or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › 'iPad 5' rumored to debut in Oct. with mini-like design, 'iPhone 5S' & plastic iPhone also coming [ux2]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'iPad 5' rumored to debut in Oct. with mini-like design, 'iPhone 5S' & plastic iPhone also coming...

post #1 of 157
Thread Starter 
A new report claims to shed more light on Apple's 2013 product lineup, including a redesigned iPad that will take cues from the iPad mini, an updated "iPhone 5S," and a low-cost iPhone with a plastic body intended for developing markets [updated with new alleged details].

Update: A second report filed later Friday claimed the "star feature" of Apple's so-called "iPhone 5S" will be an improved camera ? potentially a 13-megapixel lens from Sony. Current prototypes are said to be identified as "N51" and "N53," and a July "target date" is reportedly in the company's plans. The alleged codename for the next iPad is "J72," while the second-generation iPad mini is "J85."

Update 2: In a separate report, Japanese site Mac Otakara cites sources as saying the "iPhone 5S" will feature a blue and white dual-flash setup with the current glass inlays of the iPhone 5 replaced by an aluminum part.

The details were published on Friday by Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge, who said he was given the opportunity to inspect a "supposedly accurate" physical model of Apple's fifth-generation iPad. He said the new device is expected to arrive in October ? about a year after the fourth-generation iPad debuted, and later than some recent rumors which had pegged a March launch.

iPad mini


Horwitz speculated that Apple will have to adopt new screen technology, like Sharp's IGZO panels, in order to achieve the "noticeably thinner" design he saw, which he characterized as a "stretched iPad mini."

"This iPad 5 design is so much smaller that a full internal redesign —?complete with a smaller, less power-hungry sequel to the A6X ??can be safely assumed," he said. "It wouldn't be a surprise to see the new iPad remain roughly on par with the fourth-generation model in processing capabilities, with the improved screen, dramatically lower size, and reduced weight becoming the key selling points."

Friday's report also offered fresh rumors on Apple's 2013 iPhone lineup, which will reportedly include an incremental "iPhone 5S" refresh with a larger rear flash.

The report also made mention of a new iPhone with a plastic body that would be targeted at emerging markets like China.

Finally, it was also mentioned that the so-called "iPhone Math" detailed in a report earlier this week may have been given its bizarre rumored name because of a mistranslation. It was instead suggested to Horwitz that the test device, which purportedly features a 4.7-inch screen, may instead be known as an "iPhone +" ? a device that may not make it to market, but was characterized as a "plan B" for Apple against big-screen Android handsets.

Predictions


Friday's report largely aligns with what analyst Ming-chi Kuo of KGI Securities shared with AppleInsider last week. The analyst, who has a respectable track record in predicting Apple's future product plans, indicated that Apple plans to release a new "iPhone 5S," along with a redesigned iPhone 5, in the third quarter of 2013.

Around the same time he also expects Apple to debut a redesigned fifth-generation iPad, as well as a second-generation iPad mini with a high-resolution Retina display.
post #2 of 157

You can be assured that if there is a cheap plastic phone, there is no way that Apple can restrict it to 'developing markets.' It'll also be the handset for kids or the less well-off in the richer countries.

 

This is a path down which Apple should not want to go, and likely will not. So I am calling b/s on that part of the rumor.

post #3 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

A new report claims to shed more light on Apple's 2013 product lineup, including a redesigned iPad that will take cues from the iPad mini, an updated "iPhone 5S," and a low-cost iPhone with a plastic body intended for developing markets.

The details were published on Friday by Jeremy Horwitz of iLounge, who said he was given the opportunity to inspect a "supposedly accurate" physical model of Apple's fifth-generation iPad. 

 

This rumor of no side bezels on the 9.7" iPad simply doesn't seem credible. There's little to no benefit, and the ergonomics would be bad, to say the least. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

 

I think he's been duped, which leaves the rest of his rumors less than credible, too, as a result.

post #4 of 157

Only thing that makes sense is the iPhone 5S which we all already knew was coming.

 

iPad 5? Some of what he said makes sense, but I don't think Apple is going to ditch the bezels, unless the iPad 5 is as light as the Mini (not likely).

 

Plastic iPhone? No.

 

iPhone +? "Plan B" against Android? Now he's just making stuff up.

post #5 of 157

Redesigned iPhone 5?
 

[I still say that we are going to see updates or new models to the iPhone between March and June (most likely June)... not September - October.]

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #6 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You can be assured that if there is a cheap plastic phone, there is no way that Apple can restrict it to 'developing markets.' It'll also be the handset for kids or the less well-off in the richer countries.

