or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › i cant sync any device

i cant sync any device

post #1 of 17

hi im james

when i try to sync any device iPad iPhone Itunes just stops working ive tryed to reinstall itunes and done outher things aswell so yea please help

Thanks James       

Edited by james0060 - 1/12/13 at 12:20am
post #2 of 17

Hello James,

What do you see when you're trying to sync? Do any windows pop up with error codes? Does iTunes tell you anything specific?

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #3 of 17

well is says: iTunes has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaolable

post #4 of 17

anyone have any idear

post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0060 View Post

well is says: iTunes has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaolable

For iTunes crashing during sync under Windows, try the following two options:

http://vextasy.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/a-solution-to-the-itunes-has-stopped-working-problem-on-vista/
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4326076?start=0&tstart=0

The first suggests deauthorizing and reauthorizing your computer. The second suggests updating drivers and uninstalling / reinstalling iTunes. If it does it partly during the sync, you can try setting it to manual sync and only select a few things to see if it's something wrong in your iTunes library.
post #6 of 17

the frist method did not work:( and in the second it says a blue screen message mine is just a message not a blue screen message

Edited by james0060 - 1/19/13 at 11:04pm
post #7 of 17

none of them worked any other idears?

Edited by james0060 - 1/19/13 at 11:24pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:

none of them worked any other idears?

Did you try a manual sync with just syncing a small number of items e.g just contacts?
post #9 of 17

i cant even sync contacts

Edited by james0060 - 1/20/13 at 3:31am
post #10 of 17
Quote:

i cant even sync contacts

Try going through these steps:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717
post #11 of 17

why is this so hard just to get itunes working?

post #12 of 17
Quote:

why is this so hard just to get itunes working?

Probably because you're running it under Windows. Apple intends iTunes to be a glass of ice water in the hell that is Windows but occasionally they fill the glass with something other than water just to remind you that buying a Mac is a good idea.

It's the same reason why Microsoft makes Outlook and Office worse for the Mac than for Windows.
post #13 of 17

i see

post #14 of 17

DID NOT WORK!!!!

post #15 of 17

im thinking just going to apple and complaning !!! but stilll any idears?

post #16 of 17
have you tried powercycling?
post #17 of 17

whats that?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › i cant sync any device