple maps.

Even David Pogue, occasionally accused of being an Apple shill, has high praise for Google's iOS Maps app.

 

 

"Today, Google Maps for the iPhone has arrived. It’s free, fast and fantastic...

"The recipe for both companies includes map data from TomTom, satellite photography from a different source, real-time traffic data from others, restaurant and store listings from still more sources, and so on. In the end, Apple says that it incorporated data from at least 24 different sources.

Those sources always include errors, if only because the world constantly changes. Worse, those sources sometimes disagree with one another. It takes years to fix the problems and mesh these data sources together.

So the first great thing about Google’s new Maps is the underlying data. Hundreds of Google employees have spent years hand-editing the maps, fixing the thousands of errors that people report every day. (In the new app, you report a mistake just by shaking the phone.) And since 2006, Google’s Street View vehicles have trawled 3,000 cities, photographing and confirming the cartographical accuracy of five million miles of roads.

You can sense the new app’s polish and intelligence the minute you enter your first address; it’s infinitely more understanding. When I type “200 W 79, NYC,” Google Maps drops a pin right where it belongs: on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

Apple’s Maps app, on the other hand, acts positively drunk. It asks me to clarify: “Did you mean 200 Durham Road, Madison, CT? Or 200 Madison Road, Durham, CT?”

Um, what?

And then there’s the navigation. Lots of iPhone owners report that they’ve had no problem with Apple’s driving instructions, and that’s great. But I’ve been idiotically misdirected a few times — and the trouble is, you never know in advance. You wind up with a deep mistrust of the app that’s hard to shake. Google’s directions weren’t great in the app’s early days either, and they’re still not always perfect. But after years of polishing and corrections, they’re right a lot more often."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/13/technology/personaltech/google-maps-app-for-iphone-goes-in-the-right-direction-review.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #92 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

What's breaking is if Google Maps for iOS app is now released it means a major revision for Maps.app is coming.

Mmm... I hope so!

Google maps looks fine, but I prefer Apple maps and think it will be a better long-range solution.

I do not like the way Google does business and the liberties they take with privacy, other people's IP, etc.. I do not trust Google!

In 34 years of dealing with them, I have found no reason to distrust Apple!
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #93 of 133

I personally don't need or want it.  I haven't used street view for about 2-3 years on my laptop.  For the times that I did use it, it was a cool novelty but wasn't really useful.  The birds eye 3D, while still kind of a novelty at this point, has proven to be more useful and has the potential to become one of those must haves for me because it allows me to see what the entire area looks like - not just some progressive snapshots.  Don't get me wrong, street view is interesting and it floats some people's boats, but not mine.  It's great for them to have this choice.  For me though, the apple maps interfaces are intuitive.  The data issues they are having I have only experienced once or twice, which is not bad.  Over time this will improve.

 

The bigger thing here is I'm trying to shy away from google services, especially the ones I have to log in for.  I'm either going to give my data to Google or Apple, and I'd much prefer Apple to have it at this point.  While I assume there are some features that you don't have to log in for using Google maps (iOS app), there are some that you do.  One of the biggest detractors when using the web apps, for me, is the persistent session across them all.  You login to gmail, and it keeps you logged in while doing searches, looking at maps, etc etc.  I know why users may want that, but for me, I only want to be logged in for the mail, everything else is just superfluous.  It's their way of collecting more data about us that I don't necessarily want to give up.  As much as I have enjoyed gmail, Ive felt the need to move away from it because of this, because I don't want google to have my emails as well.  

 

I and a few others here are probably in the minority on this, but Google has put their fingers in too many places and to reiterate, I will not be downloading this app, no matter how many others claim it is better.

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply
post #94 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExceptionHandler View Post

The bigger thing here is I'm trying to shy away from google services, especially the ones I have to log in for.  I'm either going to give my data to Google or Apple, and I'd much prefer Apple to have it at this point.  While I assume there are some features that you don't have to log in for using Google maps (iOS app), there are some that you do.  One of the biggest detractors when using the web apps, for me, is the persistent session across them all.  You login to gmail, and it keeps you logged in while doing searches, looking at maps, etc etc.  I know why users may want that, but for me, I only want to be logged in for the mail, everything else is just superfluous.  It's their way of collecting more data about us that I don't necessarily want to give up.  As much as I have enjoyed gmail, Ive felt the need to move away from it because of this, because I don't want google to have my emails as well.  

