or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 order cuts dismissed as 'not news,' simply 'noise'

iPhone 5 order cuts dismissed as 'not news,' simply 'noise' - Page 2

post #41 of 94
Stop the presses, big APPLE NEWS

An Apple delivery person reports reduced Apple carton ordering.
Obviously less product is being shipped!
Watch your Apple stock, this is terrible news.
post #42 of 94
I have to laugh Jim Cramer is now saying that the threats to Apple's ecosystem are very high, the price of their goods are too high and the aura with the customers is gone. Just last spring and summer he was on CNBC every day talking up Apple. Now he's selling the stock because he doesn't see any Jobs magic. 1rolleyes.gif
post #43 of 94

My Xmas house guests were a very techie family.

Parents each has a iPad and a Samsung S2 phone.

Two kids had a iPhone each.

Parents liked the S2's larger screen, but wished the battery was larger because it didn't last through one day.

I made sure they heard my well used iPhone's battery charge lasts  4 days on average (3 to 6 days) over 2 years!

post #44 of 94
Yep. They got the exactly the result they wanted, a 4 ~ 5% drop in price%u2026 for a day maybe two%u2026 now the damage control, reverse that, make a few million $, might even be time to get one more "shock" in before the massive financial results bump the stock 5 ~ 10% at least%u2026..

Rinse and repeat%u2026..

Manipulation? psh! nah.. business as usual, that's all!
post #45 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

It's amazing that these people never suffer for their crap. In a rational world, the 'analysts' who are wrong 99% of the time shouldn't be able to get the time of day from the press - but that doesn't happen. The press is willing to come back and listen to the same idiots no matter how often they're wrong.

This is so true. The kind of volatility that this engenders -- abetted by hedge funds, high-frequency trading, algorithmic trading, etc -- ends up amplifying the the noise in stocks such as AAPL. There is, at this point, very little accountability in US stock markets.

The funny thing is, by just about any reasonable intrinsic value analysis based on just about any actual reported fundamental (of which, ironically, Apple reports more than any of its peers), pretty much everyone agrees with the obvious, which is that it's an undervalued stock.

I guess the only advice one can give is: have faith, ignore the noise, stay for the long haul. There's nothing else one can do.

It's no wonder that Joe Q. Public is disgusted with the market and its mavens.

post #46 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

This is so true. The kind of volatility that this engenders -- abetted by hedge funds, high-frequency trading, algorithmic trading, etc -- ends up amplifying the the noise in stocks such as AAPL. There is, at this point, very little accountability in US stock markets.

Which is one of the reasons Apple should be encouraging more private (non-institutional) ownership of their shares by splitting the stock roughly 10:1. At 68%, institutional ownership is about 5 times the average for all stocks - and makes it far too easy for someone to manipulate it.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #47 of 94
Cannot tell you how many Apple haters I am surrounded by every day who loves this sort of news.
post #48 of 94
Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post
Cannot tell you how many Apple haters I am surrounded by every day who loves this sort of news.

They love when previously anti-Apple stories are debunked in favor of sanity? 1wink.gif

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #49 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

They love when previously anti-Apple stories are debunked in favor of sanity? 1wink.gif

I think these analysts should be held accountable. If they are wrong 3 times on a given stock in a given year or two, they should be removed from covering it.
post #50 of 94
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post
I think these analysts should be held accountable. If they are wrong 3 times on a given stock in a given year or two, they should be removed from covering it.

FIRED for lying for the manipulation of stock prices.

I'm a pretty lenient guy, but what these morons get away with is inexcusable.

post #51 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post

Don't worry; they generally hang out here, where they can practise their 'debunking' skills while chanting "the truth shall set you free of Apple".

Cheers

post #52 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Which is one of the reasons Apple should be encouraging more private (non-institutional) ownership of their shares by splitting the stock roughly 10:1. At 68%, institutional ownership is about 5 times the average for all stocks - and makes it far too easy for someone to manipulate it.

I am not sure that would necessarily solve the problem, but it certainly doesn't hurt for Apple to try that.

I think Apple should also announce a massive buyback to credibly signal that they believe the stock is significantly undervalued -- assuming they believe that to be the case.
post #53 of 94
Quote:

FIRED for lying for the manipulation of stock prices.

I'm a pretty lenient guy, but what these morons get away with is inexcusable.

