or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › BEWARE: Perhaps a lethal dose of irony brought to you by, who else? <THE VATICAN!

BEWARE: Perhaps a lethal dose of irony brought to you by, who else? <THE VATICAN!

Poll Results: Is the Pope aware of the irony of discussing the plight of the poor while draped in fine silks and jewelry, perched atop a golden throne, inside a fucking palace?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 33% (1)
    Nope, he's hopelessly oblivious to the appalling irony of it all.
  • 0% (0)
    Yes, but Jesus so all is forgiven.
  • 66% (2)
    Emperor Palpatine is laughing it up with his Cardinals, wondering what he can say next to top this.
3 Total Votes  
post #1 of 2

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-worries-gap-between-rich-poor-142806432--finance.html

The pope is worried about the gap between the rich and the poor.  I AM ROLLING MY EYES AS HARD AS I CAN.  OH FSM IT HURTS.  Will he perhaps stop telling people not to wear condoms?  Will he sell off some of his piles of treasure to help the needy?  Doubtful on all counts.

6GYWR.jpg

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #2 of 2

We disagree on most things (particularly faith), but I did have to laugh out loud at the Emperor Palpatine thing.  I was just showing a clip of musical performance to my students.  The Pope was in the audience, on his thrown, surrounded by cardinals (or whatever).  One of my kids said "Is that emperor from Star Wars?"  I lost it.  

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › BEWARE: Perhaps a lethal dose of irony brought to you by, who else? <THE VATICAN!