or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › 3gs on 4.3.5 should I update

3gs on 4.3.5 should I update

post #1 of 5

I have the above phone and now I am finding that a lot of apps won't run because I didn't upgrade to os5 - that's because every time I looked at the forums people were having problems - of course now os6 is out and I don't know what to do for the best.  I am unlikely to upgrade the phone because I am not on a contract.

My husband also has a ipad first generation and it is saying about updating to 5.1.1 should he do that ?

thanks

post #2 of 5

I want to tell you to get iOS 6 on your iPhone, but I forget how well it runs on the 3GS. The 3GS should never have received iOS 6, so that probably tells you a little, but many have updated and I don't recall much of a backlash. Perhaps someone here who owns a 3GS could help you further.

As for your husband's iPad, 100% update it to 5.1.1.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

post #3 of 5

upgrade... 

My daughter has no complaints with her 3GS running whatever the latest version of iOS is for it.

If a teenage girl can stand it, it must be OK. ;)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #4 of 5

Indeed, they are usually the first to complain if something is awry. 1wink.gif

post #5 of 5

We've got a 3G on iOS 6. It runs great. Go for it.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › 3gs on 4.3.5 should I update