or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Nearly one third of Apple's market value is backed by pure cash

Nearly one third of Apple's market value is backed by pure cash - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post

I have lost count of how many times the Apple haters and naysayers have been proved wrong and they will be proven wrong again.

May I recollect to the non Apple hater how much they were wrong

1) We'd always have the highest market share mobile OS

2) We'd always be the number one seller

3) We'd always have a market share higher than 50% in the tablets business

Now, who has time and time again been proven wrong.

Mind you, I do own a lot of Apple stuff, in fact I have all the stuff... but being religious/fanatic seems a bit like over the top

post #42 of 53
Apple could BUY Amazon outright and still have cash left over.
post #43 of 53
Originally Posted by Blitz1 View Post

If you get to use any ludicrous statement on the pro-Apple side, we get to use any ludicrous statement on the anti-Apple side.  Intelligent conversation weeds out those statements as being flights of fancy before even beginning to argue points of accuracy. I don't believe that anyone worth listening to has said any of those three things. 

Notice, though, that Apple has roughly 90% of the tablet business, so I'm not even sure where you're getting that one.

Apple haters.

Mind you, I do own a lot of Apple stuff…

Rules #4 & 5…  

…in fact I have all the stuff…

… 

No wonder the iMac supply is constrained. You have "all the" iMacs.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

GOD, some of the dumbest statements come out of some of these so-called analysts and journalists. Why even report their dumb statements?

Who are these pundits? Do they have a name? Or are they just idiots that just like to talk so they can hear themselves?

They aren't dumb. just market insiders who are shorting Apple and want it to drop further so they can profit.

May they be burned well.

With such a high amount of debt free cash, I'm sure the takeover artists are looking at Apple closely.

Stay away hedge funds, you are horrible company destroyers for only your selfish reasons.

post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

If you get to use any ludicrous statement on the pro-Apple side, we get to use any ludicrous statement on the anti-Apple side.  Intelligent conversation weeds out those statements as being flights of fancy before even beginning to argue points of accuracy. I don't believe that anyone worth listening to has said any of those three things. 

Notice, though, that Apple has roughly 90% of the tablet business, so I'm not even sure where you're getting that one.

Apple haters.

Rules #4 & 5…  

… 

No wonder the iMac supply is constrained. You have "all the" iMacs.

I think you try to make some point here, but I fail to say what that might be...

taking picture of the iMacs was a bit more complicated

post #46 of 53
Quote:

Mind you, I do own a lot of Apple stuff, in fact I have all the stuff... but being religious/fanatic seems a bit like over the top

I love how you pulled that shit out of your ass, and used strawmen argument that personally I've never seen made anywhere so you can knock them down. 

1- Uh, as soon as it became clear every phone manufacturer and their dog was going to use Google's OS, and Google was intent on whoring it out as much as possible, no rational person would have believe Apple was going to keep the majority of the marketshare with a single phone line competing against an OS installed  on hundreds of phone models. I mean, come on. 

2- "number one seller". What does that even mean?

3- If you're talking about pure tablets, iPad IS still the majority. Do you have evidence to the contrary? 

I like how thats the best you could do as evidence of those who 'have time and time again been proven wrong" a list that is either completely false or vague enough to mean whatever you want it to mean. But thats what happens when you're a troll and you don't have the facts on your side, you need to pull shit like this. Don't accuse others who present serious, rational arguments to be 'religious/fanatic' when thats exactly what you've shown yourself to be in your efforts and twisting the truth. 

post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I love how you pulled that shit out of your ass, and used strawmen argument that personally I've never seen made anywhere so you can knock them down. 

1- Uh, as soon as it became clear every phone manufacturer and their dog was going to use Google's OS, and Google was intent on whoring it out as much as possible, no rational person would have believe Apple was going to keep the majority of the marketshare with a single phone line competing against an OS installed  on hundreds of phone models. I mean, come on. 

2- "number one seller". What does that even mean?

3- If you're talking about pure tablets, iPad IS still the majority. Do you have evidence to the contrary? 

I like how thats the best you could do as evidence of those who 'have time and time again been proven wrong" a list that is either completely false or vague enough to mean whatever you want it to mean. But thats what happens when you're a troll and you don't have the facts on your side, you need to pull shit like this. Don't accuse others who present serious, rational arguments to be 'religious/fanatic' when thats exactly what you've shown yourself to be in your efforts and twisting the truth. 

Well, I guess it must bite somewhere...

Take care!

post #48 of 53
Quote:

Again no one has claimed the #1 market share. Profit share, probably.

The best selling phone is still the iPhone.

The best selling tablet is still the iPad.
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

They aren't dumb. just market insiders who are shorting Apple and want it to drop further so they can profit.

May they be burned well.

With such a high amount of debt free cash, I'm sure the takeover artists are looking at Apple closely.

Stay away hedge funds, you are horrible company destroyers for only your selfish reasons.

Apple should buy a few russian nukes and fire them at hedge funds HQs at the slightest inkling of hostile moves. Active deterrence measures.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

post #50 of 53
Quote:

Lineup

I have a slightly better balanced lineup.  That iPad is an iPad 2, there's a 4 lying around, the other tablet is a Nexus, the phone's a GS3 (note how I'm taking the picture from the iPhone 4 because let's face it, the GS3's camera sucks in terms of usability...)

Dells also, and Macs, and a coffee cup because coffee is good.

post #51 of 53

I completely understand the market's love for Amazon:

• a company that makes the thinnest of margins on massive sales volume with little relative profit,
  • all their "upside potential" is illusory (talk about lousy PE),
  • killing brick and mortar businesses by cheating on taxes,
  • using generally unethical / immoral business practices (e.g., not air conditioning distribution centers to save $$),

given the short term thinking of "investors" wanting to make a quick "killing" (an appropriate term if there ever was one), Amazon is (always)a darling and (now) Apple isn't. The "investment bankers" and amazon management have the same mentality: make a quick buck, no matter the collateral damage. no thanks - there's more to corporate life than "every day low prices"...

I don't play the crap tables stock market, it's a sucker's bet for sure.

post #52 of 53
Can someone explain why Apple wouldn't split the stock as they have in the past? I was lucky enough to buy into AAPL back in 2004 before the last 2/1 spit. I really believe a massive 10/1 split now would reset many investors perceptions, if in fact as many commentators here have speculated the recent collapse has been emotionally driven.
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfj View Post

Can someone explain why Apple wouldn't split the stock as they have in the past? I was lucky enough to buy into AAPL back in 2004 before the last 2/1 spit. I really believe a massive 10/1 split now would reset many investors perceptions, if in fact as many commentators here have speculated the recent collapse has been emotionally driven.

Then Apple will have 9 billion shares. That is just too much on the market. Arbiters will hold on to the excess shares and then they'll have more control than individual investors.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Nearly one third of Apple's market value is backed by pure cash