or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 order cuts dismissed as 'not news,' simply 'noise'

iPhone 5 order cuts dismissed as 'not news,' simply 'noise' - Page 3

post #81 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

What year do you think AAPL will decline?

Not in the near term. When do u think coke or McDonald's or google or f'n amazon will decline.
post #82 of 94

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 5/16/13 at 12:26pm
post #83 of 94
Quote:

1 year?  3 years?  10 years?

Your naive wishful thinking is showing.

Like I said, maybe give it 100 years.
post #84 of 94
I'd be happy to answer that on the Coke, McDonald's, Google, or Amazon forums.  Trying to stay on topic here.

The topic was iPhone 5 orders. We're well off it now. Go ahead. Answer.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #85 of 94

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 5/16/13 at 12:26pm
post #86 of 94

deleted

Edited by MacRulez - 5/16/13 at 12:30pm
post #87 of 94
…future projections…

2002, 2002, 2008, and 2001, respectively.

I wonder how that's an answer.

post #88 of 94
Quote:

Well, actually, the article here opens with:
...and then continues on to discuss possible future projections for AAPL.

Just the same, in appreciation for your gracious support I'll happily answer the question so earnestly asked: 

2002, 2002, 2008, and 2001, respectively.

It seems that all companies not run by magic unicorns have an off year sooner or later.

Since none of those companies are in a decline now then Apple's "decline" was when the fake numbers came out. It will quickly go back up when earnings are announced. The iPhone isn't on the num 1 carrier in the world, the Mac still has room to grow, the iPad is an infant as well. There is plenty of upside in the next 10 years at least.
post #89 of 94

deleted

post #90 of 94
Quote:

That may not be a bad guess, and most analysts would consider it optimistic.  But be careful what you write here, since what the outside world would consider optimism may here meet with accusations of "naive wishful thinking".
Analysts have been predicting Apple's death sine 1997. One day they hope they'll be right.
post #91 of 94

52 million iphones sold last quarter. Enough said. Analysts 1oyvey.gif

post #92 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtacee1990 View Post

52 million iphones sold last quarter. Enough said. Analysts 1oyvey.gif

Where did you get this info?

post #93 of 94
Quote:

You believe AAPL will perpetually grow for a hundred years without any decline in there at all?  I admire your optimism.

When you asked about decline, you were implying permanent decline. Apple can have a few bad years now and then over the next how-many-ever years are left in the knowledge revolution in which they, along with Intel and Microsoft, maybe Google, are now leading companies.

As in the car biz, which has lasted 100+ years so far, a few companies will be there for the duration, like Benz. Apple has the best chance of any so far to go the distance. Why? Because they're onto the same formula that always makes a few good companies last in their respective disciplines.

Don't be so short-sighted. This isn't Osborne or Atari we're talking about. You seem to be unaware that you are witnessing the early years of a defining technological era, like the Industrial Revolution. How long has Krupp been around? DuPont? Open your eyes. It ain't optimism, it's logic.

Edit: I do not mean to suggest in the second sentence above that Apple is in any kind of decline right now or that it will be in the near future. All this recent talk is made up "news" for manipulating the stock price to $500.
Edited by Flaneur - 1/19/13 at 1:34am
post #94 of 94

deleted

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 5 order cuts dismissed as 'not news,' simply 'noise'