post #1 of 1

http://davidwasson.net/a-consummate-confessional/2013/2/1/thank-you-ratheism

Quote:

You know what I am tired of? I'm tired of Christianity getting a free pass when we blow it because of our claimed 'theology' of forgiveness. It's become a lived into reality that we (Christians) can be some real jerks (edited for the orignal word I used, for those with sensitive ears), and just move on with a simple apology in the name of our faith. We conjure up some weak theology mumbo-jumbo, and viola! ...our slate is clean! Like magic!

I call bull-dooky.

But I can only call it because Jesus, my rabbi, did first. If you seek his most brutal teachings, his most harsh rhetoric, his most direct critiques - they weren't to those who didn't believe, but to those who did.

The religious were called out for their false pietyfor their public displays of self-importance, and their preferential treatment of their own kind. BY JESUS. 

Oh, its in there kiddos... it's all in there.

Refreshing that finally a Christian actually knows a little thing or two about his own holy book.  Corporate Randian Jesus is a complete fabrication by the evangelical movement.  As I've said for years, American conservatism (including libertarianism) is incompatible with biblical Jesus.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan