or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Car slams into Chicago Apple Store during business hours [u]

Car slams into Chicago Apple Store during business hours [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That seems to imply that trying to entertain others with jokes is foolish. I certainly don't expect every joke I make to be funny or that everyone will enjoy my sense of humor but I do try.

Aren't we always someone else's fool?

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Apple needs Gorilla Glass for their store fronts.

Gorilla Glass isn't designed to stop cars... or they'd do glass luxury cars :p

post #43 of 56

Not to bright a statement you posted.

post #44 of 56

No, each Apple genius should be issued their own car in store for protection, and each customer will drive their own in store.

Edited by Proximityeffect - 1/14/13 at 4:05am
post #45 of 56
Woman driver?
post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by irnchriz View Post

Woman driver?

Isn't that the meaning of this sign?

"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #47 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That seems to imply that trying to entertain others with jokes is foolish. I certainly don't expect every joke I make to be funny or that everyone will enjoy my sense of humor but I do try.

Making jokes when the material doesn't lend to it is quite foolish. Yourself and many on here have made funny jokes in the past but this thread was lacking.
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"I got the answer by talking in my brain and I agreed of the answer my brain got" a 7 yr old explaining his math HW
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Well, obviously the solution to the problem is to ban all cars, and then nothing like this can ever happen again.

obviously, the solution would be for the driver to sue apple in court, claiming that because of the glass facade, he didn't know the building actually existed. thus making millions of dollars profit, while forcing apple to put up a brick & mortar facade.

post #49 of 56

So a driver crashed windows... nothing new here.

post #50 of 56
Why don't Apple place bollards outside their store fronts?
post #51 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbriton View Post

Why don't Apple place bollards outside their store fronts?

Why don't drivers stay off the sidewalk?

Apple doesn't want bollards. No reason why they should need them.
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #52 of 56

Maybe it was Jake & Elwood.  And they were on a mission from God?

post #53 of 56
That's probably a Google driverless car they were experimenting with. That would be funny if it was. It's a shame someone got hurt and the apple store was hit. But I'm sure the driver was either drunk or just wanted their iMac, iPhone and iPad a little too much.

I wonder what would happen if. They started selling iPads and iPhones in drive througha.
post #54 of 56

Dang, looks pretty messy. I wonder how much the crash cost them in damage.

post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Another possible theory is that the driver picked up his phone to make a phone call, and the phone was one of those gigantic Android Phablets that are bigger than a person's face, thus completely obstructing the driver's view, causing the car to understandably veer out of control and crash into the Apple store.

Ever hear of Bluetooth?  

Odds are the person was simply old and senile...

post #56 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeb85 View Post

Odds are the person was simply old and senile...

You're not off at all.

"Police say an elderly man lost control of the car as he accelerated from the street on to a large plaza area before entering the store. He apparently was not hurt."

-- http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8953428

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Car slams into Chicago Apple Store during business hours [u]