or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone takes 68.2% of new small & medium business smartphone activations

Apple's iPhone takes 68.2% of new small & medium business smartphone activations - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNZ V3 View Post

You're going to equate a language translation with AES encryption? 

[...]

I never once made any comment for or against PGP encryption. Your started argument was clear (and misguided): If you can't figure that out then it must be secure. I merely pointed out that your logic is inherently flawed. If you can't see that then you're an enigma.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

But . . . isn't Android supposed to be "winning"?

Eric just said they are.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
post #43 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

As has been stated several times earlier, this article is about a single vendor with a highly specialized product.  When you find outlier statistics like this, it's probably best to look for correlations among multiple sources.

Exactly.   This is a publicity attempt by a vendor for small or medium businesses that don't have their own Exchange Server.  

I create apps for a company that's well within the top twenty of the Fortune 500.  They're currently deploying tens of thousands of Android tablets to their workers.  Those Android tablets won't show up in this company's data, because the big boys DO have their own Exchange Servers.

Heck, if they also deployed a ton of iPads, they wouldn't show up either.

As a side note, it's not very wise of a company like this to reveal internal information about their customers' device usage.   

Edited by KDarling - 12/19/12 at 7:12pm
post #44 of 49

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 3/15/13 at 10:00am
post #45 of 49
Quote:

As has been stated several times earlier, this article is about a single vendor with a highly specialized product.  When you find outlier statistics like this, it's probably best to look for correlations among multiple sources.

You still trying with your lame attempts to discredit every single study done that gives the advantage to Apple or iOS? You tried with that study using data from Akamai which I totally discredited by pointing out that their analytics software is so lousy they can't even separate data by device type (so they had to "theorize" what effect iPads had on overall internet data).

While you can question a single study what do you do when multiple studies from different companies tracking different metrics all come up with similar numbers? Are you going to claim they are all faulty while touting your useless single study with flawed data performed by outdated analytics software as being correct? Seriously? That's your answer? Pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Exactly.   This is a publicity attempt by a vendor for small or medium businesses that don't have their own Exchange Server.  

I create apps for a company that's well within the top twenty of the Fortune 500.  They're currently deploying tens of thousands of Android tablets to their workers.  Those Android tablets won't show up in this company's data, because the big boys DO have their own Exchange Servers.

Heck, if they also deployed a ton of iPads, they wouldn't show up either.

As a side note, it's not very wise of a company like this to reveal internal information about their customers' device usage.   

So first you're an expert on multi touch devices with "decades" of experience programming and now you're a developer writing Apps for a top 20 Fortune 500 company? You avoided my questions about which multitouch devices you've worked with, so I'll try again.

Which tablets are they deploying? Which version of Android are they using? What are you using to develop the Apps? What are the workers doing with their tablets that require specialized Apps? They obviously did some sort of study so what were the requirements that caused them to pick an inferior tablet/OS for Enterprise use?
Edited by EricTheHalfBee - 12/19/12 at 10:36pm
post #46 of 49
Quote:

Judging from today's IDC report, you may be right:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1073471-look-out-apple-samsung-is-eating-your-smartphone-lunch
Useless data since, as usual, Samsung doesn't break down those figures by device. A better number is the average selling price of a Samsung smartphone which verifies they sell a LOT of cheap phones for every GS3 or Note they sell.

As a developer I don't care about total sales - I care about sales of devices that are capable of properly running my App. I don't code for phones with 2.8" 240x320 screens running single core processors slower than an abacus.
post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What self-respecting business trusts Gmail?!

I knew a guy, was doing some work for Lockheed-Martin, didn't think twice about sending them a file using his Gmail account: they called him up immediately and almost fired him on the spot.

No business wants Google to know what they're doing.

Love your custom tagline 1biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez 
As has been stated several times earlier, this article is about a single vendor with a highly specialized product. When you find outlier statistics like this, it's probably best to look for correlations among multiple sources.

Shh... Don't make sense, they don't like it on here forums...
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarcoot View Post

Android is winning!

That should be 'Android is whining'.

post #49 of 49
Read the article before you comment
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple's iPhone takes 68.2% of new small & medium business smartphone activations
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone takes 68.2% of new small & medium business smartphone activations