or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Looking To Add Apple to my kids DRIPs....how do you see apple performing over the next 30 years

Looking To Add Apple to my kids DRIPs....how do you see apple performing over the next 30 years

post #1 of 5

I currently have a basket of Dividend reinvestment stocks for my 2 boys, they're 6 and 8 and they're gonna thank me alot in 50 years, but Im looking at adding shares for each kid at todays levels and putting them in a DRIP for them, so the questions I ask as someone unfamiliar with APPLE stock but very intrigued by the companies 6x earnings value and juicy DIV

1.Does apple increase dividends year over year? Are they planning to moving forward

2.What kind of growth do you see moving forward, I cant see apple have 20% growth anymore theyre just so massive...or am I wrong?

3. Anyone else in this for 20+ years, I don't like to sell shares.

Thanks again, looking to join the apple bandwagon tomorrow morning in the $450 range

post #2 of 5

30 years ago, we weren't using the mouse.

You can't be serious with that question.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

post #3 of 5

that's not crazy...all the dividend titans I currently invest in have not only paid dividends for the last 25+ years but they've increased the payout every year...there is nothing crazy about my question.

I simply asked if apple will be increasing dividends annually...bc if they are they seem like a tremendous value play at the PE they trade at today.

I am currently long PM,WMT,MCD,JNJ,PG in my kids DRIPs and those companies are going nowhere in the next 30 years, so I again dont see the craziness in my question...

post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedivkid View Post

that's not crazy...all the dividend titans I currently invest in have not only paid dividends for the last 25+ years but they've increased the payout every year...there is nothing crazy about my question.

I simply asked if apple will be increasing dividends annually...bc if they are they seem like a tremendous value play at the PE they trade at today.

I am currently long PM,WMT,MCD,JNJ,PG in my kids DRIPs and those companies are going nowhere in the next 30 years, so I again dont see the craziness in my question...

Likely not.  Most of Apple's cash is overseas, and management doesn't seem particularly keen on paying dividends.  Not to mention, the yield right now is terrible.  If you want dividends, stick to established names with decent yields (~5%), but also check out stocks that trade in Asia, lots of them pay generous dividends.  

post #5 of 5
Originally Posted by Thedivkid View Post
…there is nothing crazy about my question.

Asking about the future performance of a technology company over a span greater than five years is by definition crazy.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Looking To Add Apple to my kids DRIPs....how do you see apple performing over the next 30 years