 

This is a path down which Apple should not want to go, and likely will not. So I am calling b/s on that part of the rumor.

 

Agreed

 

Not event the iPod Shuffle is plastic. Why would a cheaper iPhone be plastic?

post #7 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You can be assured that if there is a cheap plastic phone, there is no way that Apple can restrict it to 'developing markets.' It'll also be the handset for kids or the less well-off in the richer countries.

 

This is a path down which Apple should not want to go, and likely will not. So I am calling b/s on that part of the rumor.

 

Yeah, BS all around on this one.

post #8 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

... iPad 5? Some of what he said makes sense, but I don't think Apple is going to ditch the bezels, unless the iPad 5 is as small as the Mini (not likely). ...

 

There, I fixed it for you. The rumor is nonsense

post #9 of 157

no plastic, no fragile material, please .... I want something ROBUST

 

A bit like Klingon design :

 

 

 

post #10 of 157

I don't know about that prediction chart.

 

Does it makes sense for Apple to release basically everything in Q3? I mean, it's not like we're likely to run into any supply or production issues right? Because that certainly hasn't happened before. Just for the sake of conversation, let's say that the chart is real.

 

So basically, there aint crap happening in Q1 and Q2. And when Q3 comes, everything will get updates, and Apple won't be selling as much as they can, because supply will be constrained and production not fully ramped up. So what is there to look forward to then, from an investor's point of view? I can already see the headlines that I'll be reading in the coming months and for 2013.

post #11 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

iPad 5? Some of what he said makes sense, but I don't think Apple is going to ditch the bezels, unless the iPad 5 is as light as the Mini...

Unless Apple has advanced alien technology that throws out basic mass/matter principles, a full-size iPad will never be as light as a mini.
post #12 of 157

It's really not clear from this or the original article whether he was "examining" something from Apple or a third party mock-up.  And what the heck does "examining" mean anyway?  Was it a physical thing or a render?  Really poor explanation skills all around.  

 

Seems to me he's talking about a render based on inside information, but made by a third party instead of by Apple.  

 

Otherwise he would have "handled" it instead of "examined" it, and it would be just what it is, not "supposedly" anything. 

post #13 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

This rumor of no side bezels on the 9.7" iPad simply doesn't seem credible. There's little to no benefit, and the ergonomics would be bad, to say the least. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

I think he's been duped, which leaves the rest of his rumors less than credible, too, as a result.

We'll see.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #14 of 157
Obviously a new iPad will debut this year thinner and lighter. Bezels I predict will be shrunken but not down to mini sizes.

They may up the ante buy producing a newly resigned (outside as well as inside ) phone year after year but unlikely at this point.

The most needed upgrade is an iOS overhaul.

I've said it before but an iOS that can be swapped on the fly via a settings button, from the one we know and love to a more advanced iOS with a new aesthetic and optoions similar to androids offerings would be ideal.

This way they can still market to the casual mainstream and people familiar with current iOS and slowly introduce a newer more more robust iOS.

On a gentic level I can imagine they'd be the same core design but just a different look abd feel and more customizable OS.

Still apple controlled but just loosen the reigns a bit to add more features than wallpaper customizations as well as video multitasking and ect.
post #15 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

 

Yeah, BS all around on this one.

 

I could see it being real in the context of being a project to investigate the possibilities of such a device, but I sure hope they don't pull the trigger and actually start to sell it.  

Just put a damn phone in the iPad already is my advice, or actually put some f*cking work into "transforming the industry" and stopping the stranglehold the cell companies have over us all.  Apple gets major kudos for everyone for doing this but in fact they haven't actually done it at all (transform the industry).  They've caved in to the cell companies on almost every front. 

 

It's not only still the same old expensive shell game, it's worse, because the cell companies are all making massively more money, and their businesses are all twice as profitable on unit sales and on contract sales, yet the contract prices are the same as they were when only one person out of a hundred thousand customers needed a data contract.  This is obvious gouging at best.  

post #16 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


We'll see.

 

Obviously. Was there some other point besides the obvious?

post #17 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazoobee View Post

I could see it being real in the context of being a project to investigate the possibilities of such a device, but I sure hope they don't pull the trigger and actually start to sell it.

 

I could see it being "real" in the context of flushing out leakers. Otherwise, not.

post #18 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanJobs View Post

... I've said it before but an iOS that can be swapped on the fly via a settings button, from the one we know and love to a more advanced iOS with a new aesthetic and optoions similar to androids offerings would be ideal. ...

