or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple updates MFi guidelines after Kickstarter project flap

Apple updates MFi guidelines after Kickstarter project flap - Page 2

post #41 of 44

I dunno Hill. Was that "Google's main concern"?

melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #42 of 44
I don't buy any of this, especially the "It is unclear if the change is in response to the media blitz surrounding POP's demise." This whole story is total b.s. and plays on the iHater's wet dreams of "forcing" Apple to do something they didn't want to do. If Cook starts kowtowing to techie demands the next iPad will have a SCSI port and Blu-Ray drive I guess, Guy Kawasaki be damned.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

I don't buy any of this, especially the "It is unclear if the change is in response to the media blitz surrounding POP's demise." This whole story is total b.s. and plays on the iHater's wet dreams of "forcing" Apple to do something they didn't want to do. 

Perhaps it plays to Apple LOVERS' dreams about getting Apple to make a change so they could buy and use the device.   No one else would care about having a compatible port.  

If Cook starts kowtowing to techie demands the next iPad will have a SCSI port and Blu-Ray drive I guess, Guy Kawasaki be damned.

Funny you should invoke the name of Apple's former top evangelist.

Guy Kawasaki has dropped iOS completely and gone all Android.   He now says:

"To me the great irony is that Apple’s slogan was `Think Different,’ but today if you think different you’re looking at Android."

--

I say, "buy whatever fits your needs, and don't worry about what others think.''

In that same vein, I think that Cook marches to his own drummer, while really wanting to please his customers.

Edited by KDarling - 12/25/12 at 3:06pm
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDarling View Post

Guy Kawasaki has dropped iOS completely and gone all Android

Which is precisely why I mentioned him and damned him in the same sentence.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple updates MFi guidelines after Kickstarter project flap