or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 price in a physical store

iPhone 5 price in a physical store

post #1 of 5
Hi folks,
I plan to purchase an unlocked IPhone 5 16Gb in San Francisco this February and I wonder what is the price in a physical Apple Store? I know it's definitely more than $650 but how much exactly? Thanks for help!
post #2 of 5

Why would it be more? That's the price. Local tax, of course.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #3 of 5

It's good to hear :-) Ok, with a local tax what is the price for an unlocked iPhone 5 (16 Gb)?

PS. And I still wonder - why tax can't be included into a price? It would be way easier to know how much I should pay - no brainer, right? :-)

post #4 of 5
Originally Posted by Artyom Diogtev View Post
It's good to hear :-) Ok, with a local tax what is the price for an unlocked iPhone 5 (16 Gb)?

I dunno. What's the sales tax in LA? I take it you don't live there.

It's 7.25 to 9.25% in California, depending. I have no idea what the "depending" is; I don't live there, either.

PS. And I still wonder - why tax can't be included into a price? It would be way easier to know how much I should pay - no brainer, right? :-)

I personally hate the way VAT works, but that's me. Different strokes, I guess.

post #5 of 5

Were are you picking up your phone?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 price in a physical store