 

This is unlikely to be even possible given the horsepower of the average iPad/iPhone at the moment but even if it was it's easy to see that this is something that only the tiniest percentage of the market would actually want.  

post #19 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

You can be assured that if there is a cheap plastic phone, there is no way that Apple can restrict it to 'developing markets.' It'll also be the handset for kids or the less well-off in the richer countries.

 

This is a path down which Apple should not want to go, and likely will not. So I am calling b/s on that part of the rumor.

a5, 3.5inch (my guess) or 4 retina, similar iPod-touch design, 8 gb, 249 or 299. What's your problem? at 299 it has at least 50% margins. Development and research are done, machinery is ready, supply is strong, BOM should be less than 160, much less (the new iPhone is at most 260 BOM, right?).

 

This is the device between 20% market share and 40%.

A 5inch phone is the device between 20% market share and almost 30%.

 

Together this is the difference between 20% market share and go head on against Android. Apple cannot do it otherwise, no matter what. They must also sign new manufacturing contracts and "not keeping up with demand" cannot happen again, for so much time.

 

You guys should not talk about his subject, you have no idea about the reality of the world outside the US. 

post #20 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

 

I could see it being "real" in the context of flushing out leakers. Otherwise, not.

 

I tend to disagree, but I'm far from sure.  

 

It seems to me like the cheap no-contract phone is an obvious choice given that other manufacturers are making that exact choice.  So for Apple to investigate it as a possible option (but then wisely never do it) is completely reasonable IMO. 

post #21 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanJobs View Post

Obviously a new iPad will debut this year thinner and lighter. Bezels I predict will be shrunken but not down to mini sizes.

They may up the ante buy producing a newly resigned (outside as well as inside ) phone year after year but unlikely at this point.

The most needed upgrade is an iOS overhaul.

I've said it before but an iOS that can be swapped on the fly via a settings button, from the one we know and love to a more advanced iOS with a new aesthetic and optoions similar to androids offerings would be ideal.

This way they can still market to the casual mainstream and people familiar with current iOS and slowly introduce a newer more more robust iOS.

On a gentic level I can imagine they'd be the same core design but just a different look abd feel and more customizable OS.

Still apple controlled but just loosen the reigns a bit to add more features than wallpaper customizations as well as video multitasking and ect.

 

I don't know why Apple would go BACKWARDS and mimic the look and feel of Android.

 

That's frankly ridiculous.

 

The only place they need to look for inspiration for iOS is their own amazingly simply easy to use Mac OS X.

 

If they can figure out how to transfer some functionality from OS X to iOS (and no I'm not talking about a file system), iOS, particularly for iPad would be far more robust and complete.

post #22 of 157
Eliminating the side bezel sounds like a stupid idea driven primarily by the 'need' to market the device as ultra-thin.

Narrow bezels only make sense for the iPad mini, which is narrow enough you can actually grasp its back with one hand.
post #23 of 157
I think the the cheaper iPhone for developing markets rumor is probably true. Apple wants on the biggest carrier in China, but according to published reports, the carrier isn't willing to pay such a high price for the phone. Apple can't charge different prices for different carriers. So, it makes sense to develop a cheaper version of the phone.


Companies like Samsung have different devices in different Countries. It is one of the reason Samsung is selling a lot of phones.
post #24 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

a5, 3.5inch (my guess) or 4 retina, similar iPod-touch design, 8 gb, 249 or 299. What's your problem? at 299 it has at least 50% margins. Development and research are done, machinery is ready, supply is strong, BOM should be less than 160, much less (the new iPhone is at most 260 BOM, right?).

 

I'm not against an "iPhone Mini" type concept, but realistically Apple could just continue selling the iPhone 4, after the 5S comes out, for $299.

 

Then theres not retooling or R&D at all beforehand.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

A 5inch phone is the device between 20% market share and almost 30%.

 

Together this is the difference between 20% market share and go head on against Android. Apple cannot do it otherwise, no matter what. They must also sign new manufacturing contracts and "not keeping up with demand" cannot happen again, for so much time.

 

You guys should not talk about his subject, you have no idea about the reality of the world outside the US. 

 

 

A 5 inch phone could happen but Apple has proven they can compete head to head with Android without one.

 

Most people still buy the iPhone 5 over the Galaxy S3 when price is not a factor.

 

I think Android phones popularity outside the US is because then price is a determining factor, as you said. It doesn't have as much to do with the screen size I would presume.

post #25 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I don't know why Apple would go BACKWARDS and mimic the look and feel of Android.

That's silly. For all that I don't really like it, Android definitely does some things better than iOS. I would really like to be able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center, for instance. Also, Samsung's split window mode would be pretty great on an iPad. I would also like it if app updates showed up in Notification Center--and if you could download them from there, without having to switch to the App Store.
post #26 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I don't know why Apple would go BACKWARDS and mimic the look and feel of Android.