Excellent point you bring here!

PS Some people use a different browser in which they open their Gmail and another browser for maps etc.
post #95 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

This is good for consumers of course but how does Apple improve its map app now that most people will,probably be using Google's app. Though I don't like that it forces me to sign in with a gmail account. 1oyvey.gif

I think you grossly over estimate how much this app will be utilized. Or rather, how little Apple Maps will.

Download numbers for Google Maps will not be a reflection of the number of users eschewing Apple Maps. It's simply a number of those who have downloaded Google Maps. Why not try it out? Why not keep a backup? I have tried it (and like it) but much prefer Apple Maps so I'll continue using Apple Maps. I know that's anecdotal, but is suspect I will not alone here.

PS: you don't have to sign in. Just choose SKIP.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #96 of 133
Seems to available again this morning. I installed at about 7am EST
post #97 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonX View Post

Finally! It's here!!! And it has driving directions working with my iPhone 4, not like the stupid Apple Maps! My iPhone 4 is working again! Thank you Google! 1biggrin.gif

Yes.
And finally my iPhone 4 has turn-by-turn in Portuguese... thanks to Google. 1smile.gif
post #98 of 133
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post
Haha, cool!

 

Yes, "cool". Now imagine trying to get directions while on a bumpy road.

 

Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post
So right, now how do we delete Apple Maps and integrate it in the OS? I guess a JB will eventually do that.

 

Just delete your iPhone.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #99 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxt View Post

I'm sticking with Windows 3.1! FU Google!


I'm sticking with my Spectrum ZX! It had better maps! FU Google! :D

post #100 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


How exactly does your comment make sense? Apple green lighting Google's competing service (and a dozen others) on their App Store is shutting out the competition how?


Save your breath... just leave it at "not making sense" because the answer you receive has a high probability of making even less sense.


Edited by island hermit - 12/13/12 at 8:17am
na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #101 of 133

Great news!  Glad they got it out.  Played around with it this morning and it looks really nice!  I can finally upgrade to iOS 6 now.  Hallelujah.  1biggrin.gif

post #102 of 133
This morning on CNBC Jim Cramer was just shaking his head at the things that drive Apple and Google stock. He couldn't believe Google's stock would be up $15 pre-market because of maps on iPhone. He was dumbfounded how much these stocks don't trade on fundamentals but trade on the news of the day. One day Apple's stock is up because some analyst predicts better iPhone sales, the next day it's down because someone else claims there are supply constraints with iPad mini. And then of course you have Amazon who posts a quarterly loss and the stock goes up 6% next day. I've said it before and will say it again, anyone who thinks Apple's stock isn't manipulated is crazy.
post #103 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I think you grossly over estimate how much this app will be utilized. Or rather, how little Apple Maps will.
Download numbers for Google Maps will not be a reflection of the number of users eschewing Apple Maps. It's simply a number of those who have downloaded Google Maps. Why not try it out? Why not keep a backup? I have tried it (and like it) but much prefer Apple Maps so I'll continue using Apple Maps. I know that's anecdotal, but is suspect I will not alone here.
PS: you don't have to sign in. Just choose SKIP.
crap, I didn't see skip. Oh we'll I'll be signing out now.

I have to laugh though when I went to the App Store to download and saw the 5 star rating. My guess is people are giving it 5 stars without having used much at all. Just because its better than Apple's app (right now).
post #104 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Haha, cool!

Yes, "cool". Now imagine trying to get directions while on a bumpy road.

post #105 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs View Post

I admit my complaint about not having gmaps on iOS 6 was just because of StreetView. So, actually, I've to admit I wouldn't care about Google Maps if GoogleEarth had StreetView. For some reason I'll never understand, StreetView isn't available in GoogleEarth on iOS.