The reporter is Juro Osawa, who "wrote" the original WSJ story. Don't know if he quoted analysts at all, cause WSJ wants money to read their trash.

See him in action in this interview, from missouricatman in another thread:

http://live.wsj.com/#!3030E9E5-F37D-48AB-B925-B454F4942A62

The SEC tip site, provided by MAC RULEZ in another thread:

http://www.sec.gov/complaint/tipscomplaint.shtml
Edited by Flaneur - 1/14/13 at 10:43pm
post #54 of 94
I've gained some new perspective over the last few months.  

It seems the media has become obsessed with finding ANY sign that Apple is slowing down.  Seems every story has some negative spin.  Personally, I am getting completely sick and tired of reading articles that find a way to make it sound like Apple is having a bad year.  THEY'RE HAVING AN EXCEPTIONAL YEAR.

For god's sake, one article about COMPONENT orders and the stock goes down. The world has gone mad.

Put this all in perspective: Samsung is out bragging that they have sold 100 million Galaxy S phones.  That is the TOTAL number of Galaxy S phones sold between the 1, 2 and 3 over the last 2 years. It's impressive...but wait.....

Apple will sell AT LEAST 125 million iPhones in 2012 alone, and you're telling me the story everyone wants to report is a decrease in component orders!?!?!  

You know, I have noticed there are some very jaded and angry people on this forum, but god help me, I am starting to see why. At some point it starts to seem that the whole world has gone mad and no one can stand to see a company be so successful.
Edited by rednival - 1/14/13 at 9:15pm
post #55 of 94
This just in: in an effort to build their credibility, Digitimes will use WSJ as top source. Or at least that's what someone told someone else while I was waiting in line at the airport this morning.
post #56 of 94

This is pathetic. Some forum administrators on Apple Insider appear to hide posts if they run contrary to their views. My post explaining why iPhone sales were cut and why AAPL stock is heading to $300 within 2 years was apparently hidden yesterday.

I can only restate the facts:The reason for the drop in orders is simple. iPhone 5 is a huge disappointment. It was crystal clear from the day it came out to many Apple fans including me but not to Tim Cook. And primarily for this reason, I felt for the first time since 2005 that Apple stock is a SELL and stated so here. Like it or not, ignore it all you want, but we have seen nothing yet. AAPL is heading to $300 within 2 years because Apple's chief cash cow - iPhone - is not the best smartphone anymore. Consumer Reports confirmed the obvious but only recently. I can provide the fundamental reasons for Apple's failure but what is the point if the administrators will hide my post anyway?

Clearly, some Apple die-hard fans do not like to see the truth but hiding posts is the failure of integrity.

post #57 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by enature View Post

This is pathetic. Some forum administrators on Apple Insider appear to hide posts if they run contrary to their views. My post explaining why iPhone sales were cut and why AAPL stock is heading to $300 within 2 years was apparently hidden yesterday.

I can only restate the facts:The reason for the drop in orders is simple. iPhone 5 is a huge disappointment. It was crystal clear from the day it came out to many Apple fans including me but not to Tim Cook. And primarily for this reason, I felt for the first time since 2005 that Apple stock is a SELL and stated so here. Like it or not, ignore it all you want, but we have seen nothing yet. AAPL is heading to $300 within 2 years because Apple's chief cash cow - iPhone - is not the best smartphone anymore. Consumer Reports confirmed the obvious but only recently. I can provide the fundamental reasons for Apple's failure but what is the point if the administrators will hide my post anyway?

Clearly, some Apple die-hard fans do not like to see the truth but hiding posts is the failure of integrity.

I am glad that this post and one like it yesterday did not get suppressed, because I find it interesting to see just how clueless some people can be.

The iPhone 5 is the most well-crafted instrument ever made in mass numbers. If you can hold one in your hand and still pronounce it a huge disappointment, then it says something about your sensibilities, or lack thereof.
Edited by Flaneur - 1/15/13 at 4:22am
post #58 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednival View Post

I've gained some new perspective over the last few months.  

It seems the media has become obsessed with finding ANY sign that Apple is slowing down.  Seems every story has some negative spin.  Personally, I am getting completely sick and tired of reading articles that find a way to make it sound like Apple is having a bad year.  THEY'RE HAVING AN EXCEPTIONAL YEAR.