That's silly. For all that I don't really like it, Android definitely does some things better than iOS. I would really like to be able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center, for instance. Also, Samsung's split window mode would be pretty great on an iPad. I would also like it if app updates showed up in Notification Center--and if you could download them from there, without having to switch to the App Store.
post #27 of 157

"A new report claims"

 

This is how all that shit we hate starts.

 

Analyst 1: Hey Ed, there's a new report from somewhere claiming that Apple's going to introduce an edible iPhone made entirely of lead.

Analyst 2: You have a source for that?

Analyst 1: No f***ing clue, Ed. Someone just pulled it out of their ass. I think it was an analyst who talked to a guy, who passed it on to another guy, who mentioned it to me in the kitchen.

Analyst 2: Perfect. Just run with it, then. Make sure it leaks. Then when the stock drops another 10-15, we can buy in.

Analyst 1: Alright, and to make money on it we can just shut up for the rest of the time?

Analyst 2: Yep. And watch the stock skyrocket. All you need to do is stfu and let Apple do what they do.

Analyst 1: Awesome. Let's pick out the yachts we're gonna buy over lunch. 

Analyst 2: Win.

 

 

smh.

post #28 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinder6 View Post


That's silly. For all that I don't really like it, Android definitely does some things better than iOS. I would really like to be able to toggle bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center, for instance. Also, Samsung's split window mode would be pretty great on an iPad. I would also like it if app updates showed up in Notification Center--and if you could download them from there, without having to switch to the App Store.

 

These are all geeky things that are of zero importance to most consumers, particularly stuff like toggling, "bluetooth, wifi, and airplane mode from the Notification Center." Guess what, most people don't toggle these things at all. They might turn on AP mode, maybe, but, for them, the current method of doing that is fine. These sort of geek oriented changes copied from Android are not the sort of iOS changes that would be worthwhile to do, at all.

post #29 of 157

I have no doubt Apple can make a lower priced iPhone without sacrificing quality. My first 3 iPhones were made of plastic on the back and we thought those were the best phones in the world, so let's not pretend Apple has always made products out of beautiful metals and such.

 

The iMac, eMac, MacBook, early iPods, iPod HiFi, AppleTV are all made of some sort of plastics and they were/are quality products.

post #30 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I hope the 4.7" iPhone+ becomes a reality. If it doesn't make an appearance then the 5S or 6 along with iOS 7 needs to really have some major new draws to keep all the 4S owners in the fold as their upgrades mature.  Apple has never faced so much tough competition as they will in 2013 from Android.  ...

 

Credibility a little shaky...

 

Quote:
... Not to mention a resurgent RIM ...

 

... gone.

post #31 of 157
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
…a nostalgic but loyal base…

 

All 2% of them.


Even the U.S. has changed to an extent and has hurt Apple sales quite dramatically.

 

How is this statement anything even remotely resembling a fact?


Even if that means taking essentially the guts out of the 4 or 4S and putting it into a plastic case to be able to offer a phone for $350.

 

Why would engineering a brand fricking new plastic case for old componentry be 1) magically "better" or feel "less old" than you're already claiming or 2) cheaper than what they're selling now, unchanged, but at a lower price?!


So a cheaper iPhone could serve as a gateway drug to lock them into the ecosystem. 

 

People on welfare already use iPhones. It's cheap enough.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #32 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

Only thing that makes sense is the iPhone 5S which we all already knew was coming.

 

iPad 5? Some of what he said makes sense, but I don't think Apple is going to ditch the bezels, unless the iPad 5 is as light as the Mini (not likely).

 

Plastic iPhone? No.

 

iPhone +? "Plan B" against Android? Now he's just making stuff up.


Probably plastic back like the iPhone 3G/3GS. Less top-notch as an iPhone 5, but cheap to build. It's can be just about the OS.

 

Apple has no choice. They can't become marginalized like a repeat of the Mac/Windows thing. I lived through that and it wasn't pretty.

 

Doesn't matter if you have the nicest, most expensive hardware running the nicest OS. Especially when A LOT of people don't care about the OS, just the cost and features. And Android WILL be on parity with iOS, more or less, to most people, so there better be a cheaper phone.

 

Hopefully, the cheaper phone will be available in the US for a lot of kids whose parents can't afford to buy them an iPhone.

post #33 of 157

Nothing but an Apple TV update in the first two quarters?

