or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's Fusion Drive now available on new entry-level 21.5" iMac orders

Apple's Fusion Drive now available on new entry-level 21.5" iMac orders - Page 4

post #121 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I've used Handbrake for my conversion needs up to now an was just reading all there is about iVI and how people use it. I also read that sometimes iTunes is to blame for not truly knowing if a video should be in what folder and what tag to have.

iTunes not putting it in the proper category has never been an issue with about 1000 items. When iVI adds the metadata it determines if it's a Movie, TV Show, or Home Movie and this has only ever failed on the iVI side of things from issue with using The Movie DB and The TV DB for figuring out the proper info.
Quote:
So yes, taking it slowly is a good tip, thanks. Stupid thing is I used to have my video's in iTunes (2007 I believe) but I wasn't able to create iTunes capable versions of every video so I stopped and went back to manage them in the Finder. It's all properly named, but obviously limited in truly tagging, missing out on watch count and such.

I had all my content named well in Finder, too. Movies were name (####) for year and TV shows were name - S##E## - episode_name. For TV shows it looks for the name and S##E## but if there was an older show that had that name and you were putting the (####) year in the file name because it was unimportant you it would see it improperly.

For example, Archer - S01E01 would be wrong but Archer (2009) - S01E01 would work almost perfectly. I say almost because I still had to scroll the images options to find the one that is portrait mode that looks proper in iTunes Library.

You can do mass changes in iVI so it can make easy work of those odd files. I wish someone would make Shazam for video. I think sampling video would be too processing and bandwidth intensive, but what about grabbing just the audio from TV shows and movies to compare against a database like Shazam. You'd need a larger sample due to the dead space in a dialogue over music, and possibly more than one sample to make sure it's not a fluke but I think it could be done.
Quote:
So, for € 8.99 I'm getting to do some work, for which I have all the time in the world now that I broke my big toe yesterday. Kinda hurts, if only for not being able to run, cycle or swim.

Did your big toe owe you money? Surely you set an example for your other toes. Seriously though, hope your toe gets better.
Edited by SolipsismX - 1/19/13 at 9:51pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #122 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I had all my content named well in Finder, too. Movies were name (####) for year and TV shows were name - S##E## - episode_name. For TV shows it looks for the name and S##E## but if there was an older show that had that name and you were putting the (####) year in the file name because it was unimportant you it would see it improperly.

Oh, good tips, again. Thank you.
Quote:
I wish someone would make Shazam for video.

Simple but great idea! And you're giving away how a developer should go about it, hats off.
Quote:
Did your big toe owe you money? Surely you set an example for your other toes.

Darn, why am I not getting it? Must be because I'm not American. Well, still funny, but I wish I'd know the reference, if there is one.
Quote:
Seriously though, hope your toe gets better.

Thank you.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
I’d rather have a better product than a better price.
post #123 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Darn, why am I not getting it? Must be because I'm not American. Well, still funny, but I wish I'd know the reference, if there is one.

Just a bad joke. The reference is to the mafia, loan sharks, or some other organization that uses violence if you don't pay money you owe them.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's Fusion Drive now available on new entry-level 21.5" iMac orders