or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple and Samsung help drive global smartphone shipments to record 700M units in 2012

Apple and Samsung help drive global smartphone shipments to record 700M units in 2012 - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by majjo View Post

Aren't 3 models of the iPhone currently being sold? (5, 4s, 4)

In many markets, for example Australia, only the iphone5 is available in stock for contracts. You can only buy 16GB iphone 4 and 4s at the Apple store. 

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtacee1990 View Post

In many markets, for example Australia, only the iphone5 is available in stock for contracts. You can only buy 16GB iphone 4 and 4s at the Apple store. 

Same here in NL: only 16GB versions of the 5 & 4s. There is 1 32GB in white available at 1 carrier that I came across yesterday.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathillien View Post

Does a customer benefit in any way that Apple has 90% of the profits.

This just means their products are over priced. But...

How is it that people can find there way to this forum, sign up, post and yet still not understand what over-priced means in a market. 1oyvey.gif

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #44 of 46
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersplinter View Post

Samsung has 30% market share, and Apple has +90% of the profits.

Does a customer benefit in any way that Apple has 90% of the profits.

Overpriced compared to what?

Yes, this pricing thing, and profit, helps the customer. How would Asus ever come up if Apple didn't spent big $ on R&D / Design for the MacBook Air? You think this comes cheap?
post #45 of 46

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance. It's a $500 subsidized item. They may make a lot of money. But if you actually take a look at the 1.3 billion phones that get sold, I'd prefer to have our software in 60% or 70% or 80% of them, than I would to have 2% or 3%, which is what Apple might get.

You can't simply look at Android's market share number and think "OMG"

There are tons of phones running Android... no argument here.

Now subtract all those terrible $80 Android phones sold in China and India from manufacturers you've never even heard of. There's a good chance they are running Gingerbread... today. They are underpowered and of relatively poor quality.

But hey... they increase Android's market share!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple and Samsung help drive global smartphone shipments to record 700M units in 2012
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple and Samsung help drive global smartphone shipments to record 700M units in 2012