or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › i cant sync any device

i cant sync any device

post #1 of 17

hi im james

when i try to sync any device iPad iPhone Itunes just stops working ive tryed to reinstall itunes and done outher things aswell so yea please help

Thanks James       

Edited by james0060 - 1/12/13 at 12:20am
post #2 of 17

Hello James,

What do you see when you're trying to sync? Do any windows pop up with error codes? Does iTunes tell you anything specific?

post #3 of 17

well is says: iTunes has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaolable

post #4 of 17

anyone have any idear

post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0060 View Post

well is says: iTunes has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaolable

For iTunes crashing during sync under Windows, try the following two options:

http://vextasy.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/a-solution-to-the-itunes-has-stopped-working-problem-on-vista/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4326076?start=0&tstart=0

The first suggests deauthorizing and reauthorizing your computer. The second suggests updating drivers and uninstalling / reinstalling iTunes. If it does it partly during the sync, you can try setting it to manual sync and only select a few things to see if it's something wrong in your iTunes library.
post #6 of 17

the frist method did not work:( and in the second it says a blue screen message mine is just a message not a blue screen message

Edited by james0060 - 1/19/13 at 11:04pm
post #7 of 17

none of them worked any other idears?

Edited by james0060 - 1/19/13 at 11:24pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:

none of them worked any other idears?

Did you try a manual sync with just syncing a small number of items e.g just contacts?
post #9 of 17

i cant even sync contacts

Edited by james0060 - 1/20/13 at 3:31am
post #10 of 17
Quote:

i cant even sync contacts

Try going through these steps:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717
post #11 of 17

why is this so hard just to get itunes working?

post #12 of 17
Quote:

why is this so hard just to get itunes working?

Probably because you're running it under Windows. Apple intends iTunes to be a glass of ice water in the hell that is Windows but occasionally they fill the glass with something other than water just to remind you that buying a Mac is a good idea.

It's the same reason why Microsoft makes Outlook and Office worse for the Mac than for Windows.
post #13 of 17

i see

post #14 of 17

DID NOT WORK!!!!

post #15 of 17

im thinking just going to apple and complaning !!! but stilll any idears?

post #16 of 17
have you tried powercycling?
post #17 of 17

whats that?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › i cant sync any device