For god's sake, one article about COMPONENT orders and the stock goes down. The world has gone mad.

Put this all in perspective: Samsung is out bragging that they have sold 100 million Galaxy S phones.  That is the TOTAL number of Galaxy S phones sold between the 1, 2 and 3 over the last 2 years. It's impressive...but wait.....

Apple will sell AT LEAST 125 million iPhones in 2012 alone, and you're telling me the story everyone wants to report is a decrease in component orders!?!?!  

You know, I have noticed there are some very jaded and angry people on this forum, but god help me, I am starting to see why. At some point it starts to seem that the whole world has gone mad and no one can stand to see a company be so successful.

Agreed. There is a pathology afoot in the land. Check out enature above. It's like he wants to be the Chicken Little so bad. Never mind all that lies ahead for Jony Ive et al. He wants Apple to be like Samsung.
post #59 of 94
Quote:

For further evidence:   http://www.livescience.com/4277-theory-oracle-delphi-high.html

Cheers

post #60 of 94
Gruber gave out a link to the original WSJ non-story:

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB10001424127887323596204578240440691304344-lMyQjAxMTAzMDEwMzExNDMyWj.html

He was on the case from three or four different angles today.
post #61 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Agreed. There is a pathology afoot in the land. Check out enature above. It's like he wants to be the Chicken Little so bad. Never mind all that lies ahead for Jony Ive et al. He wants Apple to be like Samsung.

Lol.. you guys are funny. But the fact is that my yesterday's post under "WSJ: Apple cuts iPhone 5 component orders in half due to weak" article has been hidden by some forum administrator (and is hidden as of this writing).

When in 2005, I foresaw the Apple-lead revolution in consumer electronics and AAPL hitting triple digits, many people thought the forecast was absolutely preposterous (AAPL was only $35 at the time). Well, it turned out to be true.

I have been on Apple Insider for over 7 years precisely because I have been such a big fan of Apple. But one should not be blinded by affection. When Apple devices are not the easiest to use, consumers sense it and abandon its products. Cheer all you want and disregard the drop in iPhone orders as noise but Apple makes one mistake after another, which point to $300 AAPL price. The board will oust Tim Cook from his CEO post within 2 years for multiple mistakes under his leadership.

post #62 of 94
Quote:

"Wall Street Journal to continue being a trusted news source, despite lying through their teeth."

"The worldwide manhunt for common sense continues; three dollar reward not seen as very enticing."

Yeah, there sure aren't any people who short Apple stock; it's all legitimate trades, representing the real value of the company at any one time¡

Common sense actually makes you rich, if I read Warren Buffett right.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

post #63 of 94
Quote:

Lol.. you guys are funny. But the fact is that my yesterday's post under "WSJ: Apple cuts iPhone 5 component orders in half due to weak" article has been hidden by some forum administrator (and is hidden as of this writing).

When in 2005, I foresaw the Apple-lead revolution in consumer electronics and AAPL hitting triple digits, many people thought the forecast was absolutely preposterous (AAPL was only $35 at the time). Well, it turned out to be true.

I have been on Apple Insider for over 7 years precisely because I have been such a big fan of Apple. But one should not be blinded by affection. When Apple devices are not the easiest to use, consumers sense it and abandon its products. Cheer all you want and disregard the drop in iPhone orders as noise but Apple makes one mistake after another, which point to $300 AAPL price. The board will oust Tim Cook from his CEO post within 2 years for multiple mistakes under his leadership.

Yeah ...

Cheers

post #64 of 94
Quote:

Let's talk after the earnings report next week. Meanwhile, your homework assignment is to go to an Apple store and 1, watch people, and 2, pick up an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini and look at them and especially feel them in your hand. Take off that white baseball cap for at least part of the exercise.
post #65 of 94
Quote:

Let's talk after the earnings report next week. Meanwhile, your homework assignment is to go to an Apple store and 1, watch people, and 2, pick up an iPhone 5 and an iPad mini and look at them and especially feel them in your hand. Take off that white baseball cap for at least part of the exercise.

What if he's right? What if the numbers are not the best? What then? Who's to blame then?

For many people iPhones are the best devices ever made. At least they are until a new iPhone is available, then, the previous one becomes obsolete.

