or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sold 2 million iPhone 5 units in China launch weekend

Apple sold 2 million iPhone 5 units in China launch weekend - Page 3

post #81 of 84
If u look at the PE . Google PE is almost doubled of AAPL. But AAPL is earning 4 times more than google .
How non sense it is .
post #82 of 84
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post
How exactly does the stock market work again?

if (stockSymbol == "AAPL")

purchaseAction = "sell";

else

purchaseAction = "buy";

Elsewhere in the code:

if (POverE > 3000 && stockSymbol = "AMZN")

purchaseAction = "buy, despite all logic to the contrary";

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #83 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthorim View Post

And the bears - well I have no idea, I think it's simply a change of the tide, plus a feeling of "how much higher can it go"; the law of large numbers, which isn't really a law at all. I overheard some guys at the coffee shop recently, and I believe they are representative for the small investors: Both over 60, completely clueless about tech, one says to the other, watch Google, they're good now; the other one says something about shorting Apple. They clearly read something online, or saw that TV show where somebody is shouting about stocks for 15 minutes straight. In my opinion, professional analysts are fueling the flames so they can shear these sheep every now and then.

And guess what?  A lot of people have made a lot of money in the past couple months doing just that, while those long have lost money.  So don't hate, they were right (or at least the ones who did it a month ago).

post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

The correct way of looking at the 2 million number is not looking at the total population of China.  The correct way is looking at the number of subscribers at China Unicom and China Telecom.  And you should know the number one is China mobile who has over 600 million subscribers  

the correct way to look at this should be that apple got almost 1.6billion$ revenue within a god damned weekend. one i5 device is sold at $850. apple is making fcuking shit load money during just one lousy and cold december weekend. who the fcuk gives a shit about china mobile?

ppl are saying that there are perks to attract buyers. then please show me those perks. i got perk emails on various products all the time, but when i finally made to stores, i usually don't see them much. they just want to lure me into their stores.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sold 2 million iPhone 5 units in China launch weekend