Some reason you don't understand? Have you been sleeping through the last few years?

Google offers crappy products for iOS in order to try to drive customers to use Android. It's only when Apple says 'enough is enough' and releases their own product that Google finally fixes their iOS apps.

I think it's highly likely that Google Maps will continue to be sub-standard on iOS until Apple or someone else releases something better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

This caught me a bit off-guard as I simply assumed it wouldn't be allowed. Obviously I was wrong. From TheVerge:


"Speaking of APIs, Google is providing two options to developers of other apps. The first is a "URL Schema," where developers who want to link addresses to Google Maps instead of Apple Maps can easily do that — if users don't have Google Maps installed, the URL would direct them to the App Store. Presumably Google's other iOS apps — including Search, Gmail, and Chrome — will be updated soon to support the Maps integration. The second is a 
full API for third party developers
 to integrate Google Maps fully into their app instead of using Apple's Maps."


Here's a couple of tips too, courtesy of the same Verge article:

"A two-finger swipe to the left will bring up a menu with toggles for traffic and satellite view (there's also a small button on the lower-right). From anywhere within the app, a shake will bring up an option to send a report to Google detailing some problem with the map or with the app itself."


http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/12/3760770/google-maps-iphone-available-features-navigation-transit

The fact that they're trying doesn't mean that they'll get away with it. There are plenty of examples tried to find a way to go around Apple's rules and were caught.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #106 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post


Some reason you don't understand? Have you been sleeping through the last few years?
Google offers crappy products for iOS in order to try to drive customers to use Android. It's only when Apple says 'enough is enough' and releases their own product that Google finally fixes their iOS apps.
I think it's highly likely that Google Maps will continue to be sub-standard on iOS until Apple or someone else releases something better.
The fact that they're trying doesn't mean that they'll get away with it. There are plenty of examples tried to find a way to go around Apple's rules and were caught.

I might add that when Apple replaced the old Google Map apps with Apple Maps that people begin to realize Google has done so much evil to iPhone users.  

post #107 of 133
It's obvious that Google couldn't do without all that lovely data generated by iOS users - and had to get it back no matter what. "Want some goodies, kiddies? Here we are coming to your (our) rescue!"
Edited by AlexN - 12/13/12 at 12:28pm
post #108 of 133
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

 

I'd think more getting rid of the feature entirely (or not having it on by default) makes more sense. Map means mobile.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #109 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Is it? Now App Devs can decide which Map App will be opened when they put a Map button in their app. That'll create a schizophrenic experience, going to Apple Maps through App A and going to Google Maps through App B.
https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/ios/urlscheme

The Google Maps SDK has features that aren't in the Apple SDK. People are going to get better, more functional apps as a result. That's a good thing.

What features does the Google Maps SDK have that aren't in the Apple SDK?
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #110 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

Why couldn't Google just have done turn-by-turn before the fight? They ended up doing it anyway!
Btw, not available on App Store.

 

Google put the offer on the table.  But required Apple to license it and allow it to be branded "Nav by Google" or something similar.  The license fee Apple didn't seem to have an issue with.  They just didn't want Google being allowed to label the tech as their own, so the talks broke down.

 

At least that's what I get from reading various sources.

\Apple has always had competition. It's just been in its blind spot.
Reply
\Apple has always had competition. It's just been in its blind spot.
Reply
post #111 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Yes, "cool". Now imagine trying to get directions while on a bumpy road.

 

I was thinking the same thing about the shake to send feedback but forgot to mention it in my post.  Whose bright idea at Google was that?  Also imagine this while walking down the street.   To easy to generate a false positive with that "feature".

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply
post #112 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExceptionHandler View Post

 

I was thinking the same thing about the shake to send feedback but forgot to mention it in my post.  Whose bright idea at Google was that?  Also imagine this while walking down the street.   To easy to generate a false positive with that "feature".

 

I'm pretty sure there's a threshold you have to cross in Gs felt by the accelerometers before the feature kicks in.