But maybe this will change. Maybe people will start thinking about getting phones from other companies. And start to like them, for reasons you might not understand. It's not like Apple is going to be doomed, far from it, but they maybe they won't have this mass product anymore and become a niche player like they are in the computer market. But they will always be a company that is known for quality and design.

post #66 of 94

This seems to be a clear-cut attempt by Um and collaborators at the Wall Street Journal TO  MANIPULATE APPLE STOCK. After Apple’s  earnings have been announced, HOPEFULLY Apple will publicly ADMONISH AND EMBARRASS both UM from Wells, and the Murdoch Klowns at the WSJ, for their public and obvious follies. ANY ACCESS these fakes had to ANY Apple data in the past should END - IMMEDIATELY.

post #67 of 94
Quote:

Excellent point about feeling the product in once's hand. Think outside of spreadsheets. Feel the product. Needless to say that I played with all Apple products prior to make any prognostics. Among them all, Macbook Air and iPad Mini are the best and easiest to use when price and competition are taken into account. Btw, I just gave iPad Mini for this reason as a gift. But iPad Mini and Macbook Air are NOT Apple cash cows - iPhone is! 

And iPhone manifests the biggest mistakes Tim Cook has made: a small and narrow screen, marginally improved iOS, unreliable iCloud/Siri/Maps.

With each passing day the screen size of iPhone becomes more ridiculously small. It was clear in 2011 that consumers will gradually move bigger screens. And Tim Cook failed to deliver it so far.

You need not only to hold the product in your hand but travel around the world and see what people use and how they relate to the product – increasingly they move away from iPhone. It is loosing its cool factor rapidly in many markets for a simple reason – it is not the easiest to use smartphone anymore. Consumer Reports just confirmed the obvious.

And without its morbidly fat cash cow – iPhone, AAPL cannot fly sky-high. It was just recently $700 and people thought it is impossible to fall to $300. Just four months passed and we are already half-way there at $500…

post #68 of 94
Quote:

Excellent point about feeling the product in once's hand. Think outside of spreadsheets. Feel the product. Needless to say that I played with all Apple products prior to make any prognostics. Among them all, Macbook Air and iPad Mini are the best and easiest to use when price and competition are taken into account. Btw, I just gave iPad Mini for this reason as a gift. But iPad Mini and Macbook Air are NOT Apple cash cows - iPhone is! 

And iPhone manifests the biggest mistakes Tim Cook has made: a small and narrow screen, marginally improved iOS, unreliable iCloud/Siri/Maps.

With each passing day the screen size of iPhone becomes more ridiculously small. It was clear in 2011 that consumers will gradually move bigger screens. And Tim Cook failed to deliver it so far.

You need not only to hold the product in your hand but travel around the world and see what people use and how they relate to the product – increasingly they move away from iPhone. It is loosing its cool factor rapidly in many markets for a simple reason – it is not the easiest to use smartphone anymore. Consumer Reports just confirmed the obvious.

And without its morbidly fat cash cow – iPhone, AAPL cannot fly sky-high. It was just recently $700 and people thought it is impossible to fall to $300. Just four months passed and we are already half-way there at $500…

Most smart phones are still only around 4 inches. The trend to 5 is very recent. Only a handful of phones have them.

It took Apple a year to match the competition's larger screens and it will probably be another year before we see a 5 inch iPhone.

As far as ease of use I'm hoping for some big upgrades now that Ive has a greater hand on the software side. iOS 7 should be groundbreaking
post #69 of 94
This is pathetic. Some forum administrators on Apple Insider appear to hide posts if they run contrary to their views. Clearly, some Apple die-hard fans do not like to see the truth but hiding posts is the failure of integrity.

Come off it. It was two in the morning, I was asleep, and the forum's automatic spam catcher flagged it as spam. 

Probably because it's total freaking crap.

Originally Posted by blackbook View Post
It took Apple a year to match the competition's larger screens…

Three. 

…a 5 inch iPhone.

That's not happening.

post #70 of 94
Quote:

So allegedly Apple ordered 65 mm for a non holiday qtr and then cut the order to half that. Why on earth would they order that much when the never sold more than 50mm in a holiday qtr?! So that is the first flag. What probably happened is the source said 65 mm but then was mistaken and corrected it to 35 mm. Common sense, people. The iPhone is still the easiest to use. My anti-apple friend is so frustrated with his android, he's actually thinking about the iPhone. He's also a programmer.
post #71 of 94
Quote:

So your two points: usability is function of size, and Apple's cash cow is morbidly fat.