 

How likely is that?

post #34 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

 

This rumor of no side bezels on the 9.7" iPad simply doesn't seem credible. There's little to no benefit, and the ergonomics would be bad, to say the least. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

 

I think he's been duped, which leaves the rest of his rumors less than credible, too, as a result.

 

Soft bezel is the solution. Would you really need a bezel if you do not hold the tablet (e.g. while watching video or play a board game) ?

post #35 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

 

I'm not against an "iPhone Mini" type concept, but realistically Apple could just continue selling the iPhone 4, after the 5S comes out, for $299.

 

 

 

I think Android phones popularity outside the US is because then price is a determining factor, as you said. It doesn't have as much to do with the screen size I would presume.

No they can't. There's not a single rational people on this world that's going to pay full price for a 3 year old phone. No one. It has to be "new" and look "new", even if it is worse! That's how almost everyone thinks.

 

about the second sentence... It has to do with both. The note is as expensive or more, the galaxy s3 has almost the same base-price. If you can buy a 599 phone, you can buy a 699 and you will, if you think it's better.

 

There's a potential market of 50 million (or more) NEW COSTUMERS per quarter for big screens. (s3+note+ONE+Optimus+xperia+Nexus)

post #36 of 157
A bumped up spec 3GS?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #37 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason98 View Post

 

Soft bezel is the solution. Would you really need a bezel if you do not hold the tablet (e.g. while watching video or play a board game) ?

 

Too annoying. Do you really want to see your display shrinking/expanding as you hold/release your iPad, say, lying on the couch with your knees propped up? I don't think so. I certainly don't.

post #38 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I hope the 4.7" iPhone+ becomes a reality. If it doesn't make an appearance then the 5S or 6 along with iOS 7 needs to really have some major new draws to keep all the 4S owners in the fold as their upgrades mature.  Apple has never faced so much tough competition as they will in 2013 from Android. Not to mention a resurgent RIM that looks to have a pretty nice OS and a nostalgic but loyal base ready to stick with Blackberry or return if given a compelling reason. 

 

A cheaper but not "cheap" iPhone also makes sense. The cheapest current new iPhone is the 8GB iPhone 4  which is still $450 - $500 depending on the country without subsidies. It is a quality phone but is perceived rightly or wrongly as old. Over 70% of the world's smartphone customers do not get any subsidy at all for a phone so they have to pay the full price. Even the U.S. has changed to an extent and has hurt Apple sales quite dramatically. If the carriers all had the same upgrade policies they had 2 or 3 years ago in place, Apple would have breezed by 50 million iPhone sales. I used to get a full upgrade every 12 months but now it is 18 months, and for some carriers 20 or 22 months. Phone geeks still upgrade often and own 3 or 4 phones, but they are a tiny minority. 

 

Apple is good at making something cheaper in price without making it cheap. Even if that means taking essentially the guts out of the 4 or 4S and putting it into a plastic case to be able to offer a phone for $350. Many parents buy their kids those low end and dirt cheap Android phones that really are complete crap. But since kids lose and break phones it is a good choice since they are easy and cheap to replace. But once those kids get used to Android or any OS they tend to stay with what is familiar and comfortable and then buy a Galaxy or other expensive Android phone later. So a cheaper iPhone could serve as a gateway drug to lock them into the ecosystem. 

 

Completely agree with you on everything. A cheaper phone. Can be done. Easily. And a larger phone. I need a larger phone. I rarely make calls on my iPhone, so a larger phone for computing would be perfect.

 

I won't buy an iPad because with LTE and 32 GB, it's WAY overpriced. Apple needs to stop gouging customers on upping the RAM and adding LTE. What a ripoff.

 

Disclaimer: I've been using Apple products for 30 years. And my kids and I have MacBook Pros and iPhones (4/4S).

post #39 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Since when is turning bluetooth, wifi, or airplane on/off geeky? Anyone that uses a bluetooth headset might do that several times a day when you are trying to save every drop of battery life you can. 

 

No, most users really don't do that.

post #40 of 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfisher View Post


Probably plastic back like the iPhone 3G/3GS. Less top-notch as an iPhone 5, but cheap to build. It's can be just about the OS.

 

no no no... are you guys blind? There's a brand new iPod touch with great margins for 329. put only 8gb, put a 3.5" retina (much cheaper), 800mhz a5 and you have an amazing new and great phone with 0 R&D, BOM of less than 160, machinery ready.

 

299, GREAT BUILD QUALITY, margins of more than 40%, much more marketshare so stronger ecosystem revenue. Same stuff they did with the mini.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › 'iPad 5' rumored to debut in Oct. with mini-like design, 'iPhone 5S' & plastic iPhone also coming [ux2]