\Apple has always had competition. It's just been in its blind spot.
Reply
\Apple has always had competition. It's just been in its blind spot.
Reply
post #113 of 133
On My 4S, the map update seems very jumpy.

It does not seem to be interpolating/smoothing the GPS data, so the map jumps forward and backwards around the car while I drive.

Apple maps App looks better and scrolls smoother, IMHO.
post #114 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExceptionHandler View Post

 

I was thinking the same thing about the shake to send feedback but forgot to mention it in my post.  Whose bright idea at Google was that?  Also imagine this while walking down the street.   To easy to generate a false positive with that "feature".

Have you tried it for yourself to see how easy it is to actually activate the feature accidentally? I suspect it's not the problem you envision it to be.

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #115 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I'd think more getting rid of the feature entirely (or not having it on by default) makes more sense. Map means mobile.

Same question to you TS. Are you seeing "shake to report" being activated inadvertantly.

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #116 of 133
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post
Same question to you TS. Are you seeing "shake to report" being activated inadvertantly.

 

I'll stick with my Apple-presented Google Maps, I think. lol.gif

 

I was just posing a hypothesis.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #117 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Have you tried it for yourself to see how easy it is to actually activate the feature accidentally? I suspect it's not the problem you envision it to be.

I haven't tried it for this app, but the "Shake to..." in other apps is pretty sensitive, any bump can do it. I don't know if there is a sensitivity setting that a developer can choose.

And lest anyone accuse me of provincialism, I am installing the Google one, though I don't expect to use it a lot. For me, Apple's service often generated better routes than Google's, be it within a city, between cities or between states. The linking of addresses between on the desktop to phone might come in handy though.
Edited by JeffDM - 12/13/12 at 9:42am
post #118 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Have you tried it for yourself to see how easy it is to actually activate the feature accidentally? I suspect it's not the problem you envision it to be.

 

I have not and I do not desire to download the app.  It was more or less me speculating/curious about the functionality - it doesn't make much sense to me, but obviously it did to someone else.  As a developer (not iOS), it is my job to think about use cases and "thresholds" for events to activate.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post


I haven't tried it for this app, but the "Shake to..." in other apps is pretty sensitive, any bump can do it. I don't know if there is a sensitivity setting that a developer can choose.

 

This has been my experience, too.  It seems to easy to trigger a "shake" event in other apps.  However, I would hope there would be some way for a developer to control the threshold at which the "shake" event occurs.  I would imagine the OS/hardware reports the intensity of acceleration to apps that subscribe to the input and it is up to the app to do something at any given intensity.  Not being familiar with iOS or Objective-C, I don't really know, but as a developer that is what I would expect.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I'll stick with my Apple-presented Google Maps, I think. lol.gif

 

I was just posing a hypothesis.

 

FTFY.  And agreed.  I've given enough of my data to Google.  I have no desire to give more.

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply

W. Pauli, winner of the Nobel prize in physics, said that all scientific methods fail when questions of origin are involved.


http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

http://www.answersingenesis.org...

Reply
post #119 of 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

I'll stick with my Apple-presented Google Maps, I think. lol.gif

 

I was just posing a hypothesis.

You don't have to become a regular user, but at least trying it out a few times would help you better understand other user's comments wouldn't it? After that ignore it's there unless you have another question, or if it really bothers you delete it altogether. 

melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #120 of 133
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post
You don't have to become a regular user, but at least trying it out a few times would help you better understand other user's comments wouldn't it? After that ignore it's there unless you have another question, or if it really bothers you delete it altogether. 

 

Still counts as a download for them. And yes, I am that vindictive. lol.gif

 

It only works on my iPad, anyway, and it's not designed for that. I'll stick with the maps I have.

 

I love how there are magically 9351 5-star reviews already. I love how the first review is "I almost died in Australia. thank god this is out."

 

YEP, GOOGLE SURE ISN'T SKEWING THOSE REVIEWS IN ANY CAPACITY. THERE'S NO FOUL PLAY GOING ON HERE.


Edited by Tallest Skil - 12/13/12 at 10:32am

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Official Google Maps iOS app released for iPhone and iPad