Size: The iPhone 5 was a size decision based on pocketability and one-handedness, adding the maximum length (or height) that the width, determined by pocket and hand, can reasonably accommodate. The big Android phones ignore these considerations and go for maximum visibility regardless of the other factors—pocket and hand—that Ive and company have focused on. Apple's concern for user experience is intact. The phablet makers don't care: just give 'em a bigger screen, they'll lap it up, they think with their eyes, not their brains. See the difference? One approach is focused on physical usability, the other on visibility alone. I'm not the only one who has compared the big phones to big SUVs. There's a sucker for bigness born every minute.

"Morbidly fat" profit margins: The reason Apple needs their margins is that they are starting to make tectonic moves in several areas, like data centers, doing their own chip designs and soon bankrolling fabs, backing their own display sources, and developing their own manufacturing of chassis and cases with new designs based on new processes (for computer making anyway). The next revolution they are getting ready to create is moving portability into wearability, and they are possibly contemplating some sort of expensive network building, given that their data for Siri is often overloaded. They're building a design center for the next phase of their business, actually the third incarnation of Apple itself, which will be a new kind of technology entity based on nothing else than user satisfaction.

None of this is to say that they won't make a 5-inch pad with phone capability, like the Germans finally had to make some kind of SUV. But it's not because big is cool, it's because the market expectations have changed. You call it the new cool, I would call it normal opportunistic evolution. Samsung has prepared the ground for a new species by making freakish progeny with AMOLED screens, creepy polymers and an ugly operating system. Apple will again show the way it is to be properly done, something which none of the other companies have the design chops to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeover View Post

What if he's right? What if the numbers are not the best? What then? Who's to blame then?
For many people iPhones are the best devices ever made. At least they are until a new iPhone is available, then, the previous one becomes obsolete.
But maybe this will change. Maybe people will start thinking about getting phones from other companies. And start to like them, for reasons you might not understand. It's not like Apple is going to be doomed, far from it, but they maybe they won't have this mass product anymore and become a niche player like they are in the computer market. But they will always be a company that is known for quality and design.

I do understand why people are buying larger phones. All my life I've been watching bad taste overcome the rarer phenomenon of good taste. But this time, the first time I've seen in a long lifetime, good taste is winning.
post #72 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

Anyone else enjoying the irony of AppleInsider reporting that AppleInsider's reporting is just "noise"?

Maybe it's time for some human intervention with the copybot to raise the signal/noise ratio.

There's certainly a bad signal/noise ratio, but the number of rumors is so huge that even with a low signal/noise, it's enough for having ruined the latest Apple announcements events. The iPhone 5 event was dull, dull, dull, and not because the iPhone 5, but because we knew every little detail in advance.

post #73 of 94
Quote:

When Apple devices are not the easiest to use, consumers sense it and abandon its products.

That, right there, exposes the fact that you really haven't thought this through.

post #74 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by piot View Post

That, right there, exposes the fact that you really haven't thought this through.

Right, and he's not alone. There were financial and tech reporters doing that yesterday too. It's like they're thinking themselves to a wished-for conclusion, that Apple will fail.

Maybe we think ourselves equally toward a wished-for conclusion, that Apple will succeed, but I think that is to be on the right side of evolution and history, not to aggrandize it too much : )
post #75 of 94
Quote:

Right, and he's not alone. There were financial and tech reporters doing that yesterday too. It's like they're thinking themselves to a wished-for conclusion, that Apple will fail.

I had been bullish on AAPL for 7 years - from 2005 till 2012. Friends were calling me an Apple fanatic and thought I was crazy telling them that AAPL will increase 10-fold. When iPhone 5 came, it confirmed my worst fears - a small-screen elongated easily-scratched phone with marginally improved OS and subpar internet services. For the first time in 7 years, I advised to SELL APPL, and the very same friends who did not believe me 7 years ago that AAPL will go sky high, were telling me that AAPL is going to $1000, and how great its products are and how assured its domination is. Such linear thinking is a part of human nature and I cannot blame recent Apple fans to think in the same.  But try to think non-linear. Note that Apple growth turned from accelerating to decelerating. It is still growing but its concave DOWN growth. When this happens you know the stock is deep trouble. 

But curves by themselves mean nothing. One needs to understand WHY the growth became concave down. And the reason is that under Tim Cook leadership iPhone continues to carry very fat margins but is harder and harder to use relative to its competitors. Tim Cook is a chain-supply genius who is utterly clueless about products. I see board ousting him from his CEO post before 2014 is over, may be sooner.

post #76 of 94
Quote:

I had been bullish on AAPL for 7 years - from 2005 till 2012. Friends were calling me an Apple fanatic and thought I was crazy telling them that AAPL will increase 10-fold. When iPhone 5 came, it confirmed my worst fears - a small-screen elongated easily-scratched phone with marginally improved OS and subpar internet services. For the first time in 7 years, I advised to SELL APPL, and the very same friends who did not believe me 7 years ago that AAPL will go sky high, were telling me that AAPL is going to $1000, and how great its products are and how assured its domination is. Such linear thinking is a part of human nature and I cannot blame recent Apple fans to think in the same.  But try to think non-linear. Note that Apple growth turned from accelerating to decelerating. It is still growing but its concave DOWN growth. When this happens you know the stock is deep trouble. 
But curves by themselves mean nothing. One needs to understand WHY the growth became concave down. And the reason is that under Tim Cook leadership iPhone continues to carry very fat margins but is harder and harder to use relative to its competitors. Tim Cook is a chain-supply genius who is utterly clueless about products. 
I see board ousting him from his CEO post before 2014 is over, may be sooner.

You may, if you like, focus on the fact that Apple's growth is slowing (temporarily), and the fact that Tim is no Steve, and the fact that the anodzing scratches, and the fact that the screen is smaller than the Galactic phones, and conclude that your friends are going to be right and Apple is going to make you look bad. I think you are thinking visually, about appearances, and not deeply or widely enough.

This is a struggle for the soul of a technology, and I think you have a duty to stop shrieking about Apple's decline and fall until you can think more holistically than just visually. Unless you want the likes of Samsung and Google to win, then you just go ahead and keep thinking narrowly and shrieking about how things look bad, really bad, and try to spread your hysteria.

Hysteria which is based on thinking visually. A moment's holistic thinking will tell you that Ive and a team of the world's best designers, not Cook, are in charge of product concepts. Cook is the guy to lead Apple now, not in 1997, because Apple has become a diverse and far-flung enterprise that only a logistcs and strategics genius like him can run. They are going to be growing in spurts, sometimes evolving out a new platform or world information service, sometimes shoring up manufacturers and supplies for maintaining a more mature platform. But always growing, preparing for the next new platform and therefore new growth spurt.

You are shrieking during a period of platform maintenance, when they are growing at 25% rather than 100%. Meanwhile , they are planning things that will make you look good to your friends again, if you keep quiet and just be patient.

By the way, there are little tiny scratches on everything I use, including the toughest mass-product glass known to man, that only Apple had the courage to put on the BACK of a phone, that Apple caused to be developed, just like Apple is causing aluminum to be developed as an art-and-architectural feature for their current portable devices. Yes they scratch, but your white shoes and your white tennis shorts get dirty, don't they?

Visually is no way to think about technological ecosystems. Think tactile-ly, like Ive does, like Marshall McLuhan did. It's the most integrative of the senses. And calming.
Edited by Flaneur - 1/16/13 at 12:46am
post #77 of 94

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 5/16/13 at 12:22pm
post #78 of 94
Quote:

How many of you honestly believe that AAPL will experience only perpetual growth forever?

For those who don't hold such a view, what year to do you predict it will decline?

Too bad this thread is dead. Good question. The technology revolution in personal computation that Apple is the best player in so far should have a long run, say equal to the personal transportation revolution of the last century.

Since Daimler Benz is still with us after 100 years, I can easily see Apple taking that role for the duration of the knowledge technology revolution. Google can be Ford, Samsung Hyundai.

Why don't you start a thread on this?
post #79 of 94
Quote:

How many of you honestly believe that AAPL will experience only perpetual growth forever?

For those who don't hold such a

view, what year to do you predict it will decline?

No one does. However, using false numbers and rumors as fact is reprehensible. I guess if you predict Apple's demise daily, one day it may be true. Just like one day the Cubs will win the Series.
post #80 of 94

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 5/16/13 at 12:26pm
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 order cuts dismissed as 'not news,' simply 'noise'